shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

No Chance to see a script Version of this mod in arma2? :(

There is a mission version for ArmA2 - check the forums, it's not updated as the mod version but it's still good. I won't have the time to continue developing for arma 2 and 3

Hi, we are using MCC_Sandbox extensively on our Wasteland Mission server! I posted the following post at a Battleye-thread a few days ago, however I did not receive any feedback yet. I wonder if anyone in this thread might be able to give me feedback on this matter.

Hi! As admin and a custom mission maker on our Wasteland server which has Battleye installed, I frequently make use of createvehicle. Battleye kicks me of the server accordingly. How do I exclude myself as admin from being kicked while Battleye still kicks when this action is triggered by another player. (Or is this what the Whitelist is for?)(Sorry if I ask for the obvious way. I am wading through the hundreds of threads about everything related to Arma 2 and so on.)

Just a short little request:

Could you guys make a tutorial on how to make mcc-sandbox respawn?

And...

Is there a possibility of having an option in mcc doing this:

"Spawn units in this big zone, in patrol and fortify, etc" What I mean is, dynamic units. Could that be possible?

Thanks.

Thanks for a great MOD. I have been using Sandbox to make great and engaging missions. I recently downloaded the new version and now I cant seem to place Hostages into my mission. Whereas before I could with no problem. When I use the 3D editor I can select the unit and see it but when I APPLY then hit SPACE to place it, it blinks and nothing is placed? Any suggestions.

Added later: I did some more experimenting and it seems I cant place any civilians at all, even just using the 3D editor to just place units.

Edited by Rs3rr

Just a short little request:

Could you guys make a tutorial on how to make mcc-sandbox respawn?

And...

Is there a possibility of having an option in mcc doing this:

"Spawn units in this big zone, in patrol and fortify, etc" What I mean is, dynamic units. Could that be possible?

Thanks.

MCC Respawn works like that: place a respawn zone (pick it up from menu 1) then spawn groups once the group is down a new group will be spawned in the same zone and with the same behavior. You can limit the number of irritation the respawn will work.

I'm not sure I understand the Dynamic units you talked about. The unit's behavior is per unit/group and not per zone. You can have multiple units with multiple behaviors in the same zone.

Keep in mind that even units spawned on fortify will change to aggressive once they are engaged.

Thanks for a great MOD. I have been using Sandbox to make great and engaging missions. I recently downloaded the new version and now I cant seem to place Hostages into my mission. Whereas before I could with no problem. When I use the 3D editor I can select the unit and see it but when I APPLY then hit SPACE to place it, it blinks and nothing is placed? Any suggestions.

Added later: I did some more experimenting and it seems I cant place any civilians at all, even just using the 3D editor to just place units.

What new version? The only new versions I released were for ArmA3

I downloaded an update to MCC for ARMA 2, I thought. It was from v10 to v11.

Added later : I have been trying other things and it seems MCC just won't let me add in CIV. I am able to add EAST in various ways, but not CIV. I turned off all MODS except for what is needed and still nothing. I also re-installed v10 and still it wont let me add CIV. Like I stated before this a entirely new problem, it did not exist before.

Added later : Here is something else I found interesting. In the editor I placed my unit as a CIV, previewed, opened MCC, added other CIV in 3d, so far no issues. Then I go to Hostage, change the CIV unit type, place in 3D and it will only place Citizen Brown no matter what it was changed to. Help.

Edited by Rs3rr

Have you tried to set the ambient civilian module in your map? Was the reason why I couldn't set civs in the first place.

When I try to play with the mod on a dedicated server, it will not show any types of a lot of things in some boxes, such as classes in Spawn a group or stuff like that. Please help me!

Some factions don't have all classes (e.g. a faction may not have any air units) and some mod factions don't have groups defined, so they won't show in the group generator. The default BIS factions are usually the most complete, so check USMC or Russian and see if all the groups and classes show up correctly.

Having spent 30+ hours making my first mission for A2 (granted a LOT of that time was just learning the basics) this mod sounds like the Valkyries coming down from Valhalla to rescue me and carry me back to heaven! :)

Couple questions:

1. If I make a mission with this mod, I'm assuming it then makes it a required addon to play the final mission?

2. Does it play good with ACE, ACE_X, ACE_RU, ACE_PLA, ACE_USN?

3. I have been checking out different options to get AI enemies to inhabit and fortify houses. A buddy has been using the GL4 scripts in a mission he is making, but I'm wondering if this mod would take care of that for me?

One more question:

4. If I figure out there is some thing that GL4 can do that this can't do, will I need to 'disable' UPSMON to be able to assign some units with GL4 scripting? I barely know what I'm talking about here, but a buddy who uses GL4 pointed out that that might be one of the only complications to making a mission with MCC.

Edited by Anthropoid

Having spent 30+ hours making my first mission for A2 (granted a LOT of that time was just learning the basics) this mod sounds like the Valkyries coming down from Valhalla to rescue me and carry me back to heaven! :)

Couple questions:

1. If I make a mission with this mod, I'm assuming it then makes it a required addon to play the final mission?

You can't make a mission with this mod or at least not in the manner that you are asking. Basically you can create missions on the fly in real-time but they can't be saved to regular mission format that you can then edit with the editor or anything else. There is save/load functionality but only within the console itself.

Quite the good mod, been trying to figure out how to use it and it's pretty good so far, only thing I don't like is that sometimes when 3d editting the scroll menu goes away, hope this can maybe be fixed.

You can't make a mission with this mod or at least not in the manner that you are asking. Basically you can create missions on the fly in real-time but they can't be saved to regular mission format that you can then edit with the editor or anything else. There is save/load functionality but only within the console itself.

Really!? That's disappointing :(

Tried running it with both ACE and vanilla, CAS doesn't work the planes just crash.

Is there a fix for this?

I've had CAS work fine with both planes and helicopters in both ACE and Vanilla. What I have had problems with is any sort of the supply drops. I've had them work only once but never again. This was way back a few months though. With CAS I've had it working very recently.

Usually planes crash due to the fact that people using the OA and not the combined ops so there is no pilot to be spawn

Usually planes crash due to the fact that people using the OA and not the combined ops so there is no pilot to be spawn

Have you seen my issue with supply drops. I rarely can get that to work. A lot of times the plane will fly overhead but won't drop anything.

Have you seen my issue with supply drops. I rarely can get that to work. A lot of times the plane will fly overhead but won't drop anything.

PM me with skype I surelly want to take a look at this.

Re: this is what I've learned so far.

I setup a SixUpdater preset that included MCC_sandbox (as well as ACE and CBA). Created a mission in the editor; MCC Game Generator window was present whenever I was in the Preview. Saved it and .pbo-ed it. Put it in my MP mission folder (it had several playable soldiers and was written in FHQTT so the tasks were assigned to all).

I think there were four of us who logged into a session hosted off my machine. Couple guys did not have MCC running (probably not even installed) at least one guy did. The guy who did have it installed was able to use the Game Generator; the other guys of course were not able to do so.

So in sum, it appears that it does work more or less like I thought. The real trick I think is to add one thing to the init.sqf in the final version, right before you .pbo:

enable_mcc_sandbox_addon = false;

PM me with skype I surelly want to take a look at this.

shay_gman, not sure when I'll be on next. I will look for you if I can though.

If you have any specific questions or something you want me to try out then let me know via PM or here.

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Re: this is what I've learned so far.

I setup a SixUpdater preset that included MCC_sandbox (as well as ACE and CBA). Created a mission in the editor; MCC Game Generator window was present whenever I was in the Preview. Saved it and .pbo-ed it. Put it in my MP mission folder (it had several playable soldiers and was written in FHQTT so the tasks were assigned to all).

I think there were four of us who logged into a session hosted off my machine. Couple guys did not have MCC running (probably not even installed) at least one guy did. The guy who did have it installed was able to use the Game Generator; the other guys of course were not able to do so.

So in sum, it appears that it does work more or less like I thought. The real trick I think is to add one thing to the init.sqf in the final version, right before you .pbo:

enable_mcc_sandbox_addon = false;

I believe this is all pretty straight forward and known. Many groups have used it like this for a while.

I have implemented MCC_sandbox on our little Wasteland.Chernarus-server and everyone is lovin' the custom missions we manage to create with MCC_sandbox! A BIG thanks to the developers!! Arma 2 CO already is a great game, but this addon completes it for us! (As an oldschool gamer since 1985 I haven't as much fun doing simulations like these! The Desert Combat Mod in BF1942 was fun, but this is fantastic with endless possibilities!)

Without ACE

We run this without ACE (unfortunaly) due to the conflicts with the expanded Wasteland-mission itself. I hope to fix this sometime in the near future, so we can make use of all the possibilities MCC_sandbox has to offer.

Arming the civilians?

Wasteland is populated by 3 playable sides (BluFOR (West), OpFOR (East) and Independent(Guerrila)(=GroupCOOP or FFA)) and 1 AI-side (Civilian, which is hostile to all playable factions.) I am considering restricting the playable sides to OpFOR and Independent, so I can use BluFOR as hostile AI to its full potential. Civilians are not armed nor have many utilities to confront the player factions like BluFOR has! If I oversee an option in which I can arm and motorize Civilians with MCC_sandbox, please let me know!

Restricted access

Since our server is not restricted to some friends or clanmembers for example and open for every Wasteland-fanatic, a lot of visitors do not have MCC_sandbox installed (or CBA for that matter..) Therefore I cannot implement the MCC Access Rights module, since it would require everyone to run MCC_sandbox clientside and many players wont join the server because of that (until they actually get to know how great this addon is.)

On the other hand, the players that have MCC_sandbox installed clientside, get access to the tool if none of us is logged in already. They can abuse and create havoc on the server with this addon, which we want to avoid at all cost!

Now i have been reading through this entire thread from page 1 to last and I came across some questions and answers :

Is there absolutely no way to restrict access without having to insert the MCC Access Rights module? (which would require every client to install the mod clientside.) I am certainly not an expert, but I am looking for means inside the " init_moduleAcess.sqf " which I open up by unPBO-ing the " mcc_sandbox_mod.pbo ".

Best regards, Slammin

Hello!!

I'm a Wasteland server admin, and this mod must be really good for dynamic mission or event!

I'm sorry, but i'm beginer to configure script/mod, and I've got the same probleme.

1- I try without the MCC Access Rights module on map editor (mission.sqm)=> everyone can connect on my server but everyone with mcc mod can acces to the mcc menu :(

2- I try with the MCC Access Rights module => clients needs to install the mod, and I try with a friend , he can login to the mcc module if he clik quickly "login" when the menu appear.

So I try with the mission version but I have some bug with Ace mod core...

I'm going to be crazy!! :D Please help me

hi, someone can explain me (or give me a good link) how to set up some artillery compatible with the mcc console artillery script ?

i tried everything but my artillery never show up on the mcc console...

if i edit the mission settings and add some shell per hour then 5 cannons shows up but then the arty strike never happen...

(even if i set 1 bazillion of arty shot per hour in the mcc console i still read: arty shell left : <null>)

Edited by rocksoldier

hi, someone can explain me (or give me a good link) how to set up some artillery compatible with the mcc console artillery script ?

i tried everything but my artillery never show up on the mcc console...

if i edit the mission settings and add some shell per hour then 5 cannons shows up but then the arty strike never happen...

(even if i set 1 bazillion of arty shot per hour in the mcc console i still read: arty shell left : <null>)

I think you have to be a little clearer on what you are trying to do here.

With the regular MCC Admin Console (mod version although I suspect the same for script version), you don't have to add anything to the mission for arty strikes. If you are talking about the MCC Console that one obtains via ammo crate then that is likely a different story as I am pretty sure there are settings in the admin console to add the strikes that are available.

I think you have to be a little clearer on what you are trying to do here.

With the regular MCC Admin Console (mod version although I suspect the same for script version), you don't have to add anything to the mission for arty strikes. If you are talking about the MCC Console that one obtains via ammo crate then that is likely a different story as I am pretty sure there are settings in the admin console to add the strikes that are available.

i try to explain better:

-im using the mod version (downloaded from play withsix)

-using the mission creator (the admin console) i can call arty, no problem here...

but i want to use the mcc console from the ammo crate to call the arty... the problem is that it doesen't matter what i do in the admin console but i never get arty shell avaliable in the mcc console.

also i don't understand if i need to place some artillery in the map and link it with an artillery module to make this work... is that somehow related ?

sorry but even if i play since Operation flashpoint come out im still a noob in editing :D