shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

Two quick NOOB questions here:

(And yes, I know I need to read up on this more and look at the vids)

1. Does the Editor need to be up and running or does this do that for me?

2. After creating an SP mission, does each and every player need to download and run this MOD to play the missions I create using it?

Thx!

1... Easiest thing to do (for me, at least) is just place a bunch of playable characters with the appropriate modules and any other materiel you want available and save it as a multiplayer mission. Use something like PBOView to package a description.ext with the mission.sqm so that you can have respawn capability. Look at the MCC readme pdf, you'll get the idea. I did it without any help just by using the tools (PBOView) available to me.

2... Not sure about that but everyone I play with has MCC installed as a mod and we have no issues. They don't "need" the mission as it will be downloaded to them when they connect to your server.

Is anyone else getting the issue (in single player atleast) were Parachute Aircraft don't have a pilot (both in the cockpit not incontrol of the plane) and it just goes to a nose dive into the ground?

Could it please be possible to make a script version for this to put in a domination map or something? Instead of having it as a mod so everyone needs to download it. Makes things faster and easier for new comers. Thanks in advance.

MCC moved from original script version to its current addon version. I am founder of the original scripting version of MCC but i do think we are better off in general with the addon thingy from Shay. But to answer your question: i doubt it will be back to script version, but its not so hard to unpack the addon and use the scripting version into something like domination.

So domincation devs or self working dudes can pretty much adopt the MCC into scripting parts. In fact, you could also take older versions of MCC and bring it into domination. Good luck!

I want to use mcc_sandbox as a replacement of the good old Six Battle Center missions. How can I do that?

Is there a way to properly create a mission to support mcc_sandbox?

I tried but the problem of handling respawn in particular is hard to solve. I get people spawning 100m in air when they JIP or respawn... :/

Big THX

This is best addon for those like me ho like to spend most time in editor. It needs some polishing but all in all it works fine.

I think i have find a bug. I am using last mod v9 version

When ever i get in group creator (don't quote me) make a group, exit and after wont to bring console again it opens group creator and i cant get the console

appear again no mater what it just opens group creator again and again.

---------- Post added at 05:11 ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 ----------

Yep same here, but it does it period which is quite frustrating and makes it pretty well pointless.

I can't search any more......

When I go through the steps to spawn a AH64/ULB combo, the Apache has hellfires when I am placing it in the 3D editor but they turn into racks of Sidewinders when I actually spawn it. What am I screwing up?

ARMA/OA/ACE(via 6)... everything is the latest release.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

["uav", [[11608.5,3393.31,-5.6092], any, 10]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;

Case 10 is the AH64D_EP1l.

Do you use some replacment pack? The AH64's class that is spawned is the AH64D_EP1l

Hello team.

I use mccsandbox on my server and love it very much but I need to know where I can get a sandbox mission file like the old scripted version of mccsandbox?

So I can have a way to create a mission from scratch on the fly.

I can publish my MCC template mission it's basicly just a bounch of playble slots based on F2 framework, every mission we pick the poisition we need for the mission.

Well that is totally lame :( I just want the objects I have placed.

You can use RTE or the build in ArmA's 3D editor for exporting complex objects to SQF

Two quick NOOB questions here:

(And yes, I know I need to read up on this more and look at the vids)

1. Does the Editor need to be up and running or does this do that for me?

2. After creating an SP mission, does each and every player need to download and run this MOD to play the missions I create using it?

Thx!

Yes MCC should run on all clients.

Could it please be possible to make a script version for this to put in a domination map or something? Instead of having it as a mod so everyone needs to download it. Makes things faster and easier for new comers. Thanks in advance.

As Spirit replied, not atm too much to handle.

Yep same here, but it does it period which is quite frustrating and makes it pretty well pointless.

I'll fix the group generator thingy for next release. So post your bug reports and wish lists here.

Just that fixed, but it'd be nice to have some sort of "shop" where i can add stuff from the 3d editor into it and give it a price and put something down for people to buy from etc etc, maybe even put prices on things for when they get killed/destroyed, a proper system like that would be epic and likely more than you're willing to handle. About it really, pretty damn happy with this thing and not much left to add to it I think, more expansive re-spawning options maybe. Ability to change coloration, since there are many modes available to Arma for that, some more zone options, the patrol zone is also a bit buggy on some maps not allowing you to make the WP's. Also you cannot change a zone once made, you can edit size etc...but not type of zone. Also if you die while using 3deditor or spectate sometimes you can't ever get back to your character. all I can think of.

I can publish my MCC template mission it's basicly just a bounch of playble slots based on F2 framework, every mission we pick the poisition we need for the mission.

Yey! Thank you! That's just what I needed for my everyday games.

Where should I get it?

the patrol zone is also a bit buggy on some maps not allowing you to make the WP's. Also you cannot change a zone once made, you can edit size etc...but not type of zone.

On which map(s) the WP issues occurs? (some specific map coordinates to try to reproduce would be helpful in order to try to solve..)

Not being able to change the zone type is 'works as designed'.... unfortunately.

It's rather complex (if possible at all) to change from e.g. respawn to patrol.

Any specific need for this?

(I do expect in most cases a suitable simple workaround can be used. ?)

On which map(s) the WP issues occurs? (some specific map coordinates to try to reproduce would be helpful in order to try to solve..)

Not being able to change the zone type is 'works as designed'.... unfortunately.

It's rather complex (if possible at all) to change from e.g. respawn to patrol.

Any specific need for this?

(I do expect in most cases a suitable simple workaround can be used. ?)

The need to swap zones is minor, maybe simply adding more total zones is a perfectly acceptable solution for now, or perhaps the ability to completely delete it? As for where the issue occurs, not entirely sure, i have 27 islands or something like that, hard to remember! I'll see if I notice again soon, it may just be bugging with VTS which i still need for -some- functions, mainly WP functions, shop, respawn, mission starting parameters and the glorious LGB script.

That would be nice :)

perhaps the ability to completely delete it?

To delete a zone you would first need to delete the associated AI: UPSMON uses the zones to set waypoints for the AI, so you can't just remove it.

As a workaround AI can be deleted using the delete option on tab4.

Then you could shrink the zone to 10x10 and move it to the edge of the map...

No addons that I am "aware" of aside from OA, PMC, ACR, ACE/CBA, MCC, RTE and some AI enhancements.

The mission version works just fine (1.6.1).

In the @mod version, the Apache looks like a hellfire model while moving it around but becomes an aim9 model once placed.

When just spawning an empty Apache, it is the correct hellfire model. Heck, I can't even find a class list object to match an AH-64 with AIM9 load out.

Here it is BEFORE I hit the space bar to place it....

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz268/lawndartleo/ULB_PRE.jpg (254 kB)

Here it is AFTER I hit the space bar and it is part of the 3D world...

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz268/lawndartleo/ULB_POST.jpg (251 kB)

Edited by lawndartleo

Well, I found part of the issue...

create_uav_site.sqf

case 10: //AH64D
       {    
       _dummy = "[u][i][b]AH64D_Sidewinders[/b][/i][/u]" createvehicle _pos;
       _grp = creategroup west; 
       _lbpos = getmarkerpos "pos8"; 
       _pilot = _grp createUnit ["US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];
       AHuav= createVehicle ["AH6X_EP1",[_lbpos select 0, _lbpos select 1,50], [], 0, "FLY"];
       _pilot assignAsDriver AHuav;
       _pilot moveindriver AHuav;
       _pilot disableAI "AUTOTARGET"; 
       _pilot disableAI "TARGET" ; 
       _pilot flyinheight 150 ;
       _grp setCombatMode "BLUE";
       _grp setBehaviour "careless";
       _dummy addeventhandler ["GetIn",{BIS_ULB synchronizeObjectsRemove (synchronizedObjects BIS_ULB);BIS_ULB synchronizeObjectsAdd [_this select 0, AHuav];}];
       };

... so I changed to ...

case 10: //AH64D
       {    
       _dummy = "AH64D_EP1" createvehicle _pos;
       _grp = creategroup west; 
       _lbpos = getmarkerpos "pos8"; 
       _pilot = _grp createUnit ["US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];
       AHuav= createVehicle ["AH6X_EP1",[_lbpos select 0, _lbpos select 1,50], [], 0, "FLY"];
       _pilot assignAsDriver AHuav;
       _pilot moveindriver AHuav;
       _pilot disableAI "AUTOTARGET"; 
       _pilot disableAI "TARGET" ; 
       _pilot flyinheight 150 ;
       _grp setCombatMode "BLUE";
       _grp setBehaviour "careless";
       _dummy addeventhandler ["GetIn",{BIS_ULB synchronizeObjectsRemove (synchronizedObjects BIS_ULB);BIS_ULB synchronizeObjectsAdd [_this select 0, AHuav];}];
       };

... but that seems to have broken the ULB link as ULB is no longer a dialogue option. I really dont understand why because ...

... should not be affected by simply changing _dummy.

Edited by lawndartleo

Apparently resolved. Did some cleanup of spaces and tabs, scrubbed it through a line by line comparison with Excel, rePBO'd and all is well. Now the question is how to get it keyed properly and released over SIX.... Hope you're reading this, Shay! I'll be quite happy to send you the modified PBO for your review. No changes to any other files except the .SQF referenced above.

One small change request. The ULB start location of pos8, where ever that is defined.... How about spawning it closer to the Apache?

Edited by lawndartleo

I really love this mod. It makes the game a lot better. But there are still 2 things I dont like and I thought if I would've say them in this threat someone might fix it. :)

the first thing is the way choppers land. it's not realistic and doesn't look good. it laggs, and the normaal way of landing from arma 2 would be better. (IMO)

the 2nd thing is that I miss the function which you can use to insert and extract AI groups by vehicles. I was hoping the add-on maker(s) could figure something out that would cover that. :)

But again, thanks for this amazing mod, it really let me enjoy the game more.

Hello,

After long absent from ArmA universe i'm finally back.

Here is a new update and the change log: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22368874/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Thanks Lawn Dart - I took care of it.

and ItsThomas you can always pick at the extraction Free Landing as this will use ArmA II AI landing. The precise is usually for landing on rooftops and places hard to reach. Regarding extracting by vehicles you can always use the group generator you can control any AI on battlefield using it. But if you got some other ideas please share them with us, and we'll see what can be done.

MCC mod r.10 change log:

Group Generator:

- Mission maker stuck on Group's Generator screen sometimes.

- Markers are no longer visible for others then the mission maker.

HALO & Paratroop:

- Players will no longer stuck on parachuting animation once on the ground.

- Player will no longer take damage on SF HALO once teleported to the plane.

Artillery:

- Added to Mission maker console DPICM and Laser guided bombs.

- Fixed Bon artillery from MCC handheld console wasn't working on dedicated servers.

Convoy:

- Fixed spawning convoy with an HVT wasn't working.

- Optimized the convoy script to have much higher success rate.

ULB:

- Fixed spawning Hellfire AH-64 instead of the Sidewinders version.

General:

- Fixed the error appear once a zone was created or updated in any other menu then the first.

MCC mod r.9 change log:

- Fixed concoy won't shoot

- Convoy behavior changed, less failure chance

- Added: support for RH M4 weapons in silencer script

You rock!... And everyone else with a hand in MCC. Hope I was helpful and not a PITA.

MCC has allowed me to host up low server populations of Domi!2 with a fighting chance. It's a great tool for leveling the playing field when you are under gunned on mouse pushers.

I did notice that when installed as a local mod using SIX that it still says version 9. Maybe that is just SIX fetching the old version information from the mod list. I just run SIX and deny updates and the current version is running. Game notification at the main UI says v1.1 and it works as advertised. Do you plan on making this mod updateable with SIX or is that a real hassle?

Hi,

will there be a fix in mcc for the load-problem in MP with the new beta ?

[97106] Changed: copyFromClipboard now does nothing in MP, copyToClipboard does nothing in MP on clients.

MCC will no longer load missions on deticated from clipboard

Hi,

will there be a fix in mcc for the load-problem in MP with the new beta ?

[97106] Changed: copyFromClipboard now does nothing in MP, copyToClipboard does nothing in MP on clients.

MCC will no longer load missions on deticated from clipboard

Isnt that the world upside down? Its a beta bug in my opinion. Vote here: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/51253

As i understand a Dayz security fix that influences more then it corrects. Where i come from the majority wins from the minority, i was hoping to see the same in arma.

** edited***

Edited by spirit6

Greetings,

I've spanned most 40 pages and found very little mention of SP capability.

I'm very much interested in using this for making SP missions, but I would not want the player to require the mod itself, just to play a single mission with a few objectives.

Is there a way to get MCC going for SP mission making then disable it? Of course, MCC would get full credits in the first post of the thread and ReadMe.

Thx!