shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

Hello, trying to run MCC on my server but I only get "MCC_Sandbox" is not signed by this server ect."

Any suggestions? I've tried to add the bisign into my keys folder in the server.

Hello, trying to run MCC on my server but I only get "MCC_Sandbox" is not signed by this server ect."

Any suggestions? I've tried to add the bisign into my keys folder in the server.

Did you updated the latest key with the last update?

First of all thumbs up for the good addon, I'm really glad I found it.

Thing is everytime we've played missions using mcc sandbox we're encountering invulnerable units at some point, partly our team also became invulnerable.

Is there a conflict with the ace wounding system?

Thing is everytime we've played missions using mcc sandbox we're encountering invulnerable units at some point, partly our team also became invulnerable.

Is there a conflict with the ace wounding system?

Could you please provide some more details about when this happens?

- Specific Map or multiple maps?

- Units you play with

- Other Mods used

- Do you use SF HALO start?

- Zone types?

- etc

Could you please provide some more details about when this happens?

- Specific Map or multiple maps?

- Units you play with

- Other Mods used

- Do you use SF HALO start?

- Zone types?

- etc

One of the maps was fiji, can't remember the other one. Only occured in infantry only combat against Russion Opfor Groups (spawned with MCC, regular zones). Strange thing is that the problem occured like an hour into the mission the first time and pretty much from the start the second time.

We also used ACE including Ace wounding, can't tell if poor man revive was on.

I'll add more info when I've talked to my squad about it

Hello Rickyfox,

Can you also define what do you mean by saying invulnerable?

Are the units get hits and won't die or they die and keep on respawning?

Hello Rickyfox,

Can you also define what do you mean by saying invulnerable?

Are the units get hits and won't die or they die and keep on respawning?

Invulnerable here meaning that when shot, ace wounding kicks in as usual with bleeding and all but it doesn't result in unit death.

Edit: In addition I found a scripterror when creating a patrol zone - not sure if that's already known, will try to post the error message when I get my hands on it

Edit2: After some time we did a mission with mcc again, lasting about 3 hours. The problem I described in my previous posts didn't occur to us. Tried to backtrack and reproduce the problem with no result. Guess it's just an anomaly or a reaaaaally weird bug :D

Edited by Rickyfox

Is it possible to assign a single unit to a specific group?

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Is there a way to set a trigger to pop up a message on the screen or cause an end game? I tried using a sidechat in the command box but it seems to run immediately rather than capturing for the trigger.

Are the keys new every time the mod get an update? Or do we need to create own keys to make sure that players can´t connect with older versions?

Edit2: After some time we did a mission with mcc again, lasting about 3 hours. The problem I described in my previous posts didn't occur to us. Tried to backtrack and reproduce the problem with no result. Guess it's just an anomaly or a reaaaaally weird bug :D

Is it possible to assign a single unit to a specific group?

Glad to hear that.

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Is there a way to set a trigger to pop up a message on the screen or cause an end game? I tried using a sidechat in the command box but it seems to run immediately rather than capturing for the trigger.

Not at the moment.

Are the keys new every time the mod get an update? Or do we need to create own keys to make sure that players can´t connect with older versions?

Yes I make new key to each version.

@Bier AIG Razor; You need not copy the bisign into the keys folder, but the bikey.

@Shay Gman; According to my info you're not updating the key everytime, but the bisign.

In that case, all older versions can simply connect, as it is the key that makes that difference. The new .bisign is just to authorize the pbo to be used with the key.

Also the mcc bisigns are v1, not v2. Probably created with older toolset. Check http://sickboy-six.blogspot.nl/2011/11/v2-signatures-bisign-and-bikey-what-is.html for v2 info.

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks Sickboy I didn't know that. I'll will make new keys with V2.

Not at the moment.

Any plans for such features gman? Would be really useful in a lot of situations.

Any plans for such features gman? Would be really useful in a lot of situations.

Hi Delta99, well I'm not predicting big changes to MCC till ArmA3 :)

But still there are some workarounds and solutions to your requests:

1. There are several ways to assign a single unit to a group:

a. If the group is controlled by player you can add the recruitable preset to any unit (consider it isn't empty) in 3D editor, then just approach the unit and you'll have an option to recruit it to you side.

b. You can use the group generator to create a group with any unit class you want to.

c. You can use the group generator to add to any unit/group waypoint, add a join WP to a selected group.

d. You can use the high command to set any unit as the side commander and assign any of the group available on the battlefield to be under his command.

e. You can spawn an armed civilian after you disarm him you will have the option to recruit him.

2. Regarding triggers: you can add your own custom trigger on any mission and use it as framework to your mission.

Yes I make new key to each version.

So we don´t need to make our own keys to prevent connecting with older versions?

So we don´t need to make our own keys to prevent connecting with older versions?

You do need to. Apparently I did it wrong as Sickboy enlighten me.

Hey shay_gman,

First off, I've been using your mod version of MCC since it came out and it's fantastic, has made playing arma with friends SO much better. It's easily one of the first things I install on my server when I set one up every so often. One thing I have noticed though is the IED section doesn't seem to be working, I'm not sure for how long it's been like this but certainly for months (atleast for me.) To clarify I'm specifically referring to the methods for detonating them, neither proximity or radio seem to work regardless of how I set them up. I'm not sure if it's something wrong I'm doing on my end, but I've made a quick video to demonstrate the way I go about it.

If I'm doing something wrong or leaving something out please point it out, thanks in advance.

We tested the mcc with clanmates maybe 10-12 different installations and different mods in use and the ied-section won´t work anymore. that must be a mcc sandbox problem or is there a special trick ? Is there anybody else who can test it ?

We tested the mcc with clanmates maybe 10-12 different installations and different mods in use and the ied-section won´t work anymore. that must be a mcc sandbox problem or is there a special trick ? Is there anybody else who can test it ?

I tried the IED stuff and it worked.

I tried the IED stuff and it worked.

How do you set one ?

Start a map, login on mcc and lay down some ied-ground for west-forces and then drive over it ?

Do i have to set the start west, a single zone or disable the respawn before i set one ?

How do you set one ?

Start a map, login on mcc and lay down some ied-ground for west-forces and then drive over it ?

Do i have to set the start west, a single zone or disable the respawn before i set one ?

There is some problem with the BIS IED as they don't count as an object, I did some workaround it and spawn an invisable object attach to it but still it might have some issues.

Not sure if this has been asked as I did not see it - can login be disabled? When playing singleplayer Flashpoint missions the login and logout buttons are grey after respawning.

How do you set one ?

I was using menu page 2 under explosives. You set the type, object, size etc. Then click "Create IED". Then click a map location. I tried barrels object type and it seems to work for me.

I was using menu page 2 under explosives. You set the type, object, size etc. Then click "Create IED". Then click a map location. I tried barrels object type and it seems to work for me.

Barrels work for me, like suicidbombers or armed civilians. The only thing that doesn´t work is the ied-section with ied-ground, ied-ground large and so on.

Okay. Ive followed every instruction there was and got everything working just fine. Now my problem is that im running a dedicated server and i have MCC in the server but when i pull up the menu and try spawning something(after logging in as admin, logging in on mcc thing, and creating a zone) I get the "ACCESS DENIED" message. Could it be because im using the Armory mission? Its on Cheranus and its OA with all the ACE mods installed including CBA. PLEASE HELP ME!!! :(