shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

Shay,

It would seem from your video that you have done a new layout and interface, but I am still seeing the old one.

I tried updating through 3 different sources to ensure I had the latest version but all seem the same.

Shay,

It would seem from your video that you have done a new layout and interface, but I am still seeing the old one.

I tried updating through 3 different sources to ensure I had the latest version but all seem the same.

It's not a new layout, it's a new console.

The MCC Console is a handheld portable computer used to support the troops' commander on the field. Inspired by Elbit's C2 PDA, I've built the MCC Console.

You can find more info on that here: http://www.w54.biz/showthread.php?978-Ruggedised-Computers-PDA-s-ect&p=10604&viewfull=1#post10604

The console will function as a GPS, will give you a minimap (for clans that play without map) and will let the commander call the evac chopper, air support assets, artillery and even take control of a UAV to get a bird eye view on the battlefield. All of course is controlled by the mission maker. The mission maker can give the person holding the MCC Console limited access to those assets and after the asset is used it won't be available again till the mission maker decide it will.

In order to access the MCC console you can add it as an item from the build in MCC's box generator. The MCC Sandbox will be found under the items section.

Or you can just out this to the unit init:

this addweapon "MCC_Console"

Ah,

Sorry I thought it was a new layout for the interface, now I am with you.

Obviously need more coffee :)

That is a great way of passing player control to some of your functions.

Thanks

This is really interesting, although the only thing I've noticed that I haven't figured out how to offset is the AI's reluctance to follow relocated zones after a while.

They just stop bothering and no matter what you do, they refuse to relocate to their assigned zone.

Has anyone else had that issue?

Make sure the AI are on aggressive or defensive behavior

hi all,

for me paradrop and halo jump for no sf unit's don't work.i dont know what is the problem,no pilot spawn in c130.i play with arma co cba and ace,acex,ace us navy and ace russie.one solution for me???

@shay_gman,

I've found that after respawn, the MCC console is not avaible, no option anymore.

And those ACE CBU bombs never explored, those babies just para drop down then dispear before touching ground.

Hey Guys, i'd like to ask how to do a certain thing :

i'd like to produce Two Gunships to go to a waypoint, and when they get to a trigger zone one of the apaches will have his engine failed, i have seen that you can do it using the command line, but i cant seem to find the exact lines to it.

appreciated!

hi all,

for me paradrop and halo jump for no sf unit's don't work.i dont know what is the problem,no pilot spawn in c130.i play with arma co cba and ace,acex,ace us navy and ace russie.one solution for me???

I frankly don't know what to say, as I can't reproduce it, I do know that it's happened on SP. The pilots are "pilot" class from ArmA 2 vanila, so it would happened if you are runing arma 2 OA without ArmA 2 vanilla.

@shay_gman,

I've found that after respawn, the MCC console is not avaible, no option anymore.

And those ACE CBU bombs never explored, those babies just para drop down then dispear before touching ground.

I fixed it, I'll release it soon. About ACE CBU 87, they will explode only if there is a vehicle near the skit (the parchute) if not they are programed to self destroy (delete). CBU 97 is the AP version.

Hey Guys, i'd like to ask how to do a certain thing :

i'd like to produce Two Gunships to go to a waypoint, and when they get to a trigger zone one of the apaches will have his engine failed, i have seen that you can do it using the command line, but i cant seem to find the exact lines to it.

appreciated!

Hi, you don't need to create a trigger instead use the WP generator and paste this in the statment area:

"SmallSecondary" createVehicle (getpos this);
[[this], ["going_down",10]] call CBA_fnc_globalSay;
vehicle this sethit ["motor",1];

Could you Explain the Code, as i'd like to do so a couple more times, and it would be great if you could make a quick tutorial about it, as i barely understands how to do it.

It's not the right place to explain but i'll make it short:

in a wp statment this = group leader.

so once a WP is complete the statment should executed.

"SmallSecondary" createVehicle (getpos this); = create small explosion on the helicopter position.

[[this], ["going_down",10]] call CBA_fnc_globalSay; = Call sound from MCC "going down" and broadcast it to all clients using CBA global say

vehicle this sethit ["motor",1]; = destoy the helicopter engine.

alright, thank you very much, but i meant something else:

i'd like to put it on Player Choppers, and make it so when a Certain chopper reaches a Certain point (lets say Zone No.10) he'll get his Engine failed.

also, if i want to get an engine fail without an explosion i'll just delete the Small Secondary line, and as its meant to be used on players i'll also delete the "going down" line?

---------- Post added at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:55 ----------

Also, and i'm sorry for the double post, but i have noticed that for me the Group Generator does not work, it says the Group spawned, but nothing spawns, and its not shown on the group menu below either, and As a bonus once i go inside the Group generator, i cant come out of it. i press "Close" and it closes it completely, and when i re-open the MCC im back in the group generator, and so on in a loop.

i like to using MCC but

it will be great with model changing stuff in VTS

thx! it's great stuff!!!

+100000000000

wish I'd know what model change stuff is

wish I'd know what model change stuff is

co105_vts35_oa_rc11.Takistan\Computer\console\changeclass.sqf

hint "Changing class";

private ["_oldclass","_playernumber"];

_currentunit=player;

//hint _currentname;

//Check if the class is a valid one before running the script;

if !(isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> skin_unit_unite)) exitwith {hint "Invalid Unit";vtskincooldown=0;};

isleader=false;

//Checking if the player is already in a custom class, if yes, we restore it's original form first.

_iscustomclass=_currentunit getvariable "OriginalPlayer";

if (!isnil "_iscustomclass") then

{

if (leader (group _currentunit)==_currentunit) then {isleader=true;};

_currentunit removeAllEventHandlers "killed";

_iscustomclass setposasl getposasl _currentunit;

_iscustomclass setdir direction _currentunit;

_oldclass=_currentunit;

_currentunit=_iscustomclass;

[_currentunit] joinsilent group _oldclass;

removeSwitchableUnit _oldclass;

};

//Checking if the player have already an associated varname for teleport and other stuff function

if (isnil "_iscustomclass") then

{

_playernumber=_currentunit getvariable "VTSSkinPlayerNumber";

if (isnil "_playernumber") then

{

nbre_joueursX=nbre_joueursX+1;

call compile format["player_units set [count player_units,""user%1""];",nbre_joueursX];

_currentunit setVariable ["VTSSkinPlayerNumber",nbre_joueursX,true];

_playernumber=nbre_joueursX;

publicvariable "nbre_joueursX";

publicvariable "player_units";

};

};

_playernumber=_currentunit getVariable "VTSSkinPlayerNumber";

_currentgroup=group _currentunit;

_currentname=vehicleVarName _currentunit;

_dir=direction _currentunit;

if (isnil "vtsdummygroup") then {vtsdummygroup=createGroup (side _currentunit)}

else

{if (isnull vtsdummygroup) then {vtsdummygroup=createGroup (side _currentunit)};};

_newUnit=vtsdummygroup createunit[skin_unit_unite,getpos _currentunit,[],0,"NONE"];

newunit=_newUnit;

call compile format["_newUnit setVehicleVarName ""user%1"";user%1=newunit;publicvariable ""user%1"";",_playernumber];

_newUnit setposasl getposasl _currentunit;

_newUnit setDir _dir;

_newUnit setVariable ["OriginalPlayer",_currentunit];

_newUnit setVariable ["OriginalGroup",_currentgroup];

_newUnit setVariable ["OriginalName",_currentname];

addSwitchableUnit _newUnit;

//call compile format["_currentunit setVehicleVarName ""_currentname_%1"";",random(10000)];

_newUnit addEventHandler ["killed",{[player] execvm "Computer\console\classdeath.sqf"}];

//_newUnit setVehicleVarName _currentname;

//Not a good idea to change it's name in live :( make norrin revive too buggy

//call compile format["%1=_newUnit;",_currentname];

if (leader _currentgroup==_currentunit) then {isleader=true;};

//[_newUnit] joinSilent _currentgroup;

//if (isleader) then {_currentgroup selectLeader _newUnit};

selectplayer _newUnit;

vtsdummygroup selectLeader _newUnit;

if (isnil "vtsdummygrouphidden") then {vtsdummygrouphidden=createGroup (side _currentunit)}

else

{if (isnull vtsdummygrouphidden) then {vtsdummygrouphidden=createGroup (side _currentunit)};};

[_currentunit] joinSilent vtsdummygrouphidden;

//Stick the player in the air

_currentunit allowDamage false;

_currentunit setpos [((random 2000)*-1),((random 2000)*-1),10000];

_currentunit disableAI "AUTOTARGET";

[_currentunit] execvm "Computer\console\classstickintheair.sqf";

if (!isnil "_iscustomclass") then

{

[_oldclass] joinSilent vtsdummygrouphidden;

_oldclass setdamage 1;

deletevehicle _oldclass;

//If we cant delete it (i dunno why) let's sent it to the limbo

_oldclass setpos [((random 2000)*-1),((random 2000)*-1),0];

};

//[_newUnit, NORRN_player_units] execVM "revive_sqf\Revive_player.sqf";

sleep 2;

vtskincooldown=0;

Hi, I have a question; when I tell an evac helicopter to return to the LHD, should the helicopter land on the LHD deck or just stop and hover above it? I´ve tried everything but the helicopter never lands.

Great mod btw, keep it up.

@MacmillanINC I don't see how that model change will enhance mission making, you can always add it as a custom script in your mission.

Hi, I have a question; when I tell an evac helicopter to return to the LHD, should the helicopter land on the LHD deck or just stop and hover above it? I´ve tried everything but the helicopter never lands.

Great mod btw, keep it up.

You can't tell the Evac to return to the LHD, you can spawn it on given you already spawned an LHD. If you want it to land on it use precise landing and click the LHD position on the map, it should land on it, precise landing even works while landing on rooftops. I'll add a return to LHD command on next release.

Hey Shay! Glad to hear this mod is still going strong.

Having a problem with the smoke landing for the evac helicopter. I'm throwing smoke over and over and the helicopter is refusing to land.

Is it an ACE only feature? Is there a certain smoke grenade I should be using?

Hey Shay! Glad to hear this mod is still going strong.

Having a problem with the smoke landing for the evac helicopter. I'm throwing smoke over and over and the helicopter is refusing to land.

Is it an ACE only feature? Is there a certain smoke grenade I should be using?

It shuld work with any smoke, you should get a messege that the helicopter is waiting for smoke. I'll try testing it on vanilla.

It shuld work with any smoke, you should get a messege that the helicopter is waiting for smoke. I'll try testing it on vanilla.

Yah the helicopter says "Waiting For Smoke" and then immediately "Golf 1 Touchdown!" before any smoke is thrown. I then throw the smoke and the heli points its nose down as if to move forward but just hangs in place.

Shay, is there an option to Restrict the MCC other then name? since this mod has no security at all, it is almost impossible to run it on Public servers.

Shay, is there an option to Restrict the MCC other then name? since this mod has no security at all, it is almost impossible to run it on Public servers.

I would storngly suggest reading the manual before posting questions there are 3 ways to restrict MCC access.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

On the same note, here is the first of a few tutorial videos i'm planing for MCC:

BtUZnR69RNE

Nice! My tutorial was getting pretty dated, but I do thank you for linking it in each of your threads (

)

Did you happen to figure out what was up with the smoke grenade landing bug I was having?

Nice! My tutorial was getting pretty dated, but I do thank you for linking it in each of your threads (
)

Did you happen to figure out what was up with the smoke grenade landing bug I was having?

Yes its fixed, i'll release it later with some new stuff.