shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

I should PM Sickboy and ask him to add it into SU.
Nah you shouldn't. Sickboy doesn't accept PM's so you're hitting a wall there :butbut:

Instead you can find the designated contact details for each of my projects / services, in their respective websites/documentation ;)

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Congrats about the release btw! :D

Missions as Addons is the way to go IMO, nice you joined the party :)

(oh but you didn't include any missions inside addons, just the framework / etc)

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Added to Six Updater Network.

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

Fantastic addon - probably one of the best yet because it combines so many of the other great addons! Already had hours of fun setting up ambushes and other trouble for myself. Great work and hope addons makers continue to collaborate to make great things such as this!

1 question - when you spawn groups and units is there a way to set waypoints for them?

edit: NVM I read the manual - you can't unless in high command mode for the side - or, the way to get some movement is to enlarge the zones and use the settings (UPSMON) defensive/offensive for spawning.

Edited by PELHAM

Great mod! However I can't get any of the ACE functionality to work (ACE bomb/gun runs, etc.) Do I need to do something in the setup or editor to enable these? I have CBA and ACE loaded first.

Biggie

Edited by Biggie898

1 question - when you spawn groups and units is there a way to set waypoints for them?

edit: NVM I read the manual - you can't unless in high command mode for the side - or, the way to get some movement is to enlarge the zones and use the settings (UPSMON) defensive/offensive for spawning.

It may just be a placebo effect on my part, but I'm fairly certain that you can also get spawned groups to move by changing the position of their zone. I just recently did so with a group of Marines, spawned them on one side of Chernagorsk then changed their zone to be on the other side of the city. I swore I head the squad leader issuing move orders, but... well, then I accidentally killed myself with a flying truck.

Test it out for yourself; I think they mention that in one of the tutorials.

It may just be a placebo effect on my part, but I'm fairly certain that you can also get spawned groups to move by changing the position of their zone. I just recently did so with a group of Marines, spawned them on one side of Chernagorsk then changed their zone to be on the other side of the city. I swore I head the squad leader issuing move orders, but... well, then I accidentally killed myself with a flying truck.

Test it out for yourself; I think they mention that in one of the tutorials.

Aha! That might explain the mysterious mass attack that wiped me out when I moved a zone to my location lol. This addon is so cool - I was stuck on the roof of the Villa in Zargabad with Militia swarming around us like Zulus. Spawned an Apache to rescue us lol.

Yes every client need that mod.

Well, first of all i want to thank you for this great addon, i'm having so much fun creating things on the fly and the results are always brilliant! :yay: in the next days i'll try to implement it in the clan i'm in, like a sort of "classic roleplay" gamemode, with one master and the players.

Anyway, about your quote, i tried it recently in mp, and i found that - not tested completely though - it works even without the client having it. Not sure if some features could be missing / not working.

As a last question, I have some problems when creating cities and FOBs:

-the city generator doesn't work always, sometimes it just gives me the "marker created" blink (without the "there's not enough space" message), but no city appears. Don't know if someone have this similar problem.

-and when I try to create FOBs or a group of buildings in the 3D editor (in the d.o.c. section), they doesn't show up neither on the pointer, nor on the ground after pressing space. As before don't know if someone have a similar issue.

Last question (sorry :D): is there a way to disable the upsmon script (i suppose) on units created and put under your high command? because they keep moving around and changing the orders i give as they wish.

EDIT: just found the answer in the changelog, just spawn them with the default bis behaviour.

Thank you in advance for the replies. Keep up the great work man!

Edited by Voyage 34

Aha! That might explain the mysterious mass attack that wiped me out when I moved a zone to my location lol. This addon is so cool - I was stuck on the roof of the Villa in Zargabad with Militia swarming around us like Zulus. Spawned an Apache to rescue us lol.

Units are "attached" to the zone they are spawned in. This means that if the zone changes size and/or is moved, then all the units will move to that zone and start their chosen behavior again.

One exception and that is fortify behavior. They stay fortified in the area they are in, no matter the movement of zones.

And just for the record. You can do much more interesting things with moving zones. As the AI is looking for transportation if the range> 500 (or so). So you can spawn a group of infantry, spawn an EMPTY truck in a small zone. Then move the zone.

All will get in the truck and move there. Then get out of the truck and start patrolling again.

Hence this also works with choppers to make parachute jumps with ai.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Well, first of all i want to thank you for this great addon, i'm having so much fun creating things on the fly and the results are always brilliant! :yay: in the next days i'll try to implement it in the clan i'm in, like a sort of "classic roleplay" gamemode, with one master and the players.

Anyway, about your quote, i tried it recently in mp, and i found that - not tested completely though - it works even without the client having it. Not sure if some features could be missing / not working.

As a last question, I have some problems when creating cities and FOBs:

-the city generator doesn't work always, sometimes it just gives me the "marker created" blink (without the "there's not enough space" message), but no city appears. Don't know if someone have this similar problem.

-and when I try to create FOBs or a group of buildings in the 3D editor (in the d.o.c. section), they doesn't show up neither on the pointer, nor on the ground after pressing space. As before don't know if someone have a similar issue.

Last question (sorry :D): is there a way to disable the upsmon script (i suppose) on units created and put under your high command? because they keep moving around and changing the orders i give as they wish.

EDIT: just found the answer in the changelog, just spawn them with the default bis behaviour.

Thank you in advance for the replies. Keep up the great work man!

MCC "sends" its request to the server. So indeed most functionality will work fine. After that the server sends the units by scripts by itself without any need of client.

So indeed most will work.

However, things as start location and other specific action on which needs to be executed on client side will not work.

So if you just want to spawn some shit. Yes its not an issue. If you want however 100% of the functionality then they all need it.

hi,

i have problem with paradrop in item menu 4,when i click on halo or parachute,i'm move in plane but there are no pilot and the plane down.have you got a solution??

Adding to Spirit, you can link zone movment to triggers. You can make a trigger (through MCC ofcourse) to move a zone while player detected so you'll have a nice reinforcment effect.

I don't recommend using MCC on some clients and not on all of them. The basic function once you join in is syncronizing with the server if not all clients run MCC some won't have the same weather and time not to mention markers, briefings and etc.

hi,

i have problem with paradrop in item menu 4,when i click on halo or parachute,i'm move in plane but there are no pilot and the plane down.have you got a solution??

Are you using CO or just AH?

Adding to Spirit, you can link zone movment to triggers. You can make a trigger (through MCC ofcourse) to move a zone while player detected so you'll have a nice reinforcment effect.

I don't recommend using MCC on some clients and not on all of them. The basic function once you join in is syncronizing with the server if not all clients run MCC some won't have the same weather and time not to mention markers, briefings and etc.

Are you using CO or just AH?

Shay,

Great mod! However I can't get any of the ACE functionality to work (ACE bomb/gun runs, etc.) Do I need to do something in the setup or editor to enable these? I have CBA and ACE loaded first.

Lots to learn in this mod, a credit to you and all that contributed to it, an amazing sandbox..

Thank you for releasing it for us all to use..

I have problem with the mod. When I starting LAN multiplayer game I don't see the mcc_sandbox "mission". Then I start create a new mission, save it preview it I don't get mission generator menu or similar. Do I everything correct? I have latest CBA, made a @mcc_sanbox directory in ARMA2 folder. Please help. Please notice that I am a beginner.

Shay,

Hi mate, well MCC should recognize if ACE is runing and if not it won't let you call the ACE function. The easy way to know if MCC detected ACE is by clicking on the mission settings in menu 1. Now look at the ACE revive section, does it give you an options to choose from the dropdown menu or do you have "ace is disabled"?

i'm using CO

Let me get it right, you are calling the parachute and then you moved to a flying plane but the plane dosen't have any pilots in it and you crush (It is sound like a dream I had a night or two ago)?

I have problem with the mod. When I starting LAN multiplayer game I don't see the mcc_sandbox "mission". Then I start create a new mission, save it preview it I don't get mission generator menu or similar. Do I everything correct? I have latest CBA, made a @mcc_sanbox directory in ARMA2 folder. Please help. Please notice that I am a beginner.

Do you get in single player or anywhere else?

You need to put the files in "@mcc_sandbox\addons\".

Let me get it right, you are calling the parachute and then you moved to a flying plane but the plane dosen't have any pilots in it and you crush (It is sound like a dream I had a night or two ago)?

this exact. what do you think about this problem?:confused:

this exact. what do you think about this problem?:confused:

For me its still unclear what the issue is to be honost. ;) Is it the paradop option where you are transferred to the airplane and the rear opens? Or its calling airplanes with ai that you somehow occupy?

Edited by spirit6

So this can be used to actually edit and save a mission in pbo form as whatever you want to name it to upload to a server..Example: edit a dom mission rename it to 123go_to_war repbo it and load it on a server? Or will the mission in the mp lobby always say MCC Sandbox?

Been struggling with the mp editor and this would be great if it works that way..Thanks for your amazing contribution to the community!

JC

Hi mate, well MCC should recognize if ACE is runing and if not it won't let you call the ACE function. The easy way to know if MCC detected ACE is by clicking on the mission settings in menu 1. Now look at the ACE revive section, does it give you an options to choose from the dropdown menu or do you have "ace is disabled"?

Hey Shay,

Yes, I get options under the ACE revive drop down, but if select something (say A10 ACE CBU-87) either nothing happens or the A10 flies nearby but does nothing. Could it be one of the other mods I'm running? I'm running SLX also.

So this can be used to actually edit and save a mission in pbo form as whatever you want to name it to upload to a server..Example: edit a dom mission rename it to 123go_to_war repbo it and load it on a server? Or will the mission in the mp lobby always say MCC Sandbox?

Been struggling with the mp editor and this would be great if it works that way..Thanks for your amazing contribution to the community!

JC

Yes and No, it won't create some new pbo file, the Safe option in MCC save the things you made in real-time to the clipboard and you can load it later. Or save is as txt file.

There isn't any more MCC sandbox mission, now on the addon version it's work like a tool, a real-time on the fly MP editor. So if you are playing domination for example, you'll have the "mission generator" action menu. Let's say you want to spawn some enemies in certain area or let the player start with some equipment, or change the time and weather. Now you can do it, and you can save it. So next time you'll play domino you'll won't need to rebuild it again, you'll just single click the load button and you'll get it.

Hey Shay,

Yes, I get options under the ACE revive drop down, but if select something (say A10 ACE CBU-87) either nothing happens or the A10 flies nearby but does nothing. Could it be one of the other mods I'm running? I'm running SLX also.

So only the ACE CAS options isn't working for you? Does the other ACE function are working? does the other CAS options are working?

can you give more info? MP,SP, LAN, dedicated, island exc?

Someone was pointing that the city generator sometimes bug, well the module is BIS module, but the amount of buildings in the area is determine by the radius of the city.

So my advice always pick larger radius for you city and click it on a relevant flat and empty area of the map. The module won't generate houses in the entire radius of the zone anyway.

For me its still unclear what the issue is to be honost. ;) Is it the paradop option where you are transferred to the airplane and the rear opens? Or its calling airplanes with ai that you somehow occupy?

it's the paradrod option where i'm transferred to the plane and rear opens.there are 2 choice in this options halo and pardrop.i tell about mcc sandbox mod version.

So only the ACE CAS options isn't working for you? Does the other ACE function are working? does the other CAS options are working?

can you give more info? MP,SP, LAN, dedicated, island exc?

Someone was pointing that the city generator sometimes bug, well the module is BIS module, but the amount of buildings in the area is determine by the radius of the city.

So my advice always pick larger radius for you city and click it on a relevant flat and empty area of the map. The module won't generate houses in the entire radius of the zone anyway.

The other CAS options do work for me. I'm playing CO SP on Takistan. The other ACE functions seem to be ok (ex. I can spawn a jerrycan in a zone). Any idea what could be wrong?

I tried it in MP and SP too. Now since I use SixUpdater it works fine in SP. In MP host I don't get Mission generator menu :( What should I do when i want to play with my friend in Coop? Should I make a mission in editor with 2 playable soldier. Save it as MPMission start it and the rest sould I paste from my predefined txt?

Great mod, thanks!

Cannot get CAS and HALO to work, request for airdrop, plane flies and does nose dive and crashes. HALO nothing and CAS never arrives. Are there conflict with other mods that you know of. I am using ACE and update weekley.

HALO after a few minutes, red smoke but no drop???

Thanks,

Scott

Great mod, thanks!

Cannot get CAS and HALO to work, request for airdrop, plane flies and does nose dive and crashes. HALO nothing and CAS never arrives. Are there conflict with other mods that you know of. I am using ACE and update weekley.

HALO after a few minutes, red smoke but no drop???

Thanks,

Scott

The same for me too

shay_gman,

Thanks for this great mod. I`m having problems getting re spawn to work.I went to my Docs arma2 etc,found the mission folder and made a file Description.ext,dropped the re spawn text in as you suggested,but no joy.I do have the drop down option for up to 10 re spawns in MCC. I do use ACE.

It`s obviously some thing I`m doing wrong. Any help appreciated!

Thanks,Wolf72nd