shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

sothe load feature is working again then? or is it still pending & waiting to be added to next release?

Not yet - in next release - shouldn't take too long before being released

So, is this mod not working?

It works fine. Your problems seem to have something to do with ACE.

Is there an ETA on the SAFE|LOAD feature being fixed? Mods very hard to use if u cant save it.

^ This

*and by any chance the SAFE/LOAD feature will be fixed for mission version also??

MCC mod r.11 is out - thanks to Ollem. https://www.dropbox.com/s/kar8h9e4dmu6ik8/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

From now on Ollem will be official MCC's team developer. Cheers :yay:

MCC mod r.11 change log:

MCC Changelog:

- Load/save mission config changed to allow restore in latest 1.62 beta's

(To Do: writing config to arma logfile in case dedicated server config should be saved)

- automatic Suunto open/close for both HALO paradrops if AceEnabled

- automatic viewdistance increase/reduction during HALO jump

- old mcc config (based on mod) should load successfully too

- HALO parastart -> up to 18 SF should fit in C130 now

- jumpmaster for HALO Parastart

- Gunrun improved - should work in most cases now

- Gunrun works for nearly all CAS planes/choppers now

- Unitmanagement Paradrop/HALO will drop 1 or 2 Zodiacs if the LZ it over water.

- 2 new 'logic modules':

1st module: allows to disable Teleport at start: if placed units will not be auto teleported to start location - which is usefull in case of combination of pre-edited mission file which e.g. places sniper team already at right location.

2nd module: when placed will always enable Teleport To Team - usefull for training missions

- modified the SF dependent code to be more flexible: any unit who's name starts with sf.. is considered SF (so now even SF20 is considered SF. (and same for UnderCover: any unit who's name starts with UC..)

- included option to have HALO start location based on sync to MCC SF module rather then being dependent on only name.

- Headless Client support: zones, UPSMON, 3d editor, FPS display

- Finally found a way to completely get rid of nearly all the STR_DOC error messages in the rpt

- MCC GUI shows feedback current mission date and time

- MCC GUI shows feedback current viewdstance

@GiorgyGR No, MCC mission is no longer supported.

So I downloaded the latest version and when attempting to use it on my dedicated server it sent back access denied upon all features. (Was logged in Admin & I actually hit the login button as you should)

So what I was wondering is if you need any lines added into the mission sqf file or so to actually use it?

Thank you very much for a great mod shay.

Cheers Ollem!

And thx for the update. Load/Save is working again.

Regarding the headless client. We just got the new server for the hc. Do i have to set up something special to use the hc with mcc?

So I downloaded the latest version and when attempting to use it on my dedicated server it sent back access denied upon all features. (Was logged in Admin & I actually hit the login button as you should)

So what I was wondering is if you need any lines added into the mission sqf file or so to actually use it?

Does the mod runs also on the server ?

I've seen auto logout happen as well on a few occasions, but haven't been able to determine the cause yet.

However, if you logout (close MCC), re-open and login again it should work again - at least for me it did.

Can anyone explain to me how to get the MCC triggers added to the radio or whatever? in the manual it says You can bind triggers to radio buttons (press 0, then 0 again to open the radio menu in game) you will see the triggers name there on the list., but i can not seem to figure out how to add it to the radio. also is there a tutorial about the triggers that explains more than just the basics? like id like to have it attach to a single ai and if that ai dies(like hostage/VIP) then the trigger is activated. If thats not possible then atleast help me get the radio controlled triggers to work.

Can anyone explain to me how to get the MCC triggers added to the radio or whatever? in the manual it says You can bind triggers to radio buttons (press 0, then 0 again to open the radio menu in game) you will see the triggers name there on the list., but i can not seem to figure out how to add it to the radio. also is there a tutorial about the triggers that explains more than just the basics? like id like to have it attach to a single ai and if that ai dies(like hostage/VIP) then the trigger is activated. If thats not possible then atleast help me get the radio controlled triggers to work.

Radio Triggers:

1. Condition: The Radio Trigger are Alpha - Juliet | For example choose alpha ;)

2. Activation: Doesn´t matter | Use default

3. Size: Doesn´t matter | Use default

4. Angle and Shape | Doesn´t really matter too ;)

5. Text | Name your Trigger for example "test"

6. Press "Generate"

7. Everything youll spawn now will be captured | For exmaple create any Zone and spawn a group in it

8. Press "Stop capturing"

9. Press 0 and 0, you will find your trigger "test" and you just need to activate it by pressing the number :-)

Radio Triggers:

1. Condition: The Radio Trigger are Alpha - Juliet | For example choose alpha ;)

2. Activation: Doesn´t matter | Use default

3. Size: Doesn´t matter | Use default

4. Angle and Shape | Doesn´t really matter too ;)

5. Text | Name your Trigger for example "test"

6. Press "Generate"

7. Everything youll spawn now will be captured | For exmaple create any Zone and spawn a group in it

8. Press "Stop capturing"

9. Press 0 and 0, you will find your trigger "test" and you just need to activate it by pressing the number :-)

awesome. thank you so much Jackson, you seem to know more about thi9s than i do so let me ask you one more question... How do i use the other conditions? I understand the EAST, WEST, GUR, CIV, and the Alpha--Juliet now but dont understand the others or how to best use them. can you explain those as well?

oh wow thx, iv been searching everywhere for this but i never thought to look in the main atrma 2 stuff. thought this was mcc specific lol. thanks again....

I'm impressed! Just curious if someone got MCC Sandbox implemented and working in the Wasteland Mission?

The MCC trigger generator cant be set to execute a script can it? I tried creating one then entering a command while in capture mode but it just executed the command and didnt save to the capture.

The MCC trigger generator cant be set to execute a script can it? I tried creating one then entering a command while in capture mode but it just executed the command and didnt save to the capture.

Yes atm you can't execute scripts via MCC's triggers maybe in ArmA 3

I have implemented MCC_sandbox on our little Wasteland.Chernarus-server and everyone is lovin' the custom missions we manage to create with MCC_sandbox! A BIG thanks to the developers!! Arma 2 CO already is a great game, but this addon completes it for us! (As an oldschool gamer since 1985 I haven't as much fun doing simulations like these! The Desert Combat Mod in BF1942 was fun, but this is fantastic with endless possibilities!)

Without ACE

We run this without ACE (unfortunaly) due to the conflicts with the expanded Wasteland-mission itself. I hope to fix this sometime in the near future, so we can make use of all the possibilities MCC_sandbox has to offer.

Arming the civilians?

Wasteland is populated by 3 playable sides (BluFOR (West), OpFOR (East) and Independent(Guerrila)(=GroupCOOP or FFA)) and 1 AI-side (Civilian, which is hostile to all playable factions.) I am considering restricting the playable sides to OpFOR and Independent, so I can use BluFOR as hostile AI to its full potential. Civilians are not armed nor have many utilities to confront the player factions like BluFOR has! If I oversee an option in which I can arm and motorize Civilians with MCC_sandbox, please let me know!

Restricted access

Since our server is not restricted to some friends or clanmembers for example and open for every Wasteland-fanatic, a lot of visitors do not have MCC_sandbox installed (or CBA for that matter..) Therefore I cannot implement the MCC Access Rights module, since it would require everyone to run MCC_sandbox clientside and many players wont join the server because of that (until they actually get to know how great this addon is.)

On the other hand, the players that have MCC_sandbox installed clientside, get access to the tool if none of us is logged in already. They can abuse and create havoc on the server with this addon, which we want to avoid at all cost!

Now i have been reading through this entire thread from page 1 to last and I came across some questions and answers :

Is it possible to take the text file that is created by the editor and use it in a actual mission. As in, can I compile the script into the map so people that dont have the mod can play it with or without me? If so that would be awesome!
MCC need to run on all the clients and the server. It's not a client side addon
Then how come when the server was running MCC without the Accele Players without it could get in and play

Is there absolutely no way to restrict access without having to insert the MCC Access Rights module? (which would require every client to install the mod clientside.) I am certainly not an expert, but I am looking for means inside the " init_moduleAcess.sqf " which I open up by unPBO-ing the " mcc_sandbox_mod.pbo ".

Best regards, Slammin

//******************************************************************************************

//==========================================================================================

//= Shay-Gman

//= 24.12.2011

//==========================================================================================

//******************************************************************************************

private ["_logic","_names","_namesList","_synced","_mccOn"];

_logic = _this select 0;

_namesList = [];

_mccOn = false;

_logic setpos [1000,10,0];

[mcc_actionInedx] call CBA_fnc_removePlayerAction; //remove previously added action

if (isnil {_logic getvariable "names"}) then {_names = false} else { //who autohrized to access the module

_names = true;

_namesList = _logic getvariable "names"

};

_logic setvariable ["names",_namesList,true];

_synced = synchronizedobjects _logic; //Who synced with the module

if (_names || (count _synced > 0)) then { //We have autorized personal only

if ((name player in _namesList) || (player in _synced) || (serverCommandAvailable "#logout"))then {

mcc_actionInedx = [['> Mission generator', '\mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\dialogs\mcc_PopupMenu.sqf', [], 0, false, false, 'teamSwitch' ]] call CBA_fnc_addPlayerAction;

_mccOn = true;

};

};

while {true} do { //Case Admin DC

sleep 5;

if((serverCommandAvailable "#logout") && !_mccOn) then {

mcc_actionInedx = [['> Mission generator', '\mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\dialogs\mcc_PopupMenu.sqf', [], 0, false, false, 'teamSwitch' ]] call CBA_fnc_addPlayerAction;

_mccOn = true;

};

};

@Slammin

God that was a long post to read. Glad you like MCC. About restricting: just go to the init file and before the addaction thingy add some "if". Like if "if (playerName) ==""

Estimated time of conversion to Arma 3? :D

ArmA 3?! what is ArmA3?!

@Slammin

God that was a long post to read. Glad you like MCC. About restricting: just go to the init file and before the addaction thingy add some "if". Like if "if (playerName) ==""

ArmA 3?! what is ArmA3?!

No MCC for A3? :(