shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

I had a strange issue on dedi servers. It took me forever to figure out what caused it ...

Every time I played a mission on a dedi server, my local time (watch time) was 2 hours behind.

After deactivating addons (CBA, ACRE, cTAB, MCC) I found out that MCC causes the delay on my client. I did not log on with MCC while playing. It happened straight away. Sync problem?

Just to let you know (if you didn't already)

Edit, only noticed now this is the A2 thread. My issue occurs with MCC for A3. Apologies.

Seems like you are not 2 hours but a few years behind mate! I guarantee you that we are currently working on a fast time forward machine. Post on A3 please :)

For both of you are you refering to arma 2 or arma 3 MCC? do you use CBA?

Yes i am trying for arma 2 and i did get the mod loaded it just wouldnt let me have access to it in the server

Yes i am trying for arma 2 and i did get the mod loaded it just wouldnt let me have access to it in the server

Does the server running MCC as well?

Because the mod isn't runing on the server you logged in

Because the mod isn't runing on the server you logged in

But what i must do to run the mod on the server becouse only i know about it and other players not and i wouldnt to other player donload this

Hello,

MCC recently installed, but I can not make it work, does not appear in the menu soldier.

Could you help me?

thank you

Just a report. Using MCC 4 r7, when using mission generator I get a report during mission building:

Script mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\pop_menu\markers_add.sqf not found.

p.s. @shay_gman: Congrats on a wonderful ARMA 3 addon! All best wishes for the future!

edit: wrong forum as it concerns A3 :)

Edited by StarMox

Hi,

I'm using MCC4 to modify a mission on my dedicated server, but I'm having trouble accomplishing something:

I'm new to MCC, but it's pretty easy to place objects, etc and that's about as much as I need right now. I want to modify an existing mission to include a few ammo boxes. Once I place these and press "Save MCC SQM", I don't know where this is saved. I'd like to crack open my .pbo, add the MCC-created content to the mission.sqm, then save it so that I can run the dedicated server without MCC mod loaded. The MCC format on the clipboard doesn't seem compatible or at least my dedicated server complains about syntax.

How can I permanently add MCC content to a mission? I'm familiar with manipulating PBOs, BTW

Thanks!

@shay_gman I love your work! I know that only one person can use MCC at a time but if I use the MCC in single player and syn the MCC MODULE that has an owner name to a unit with the same name only that unit can log into the MCC even if I have team switch function. Now if I attempt the same thing in multiplayer (host server) no unit can log into the MCC at all. How can I setup that only a particular unit can log in during multiplayer game. Avibird.

I attempted this

You can restrict MCC access by roles. To do that simply synchronize the units you want to have access to MCC with the module.

You can also restrict MCC Access by players name to do that place the Access Rights module and put this in its init: this setvariable ["names",["shay_gman","Spirit"]];

Replace the ["shay_gman","Spirit"] with the name of the players you want to have access.

You can use any of the method above or both to restrict access to MCC Sandbox.

no luck!!!!

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Would anyone be willing to do a tutorial on MCC Triggers?

It's the only feature I don't know how to use, and honestly know nothing about it. I've searched around, especially in this thread, and haven't found anything. Any volunteers?

Question with MCC you can't save a mission in progress like a real save for the game. It only saves items placed down but not forward progress in your mission? So when you start your mission over and then go into the MCC editor and load up a save profile the mission is still at the start of your mission with no forward progress but now with new units and items in the mission that you placed down from the MCC editor. So this is not really a save function for the game. I was a little confused about this.

So I got MCC recently and it is a fantastic mod, but I have a problem spawning in any units (both in the 3D and 2D editors). I can select Infantry, Armored, and the others but on the class selection I am unable to chose anything as there is only a black space, even when I click on it. This problem prevents me from spawning in units, groups, and many other things, and is really inconvenient. My friend is also having this problem.

Thanks for the great mod!

Ok this is my favoruite mod ever! just a quick quesion, how to you make civilians spawn in groups? certain civilians like the ones from bis have this option, yet some like the ones from duala doesn't. is there a thing I should modify for it to work? and is there a possibility to spawn a large amount of civilians at once to populate a city? Thanks!

Ok this is my favoruite mod ever! just a quick quesion, how to you make civilians spawn in groups? certain civilians like the ones from bis have this option, yet some like the ones from duala doesn't. is there a thing I should modify for it to work? and is there a possibility to spawn a large amount of civilians at once to populate a city? Thanks!

Alright, one more question. is there any ways to use GRAD rockets on the artillery menu?

I thought there was a way to create units in Zeus and MCC then save it to your profile, come back later (open up the profile) and control the units through Zeus again.

Zeus is my prefered method of controlling units for the players but when i load the profile again the items are only controllable through MCC. I'm assuming that saving through sqm msn file would result in the same. no zeus control unless you put it down in the current mission.

It's driving me nuts.

Thanks.

Thx for the good works mates.

I m wondering about using this version (the MOD version) on a dedicated server.

Still have access DENIED when i try to build a unit.

Of course i m the only player in the map and logged in as ADMIN

I can only make and update some zone. All others features return "ACCES DENIED"

Any idea ?

UPDATE : Finding a solution : pressLOGIN button before create a zone... Works great... well done !

Hello. I have the Same Problem. I have MCC as @ Folder Install in my server but here Work this nothing. With the Modul and without both Acces Denied...

and i have no idea why.

I have too try with the Acces Modul with this setvariable ["names",["myname1","myname2"]];

and still Acces Denied.

On my server comes now this here

[mcc_actionInedx] call CBA_fnc_removePlay>

2015/05/21, 18:49:42 Error position: <mcc_actionInedx] call CBA_fnc_removePlay

>

2015/05/21, 18:49:42 Error Undefined variable in expression: mcc_actioninedx

2015/05/21, 18:49:42 File mcc_sandbox_mod\init_moduleAcess.sqf, line 16

And still Acces Denied...With and without module! -.-

Edited by John85OC

Mission Control Center Sandbox (MCC Sandbox). MOD Version (SP/MP Vanila/ACE)

So what is MCC Sandbox exactly?

It is freedom. In this 2MB addon you'll find the power to create, control, alter and spice your missions on the run. You'll have the power to change and surprise your friends every time you'll play. You can use it a mainframe for mission making, as a strain test tool for mission making or even as a cheat tool for SP.

You'll get a 3D editor, box generator, time control, weather control, fog control, you'll spawn enemy or friendly units asking them to patrol a zone or ambush the players, you'll call for paratroops, create IED, suicide bombers, hostile civilians, place ambushes, call a UAV, a ULB, place a hostage, call for more then 10 types of artillery and CAS missions to aid your friend or to harm them, create triggers, play music or sound, create briefings, tasks, markers, spawn an LHD , spawn some vehicles on it, call for evac, start a HALO and much much much more. You'll be able to save it and load it on later on the run.

As Spirit put it in his own words:

MCC is a dynamic, real time, in-game mission-creation tool. It enables people to build missions on-the-fly whilst in game and change mission parameters to match the reactions of progress of the players.

MCC is capable of "saving" a mission and load it up on the server without using any FTP but by simple use of the clipboard. This means missions can be created out of the dedicated server and loaded up to play.

From inside the mission, you can open a mission making interface that allows you place units on the map, create waypoints and briefing markers, call in CAS missions, artillery, support or whatever you feel like, the possibilities are endless.

MCC is used to create both Coop and PVP missions. Its capable of using respawn on and off, including providing a spectator script.

MCC makes use of a mission maker. Only one person at a time is capable of creating or interfering with the mission by login in to the mission making tool. That person is also capable of logging out again and giving somebody else a go on mission making. That way you don't need to distribute admin access for players to make or manage their missions.

Did you guys make all of this yourself?

No, by all means we would be totally grey an bold. We used, with permission, a lot of good content from the community. We also used a lot of work from our self of course. Initially this project was started by Spirit and slowly went into combined effort with me. As said before I'm standing on the shoulders of giants.

So thanks:

1. Spirit for creating it and guiding me through.

2. Monsada, for his UPSMON script.

3. Mandoble, for his heliroute script.

4. Tuskan Raider, for his Arresting gear script.

5. Bon for his Advanced Artillery Request script.

6. DTM2801 for his Convoy Control Script.

7. TiGGA for his ILS Pro II.

8. iOnOs for his RTE.

9. Sickboy, Vking without them there was no MCC.

10. BIS

11. Ollem for helping developing and expanding MCC.

11. An endless list of people we forgot

Instructions:

Basically all you have to do is run the mod and you'll get a "mission generator" action in the action menu on every single or multiplayer mission.

If you want to confine which players or roles can access MCC you can do it by placing the MCC sandbox module in the 2d editor.

Then you can either sync units to it, only those units will have the MCC access, or you can set a variable to the module with the name of the players which have access to the module.

If you want to let anyone access to MCC just don't put the module.

How do I install this?

MCC is a mod, it's required CBA for it to work. Just drop the @mcc_sandbox folder in the ArmA folder and use a launcher or the BIS addon selecting tool to run it. Place the bikey file in the keys folder.

ACE is strongly recommended as some features are exclusive to ACE, but MCC will work without it.

How do I use this?

Well once you'll start a mission, any mission you'll have mission generator action in the action menu. Just click it.

You can find the PDF manual here (or inside the installation folder):

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3370000/manual-mcc-pdf-december-20-2011-8-06-pm-4-5-meg?da=y

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kar8h9e4dmu6ik8/%40mcc_sandbox.rar - Dropbox mirror

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15546&a=dl -Armaholic Mirror

Some Media:

Dva1gtmNLJU

cEVa-51N-00

ZSefB9YpaHw

wfe3Juv3lzA

Tutorial video links:

- Tutorial by Zdiddy

- Tutorial part 1

- Tutorial part 2

- Tutorial part 3

- Tutorial part 4

- IED module tutorial

- Constuction module tutorial

- High Command tutorial

- Some features

- Som more features

Old MCC mission thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112854&highlight=mcc

change log:

MCC mod r.10 change log:

Group Generator:

- Mission maker stuck on Group's Generator screen sometimes.

- Markers are no longer visible for others then the mission maker.

HALO & Paratroop:

- Players will no longer stuck on parachuting animation once on the ground.

- Player will no longer take damage on SF HALO once teleported to the plane.

Artillery:

- Added to Mission maker console DPICM and Laser guided bombs.

- Fixed Bon artillery from MCC handheld console wasn't working on dedicated servers.

Convoy:

- Fixed spawning convoy with an HVT wasn't working.

- Optimized the convoy script to have much higher success rate.

ULB:

- Fixed spawning Hellfire AH-64 instead of the Sidewinders version.

General:

- Fixed the error appear once a zone was created or updated in any other menu then the first.

MCC mod r.9 change log:

- Fixed concoy won't shoot

- Convoy behavior changed, less failure chance

- Added: support for RH M4 weapons in silencer script

MCC mod r.8 change log:

- Fixed Evac not landing on smoke

- Fixed Evac not returning to LHD

- Fixed Evac will land on the LHD start position and not in the middle of the runway

- Added: LHD elevator inspired by Charles Darwin

- Added: LHD start position for players

- Added: LHD markers when spawned

- Added: Rotate zone - By Ollem

- Added: Patrol zones - By Ollem - AI will patrol randomly between the WP in this zone

- Added: Respawn zones - By Ollem - AI will keep respawning in the zone after they have died constatly or for limted times

- Removed: LHD teleport to sea level and back, use the eleveator to get down to the sea level.

MCC mod r.7 change log:

- Fixed CAS plane tend to stay after the CAS mission

- Garrison - force units to stand up in the buildings.

- Enabled ACE AI wounds.

- Added IED can be detonated by ACE C4, satchel charge or M109 Anti-material rife.

- Added Waypoints and group generator.

- Added unit managment para jump or HALO based on the idea of realistic paradrop by DAP.

- Added placing the MCC access module will disable access to MCC for all players but: Admins, unit synced and player's name list.

- Added MCC Console (classname MCC_Console) buy picking this item the player will have limit access to CAS,Airdrops, Evac chopper, artillery and UAV - all depends on the mission maker will.

Updated the PDF manual.

- Added silencer script for BAF/UKF weapons

Updated Manual.

MCC mod r.6 change log:

- Fixed CAS plane tend to stay after the CAS mission

- Garrison - force units to stand up in the buildings.

- Enabled ACE AI wounds.

- Added IED can be detonated by ACE C4, satchel charge or M109 Anti-material rife.

- Added Waypoints and group generator.

- Added unit managment para jump or HALO based on the idea of realistic paradrop by DAP.

- Added placing the MCC access module will disable access to MCC for all players but: Admins, unit synced and player's name list.

- Added MCC Console (classname MCC_Console) buy picking this item the player will have limit access to CAS,Airdrops, Evac chopper, artillery and UAV - all depends on the mission maker will.

Updated the PDF manual.

- Added silencer script for BAF/UKF weapons

MCC mod r.6 change log:

-Fixed saving

-Added evac option for free landing (AI will land on empty space next to the LZ)

-Added evac smoke landing. Mark your LZ with smoke for precise landing.

MCC mod r.3 change log:

CAS:

-Fixed ACE cas wasn't working.

-Added Helicopters as CAS.

-A-10 gun run stoped working, replaced with Seek And Destroy command. The aircraft will engage any hostile unit for a short period of time

before exfiling.

-Aircraft crew are now reltive to the vehicle and not civilians.

-Each CAS will spawn two aircraft in formation instead of one (thought it will be more realistic).

-New UI for calling CAS. Drag and hold left mouse button across the map to paint the CAS area and approach.

IED:

-Fix disabling IED to work with or without ACE.

- Disabling IED will disable vehicles and also cause infantry to black out

Unit Managment Fixed Wing Transpot:

-Made the transaction to HALO jump or regular jump more smooth.

EASA:

-Added ACE EASA to the 3D editor.

Modules:

-Added game logic "mcc SF" syncronize unit to it to add the "attach/detach weapon's silencer" action to the synced units.

-Added game logic "mcc UC" syncronize unit to it to mark the synced units as undercover agents.

----------- Reserved for further info --------MCC mod r.11 change log:

MCC Changelog:

- Load/save mission config changed to allow restore in latest 1.62 beta's

(To Do: writing config to arma logfile in case dedicated server config should be saved)

- automatic Suunto open/close for both HALO paradrops if AceEnabled

- automatic viewdistance increase/reduction during HALO jump

- old mcc config (based on mod) should load successfully too

- HALO parastart -> up to 18 SF should fit in C130 now

- jumpmaster for HALO Parastart

- Gunrun improved - should work in most cases now

- Gunrun works for nearly all CAS planes/choppers now

- 2 new 'logic modules':

1st module: allows to disable Teleport at start: if placed units will not be auto teleported to start location - which is usefull in case of combination of pre-edited mission file which e.g. places sniper team already at right location.

2nd module: when placed will always enable Teleport To Team - usefull for training missions

- modified the SF dependent code to be more flexible: any unit who's name starts with sf.. is considered SF (so now even SF20 is considered SF. (and same for UnderCover: any unit who's name starts with UC..)

- included option to have HALO start location based on sync to MCC SF module rather then being dependent on only name.

- Headless Client support: zones, UPSMON, 3d editor, FPS display

- Finally found a way to completely get rid of nearly all the STR_DOC error messages in the rpt

- MCC GUI shows feedback current mission date and time

- MCC GUI shows feedback current viewdstance

Hey Shay, I got a slight problem. It appears quite often that my MCC stops working properly. Like, by example, I cannot spawn any more Units, buildings, vehicles, etc. Got a fix for that???

We managed to get MCC running on Exile mod and our dedicated server.

There is one little mystery thou; when spawning reinforce units coming nicely with choppers.
The soldiers then when get to ground start to shoot each others ?

This also happens when spawning any group on map. They start to kill each others.

I think it is somehow affected from Exile mod so they get flagged as enemy to each others.

But aint sure how could check this or try to fix this. So asking any hint or advice where to look ?

Thanks by the way for awesome tool.

We managed to get MCC running on Exile mod and our dedicated server.

There is one little mystery thou; when spawning reinforce units coming nicely with choppers.

The soldiers then when get to ground start to shoot each others ?

This also happens when spawning any group on map. They start to kill each others.

I think it is somehow affected from Exile mod so they get flagged as enemy to each others.

But aint sure how could check this or try to fix this. So asking any hint or advice where to look ?

Thanks by the way for awesome tool.

Thats ARMA 3 this is the ARMA 2 post.

I have still the Access denied problems on my linux arma2 OA server i need help or helpful ideas

OK Guys I have a question for this forum.  Just started using MCC and I love it on our Dedicated server. We run the Mod in the addons on the dedicated server and the interface both client and server side run and initialize however we are hitting a snag. 

The only thing that is not working on the Dedicated server is actually populating the missions.  When I set up all the parameters, and type and create everything once I Hit the Create Mission button it shows the "Creating Mission" text across the screen on my client side computer, however it just hangs there....I can let it run for 20 min and still says "creating mission"  (I believe thats what it says).  It never actually populates the squares with the mission objectives or enemy. sometimes it will create the markers sometimes it wont.  If I Log out of MCC and log back in and try to create a mission after that it says that there is currently a mission being created in progress.

Any ideas ? is this a common problem for dedicated servers ? is there something different on the server.cfg or do i need to create a dedicated server init file ? I am out of options and exhausted. Have been reading tons of forums and the readme's and I added the PBO files to the server the right way. Like i said I would say 90% of the functionality of MCC is there.... Just cant create missions. it just sits there loading

Any other ideas would be appreaciated.

Thanks for your help