shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

I´ve noticed that the convoy u can create don´t shoot on enemies at all. They seem to be in wrong fire mode.

+1,I have the same problem.

does anybody know how to spawn backpacks/bags with MCC and no I dont mean rucks from ACE(I dont use ACE) I mean the bags that Operation Arrowhead brought.

Never thought about it, as I don't play vanila usually. I'll check the config files of the BI's bags and try adding them to the box genrator or the 3d editor.

I´ve noticed that the convoy u can create don´t shoot on enemies at all. They seem to be in wrong fire mode.

-----------------------

It would be also good idea in my mind that if u just load @mcc_sandbox then u need to place an init module to enable MCC in the mission. But if u load @mcc_sandbox and @mcc_sandbox_xeh then it will be always enabled in a mission. Just like it´s done with Mando Missile.

The convoy is on push through they will not try to engage, they will try to push through the ambushe. However if the vehicle is disabled or the HVT vehicle is disabled they should stop and engage. But the gunners should engage even in push through, i'll work on the convoy behavior for next release. Maybe add some new features, so keep posting your ideas.

About MCC normally on or normally off. Your idea is nice although I wouldn't want to split it into 2 mods, because adding another mod to enable it is equal to removing the mod to disable it :). So I can't find the point.

At the end I decided to keep it normally on. Worst case, if you didn't put the Access module, one of the admins just log into MCC and do nothing, no harm can come from it.

The convoy is on push through they will not try to engage, they will try to push through the ambushe. However if the vehicle is disabled or the HVT vehicle is disabled they should stop and engage. But the gunners should engage even in push through, i'll work on the convoy behavior for next release. Maybe add some new features, so keep posting your ideas.

I´ve looked into the convoy scripts and i saw that the combat mode for the convoy is "Never fire".

This seems to be the reason why they don´t shoot at all for me.

Ref. the always on thing, to be honest I'd prefer it off by default, with the option to active MCC by putting a module down in the editor, rather than the opposite 'off by exclusion' method now. I can never be sure MCC isn't causing script conflicts when it's running, and it's adding a lot of script overhead to my precious script schedule on intensive missions, even if I do nothing more than sign in to prevent abuse. It's also yet another line filling up my already busy action menu.

At the moment we have it in a separate addon folder in our repo so it's not used by default, but that means everytime we want to use it we need to tell the whole platoon to add it to the command line, with inevitable issues when some people get it wrong.

"Never thought about it, as I don't play vanila usually. I'll check the config files of the BI's bags and try adding them to the box genrator or the 3d editor."

Thanks ALOT MAN I love the OA backpacks, ive used ACE in the past and even in A1 and im just not impressed anymore so I enjoy vanilla more(to each his own).

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

and one more bug I noticed was the High command portion doesnt work properly in singleplayer. it works fine in MP but not in SP not sure why. its hands down one of my favorite features but sad it doensnt work in SP. so in waiting of a fix ive been using the "high command extensions script" which works the same but not as cool as MCC of course. and BTW the high command has some really cool features that would do well in your mod such as the teamswitch setting features. he mad some were after you have switched to another AI unit and switched back you can reset the AI config back so he/she isnt stuck without control(old teamswitch bug). also their are commands in it to make specific unit teamswitchable which is awesome. id ask him for persmission to use his work in your mod I think it would an epic addition to your work(link-http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14961)

I´ve looked into the convoy scripts and i saw that the combat mode for the convoy is "Never fire".

This seems to be the reason why they don´t shoot at all for me.

It most likely the problem. I checked it out last night and I see the same behavior as you described. I'm planning to revise the convoy behavior as ATM the AI fail to drive in a column sometimes.

Ref. the always on thing, to be honest I'd prefer it off by default, with the option to active MCC by putting a module down in the editor, rather than the opposite 'off by exclusion' method now. I can never be sure MCC isn't causing script conflicts when it's running, and it's adding a lot of script overhead to my precious script schedule on intensive missions, even if I do nothing more than sign in to prevent abuse. It's also yet another line filling up my already busy action menu.

At the moment we have it in a separate addon folder in our repo so it's not used by default, but that means every time we want to use it we need to tell the whole platoon to add it to the command line, with inevitable issues when some people get it wrong.

Hi Friznit, well MCC run only few scripts in the init file while launched. So that is a small portion to pay for the benefits its brings. I personally believe that for me at this point playing without MCC and a decent framework (Such as F2, ShackTac exc.) is almost impossible while playing in a clan. The dynamic environment required the admins/mission maker to have the option to keep the mission up and running I can count various examples such as: The player who supposed to be the pickup pilot DC, a trigger didn't fire, the player carrying the AT DC, 5 more players joined the middle of the session, critical gear has been lost or not spawned, and many more… the dynamic environment of a community required a dynamic tool to handle it, I didn't invented dynamic mission creating or MCC, my gaming experience was born into it playing with various clans over the years playing ArmA. Over the years I saw the opposite trend that instead of playing on a dynamic missions (VTS, MCC, Battlespace exc.) the dynamic missions become the framework for any other mission, making any mission dynamic, but doing so required a lot of scripting to build a mission on top of this great missions.

I can agree that a dynamic mission that was built in 5 minutes prior to the mission start can't be as good as a mission built and tested for several hours on the 2D editor. Although I too often see the other way around. But with this addon you don't have to make this comparing no more, you can just build the mission around MCC, saving a lot of time building it as a lot of the features can be used from MCC.

At the end I believe that dynamic missions aren't fit for everyone, it's a way of game that some likes and some not.

"Never thought about it, as I don't play vanila usually. I'll check the config files of the BI's bags and try adding them to the box genrator or the 3d editor."

Thanks ALOT MAN I love the OA backpacks, ive used ACE in the past and even in A1 and im just not impressed anymore so I enjoy vanilla more(to each his own).

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

and one more bug I noticed was the High command portion doesnt work properly in singleplayer. it works fine in MP but not in SP not sure why. its hands down one of my favorite features but sad it doensnt work in SP. so in waiting of a fix ive been using the "high command extensions script" which works the same but not as cool as MCC of course. and BTW the high command has some really cool features that would do well in your mod such as the teamswitch setting features. he mad some were after you have switched to another AI unit and switched back you can reset the AI config back so he/she isnt stuck without control(old teamswitch bug). also their are commands in it to make specific unit teamswitchable which is awesome. id ask him for persmission to use his work in your mod I think it would an epic addition to your work(link-http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14961)

Well another thing I don't do is playing SP ïŠ but I will look at the thread and I'll try to fix the SP issue. Thanks for the update.

ïŠ

@Shay_Man,

About the convoy, you'd better setwaypointCombatMode "YELLOW" and setWaypointFormation "COLUMN";

Another glitch is the ULB, you used the "AH64_Sidewinder" instead of "AH64D_EP1", so the spawned Apache equiped with only AA missile, we need it equiped with AT hellfire missiles, suggest you tweak it in next update.

Is it possible to smoehow convert a mission that's set-up with MCC to work without MCC?

Nope.

Hello,

I've installed CCB_sandbox and CBA, now I got this error:

Addon 'mcc_sandbox' requires addon 'cba_main'.

Where do I need to put my CBA main to?

Hello,

I've installed CCB_sandbox and CBA, now I got this error:

Addon 'mcc_sandbox' requires addon 'cba_main'.

Where do I need to put my CBA main to?

I'll recommand you using Six upadter or follow the instractions here: http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Nice to see that the convoy will shoot now.

Keep up the good work! :)

Fantastic! Thanks for fixing that smoke evac bug a version back as well :)

shay_gman, Thanks for this great tool and for fixing the convoy shooting problem :)

I'm having a problem with the convoy reset, typically when a convoy finishes all four waypoints the lead vehicle just goes to the back of the convoy column and the convoy then pretty much is irresponsive to the reset waypoints.

I have OA 1.6+ACE+ACEX and tested it without any other addons....

Regards,

Getting a weird issuse at the moment - any units I spawn in a zone lose all their weapons and immediately surrender. Could it be an ACE/CBA/ASR_AI related conflict?

I got abit of a problem where Fake IEDs doesnt explode, not by Proximity or Mission generator click.

I got abit of a problem where Fake IEDs doesnt explode, not by Proximity or Mission generator click.

Same here. Fake and real ied´s won´t explode. Got the problem that i can drive over the ied and sometimes my humvee get repaired .....

Also, i wanted to ask if you could Restrict MCC by other methods other then name, as people get onto it real quick. (Maybe Player ID?)

Hey guys , just a few bug i found:

Hijack feature works but is strangely bugged. When i hijack a unit and go back to my player, the unit stays in the 'player' tab and i cannot hijak it again.

First of all thanks for your reply, been busy lately.

OA backpacks and High command fix?

Not yet.

shay_gman, Thanks for this great tool and for fixing the convoy shooting problem :)

I'm having a problem with the convoy reset, typically when a convoy finishes all four waypoints the lead vehicle just goes to the back of the convoy column and the convoy then pretty much is irresponsive to the reset waypoints.

I have OA 1.6+ACE+ACEX and tested it without any other addons....

Regards,

Strange the convoy ordered to move in column. I'll check that.

Getting a weird issuse at the moment - any units I spawn in a zone lose all their weapons and immediately surrender. Could it be an ACE/CBA/ASR_AI related conflict?

Most likely ASR_AI don't know how to handle with mid mission's spawns.

What do you mean by fake, fake explosion effect or the BAD IEDs?

Also, i wanted to ask if you could Restrict MCC by other methods other then name, as people get onto it real quick. (Maybe Player ID?)

Read the manual. There are 3 ways to restrict MCC: By player name, role or admins only.

Hey guys , just a few bug i found:

Hijack feature works but is strangely bugged. When i hijack a unit and go back to my player, the unit stays in the 'player' tab and i cannot hijak it again.

Will take a look on that.