shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

Hi shay_gman,

long time no see... Hope you are all good at MARSOC...

As I see this Mod based MCC must be the major surprise change you have been talking about last time... Good work, keep it up!

This leads me to a number of questions I have regarding the new design of MCC... I am still caught in the mission based thinking and try to use it as a mod now.

I only found the description.ext based restrictions to use the MCC mod in a mission. What about other modules like Function Manager, do I need it in a mission?

Had strange behaviours using some ACE modules like respawn with same gear for example.

To keep it short and simple: What modules do you use in the missions to have it working like the mission based MCC? Could you provide one of the units-only maps you are using now, like in the good old times?

Do you have any kind of example template for a dynamic map to make use of all the features provided by MCC?

I tried to read over this thread to find some information but I must say it is quite big and did not help me, actually.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Iron Eddie

PS: There seems to be an issue with JIP players... Some did not get the Spectator running after getting fragged, just Seagulled. I guess it is related to my unknowings described above.

Edited by IronEddie

Hello IronEddie,

Nice to see you mate.

You don't need to put the function or the ACE respawn, as MCC spawns the function module and there is a save gear script while respawning.

But I will probably just delete the save gear script to make it more flexibale.

If you want respawn to work you should make a description.exe file in you mission file with respawn = BASE.

If you want the spectator script to fire you need to disable respawn from menu 1.

Hey Shay_gman,

By Fake IEDs i meant Fake Explosion Type.

Also, I've only seen Restriction by Name and Role, which is troubling for Public play, and my question is if there's a way to restrict it by Player ID Or something of sort? didnt find the Admin restriction by the way.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Also, i'll appreciate baby-steps on how to restrict it by Player ID / Admins only.

Hello IronEddie,

But I will probably just delete the save gear script to make it more flexibale.

Thx, for quick reply... I think the savegear is OK, just problems if you get it doubled up all the time when not knowing how to use it ;-)

Hey Shay_gman,

By Fake IEDs i meant Fake Explosion Type.

Also, I've only seen Restriction by Name and Role, which is troubling for Public play, and my question is if there's a way to restrict it by Player ID Or something of sort? didnt find the Admin restriction by the way.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Also, i'll appreciate baby-steps on how to restrict it by Player ID / Admins only.

Baby steps:

1. Place the MCC Access module = only the server admin will have access.

2. Place the MCC Access module and sync it with other units = only the admin and players playing as the synced units will have access.

3. Place the MCC Access module and put in the init this

setvariable ["names",["player1","player2"]];
= only players with names equals to the names inside and the admin will have access

I've done Option 1. Putting MCC ACcess Module on a Private Hosted server from my computer, and it failed to open it up for me (Just a heads up)

Shay_gman, i've got abit of a problem with the MCC.

aslong as it runs without Access module the players DO-NOT Have to run MCC.

Although, if Access Right is on the server, People without MCC Cannot enter the server.

is there a way to fix it?

thanks.

I've done Option 1. Putting MCC ACcess Module on a Private Hosted server from my computer, and it failed to open it up for me (Just a heads up)

You still need to log in as admin

Shay_gman, i've got abit of a problem with the MCC.

aslong as it runs without Access module the players DO-NOT Have to run MCC.

Although, if Access Right is on the server, People without MCC Cannot enter the server.

is there a way to fix it?

thanks.

MCC need to run on all the clients and the server. It's not a client side addon

MCC need to run on all the clients and the server. It's not a client side addon

Then how come when the server was running MCC without the Access Module Players without it could get in and play regularly?

Hey shay_gman,

First off, I've been using your mod version of MCC since it came out and it's fantastic, has made playing arma with friends SO much better. It's easily one of the first things I install on my server when I set one up every so often. One thing I have noticed though is the IED section doesn't seem to be working, I'm not sure for how long it's been like this but certainly for months (atleast for me.) To clarify I'm specifically referring to the methods for detonating them, neither proximity or radio seem to work regardless of how I set them up. I'm not sure if it's something wrong I'm doing on my end, but I've made a quick video to demonstrate the way I go about it.

If I'm doing something wrong or leaving something out please point it out, thanks in advance.

hello Shay

I 've got a problem with your great MCC SANDBOX mod, especially with the hostage fonction: can't "fix" the hostage in the map ; MCC say "hostage inbound" but there is no hostage on the map idem when I use the 3d editor press space bar do nothing the hostage disappear. doing a suicidal bomber doesn't work all is ok but I can't create the man ( IED works perfectly)

thank for help. i can't solve the problem

EDIT: Problem Fixed.

This may sound horridly asinine but, for some reason after doing a wipe of my hard rive and attempting to re install this add on, I can't seem to get it to work. No matter what I've tried. I've tried it manually and with six updater yet neither option works. If anyone could offer so helpful insight it would be greatly appreciated. Even a video tutorial would suffice. Though I find it worth nothing that the first time I installed it, I did so manually and it worked fine. Not sure what I keep messing up.

Edited by Daoud

Hi Shay

our clan would like to use the MCC tool. We tested it for serval times with ACE Mods and ACRE. Can you explain why the players get for every repawn an aditional ACRE radio. When a player had 10 respawns he got 10 ACRE Radios in his inventory. Do you have some tips for the mission maker? Or is it a MCC bug?

cu

Mondreiter

Hi Shay;

Are you going to update the script version? Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the 35+ pages but my unit uses the script version as we've done some 'script' mix and matching to allow us to do things like GPS show up for drivers of APC's (we don't use 3rd person so our drivers couldn't see the GPS map, now they can) and other tweaks - and when we tried the mod version we had major issues because we had conflicts with our description and init files. Any chance we'll see the old script version again?

Thanks

The creation of zones seems to be broken after the recent patch

nvm seems to have fixed itself

Edited by Fragmagnet

Is it possible to take the text file that is created by the editor and use it in a actual mission. As in, can I compile the script into the map so people that dont have the mod can play it with or without me? If so that would be awesome!

Big THX

This is best addon for those like me ho like to spend most time in editor. It needs some polishing but all in all it works fine.

I think i have find a bug. I am using last mod v9 version with this addons:

@CBA -@CBA_A2 -@CBA_OA -@ACE -@ACEX -@ACEX_RU -@ACEX_SM -@ACEX_USNavy -@BWMod -@bw_compilation -@mcc_sandbox -@mobile_proving_ground

When ever i get in group creator (don't quote me) make a group, exit and after wont to bring console again it opens group creator and i cant get the console

appear again no mater what it just opens group creator again and again. Mine guess is it is conflict with BWMods coz i have use it on just ace with no problems.

---------- Post added at 05:11 ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 ----------

Is it possible to take the text file that is created by the editor and use it in a actual mission. As in, can I compile the script into the map so people that don't have the mod can play it with or without me? If so that would be awesome!

I think you are asking is it possible to save created mission in mission.sqf file and not use sandbox save and load. I would like to know same thing.

Not possible. The MCC output is nothing like sqf. MCC does have an interface to Real Time Editor, which is the closest thing to a live 3D editor that can be saved as sqf.

Hello guys sorry for the long absent i'll be getting back to work on MCC, thanks for your support.

I can't search any more......

When I go through the steps to spawn a AH64/ULB combo, the Apache has hellfires when I am placing it in the 3D editor but they turn into racks of Sidewinders when I actually spawn it. What am I screwing up?

ARMA/OA/ACE(via 6)... everything is the latest release.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

["uav", [[11608.5,3393.31,-5.6092], any, 10]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;

Case 10 is the AH64D_EP1l.

Edited by lawndartleo

Hello team.

I use mccsandbox on my server and love it very much but I need to know where I can get a sandbox mission file like the old scripted version of mccsandbox?

So I can have a way to create a mission from scratch on the fly.

A fully script version would be wonderful - yes it is going to make missions bigger but so what :)

Not possible. The MCC output is nothing like sqf. MCC does have an interface to Real Time Editor, which is the closest thing to a live 3D editor that can be saved as sqf.

Well that is totally lame :( I just want the objects I have placed.

Could it please be possible to make a script version for this to put in a domination map or something? Instead of having it as a mod so everyone needs to download it. Makes things faster and easier for new comers. Thanks in advance.