Sign in to follow this  
Maio

ArmAverse | The community fan fiction thread

Battlefield 3 much? Oh, and it's Iranian, not Irani.

Yes. And you can't prove it anymore :yay:

Lol. I think BIS should let us write the backstory to ArmA3... There's some quality stuff here.

As much as I would like to sink my teeth in the ArmAverse, I'm sure they already have the backstory written. They will feed us tea spoons of it as we aproach the release date.

BTW BIS , the aan-online site is lagging behind ;)

Edited by Maio

Shake hands and smile to the cameras:

AAN Global News

Asia

Monday, 6 November 2017

Teheran,Iran

Iran and Syria sign mutual defence pact.

A joyful atmosphere at the Syrian embasy today, as iranian president Hadi Ahmudinezab and his syrian counterpart Haiman Sofal placed their mark on the papers that now bounds the 2 countries in time of war.

The mutual defence pact was proposed by president Ahmudinezab 2 years ago, when both countries entered a stage of increased economical growth.

The pact itself is similar to the NATO membership clause.

Both militaries must be at an interoperational standard and are bound by the pact to make purchases of new military hardware if the case aplies.

Both countries must protect each others sovereignty and interests.

While the Iranian modernazation program is now entering it's third and final stage the Syrian one has slowed down and the signing of the documents is seen by most analysts as a nudge in the right direction by Iran.

Read full article

ZRKKFs.jpg

A photograph printed on cheap printer paper, labelled with white correction pen, found in an abandoned building after SCO air raids on london, April 2024.

Edited by InstaGoat

Nice InstaGoat :)

Thanks. I´m a mix of visual and story person. I already have something written up, but it´s already six pages long and growing, so I´ll not post it here. Instead, I´ll do more of these pictures and add little story snippets with them.

I love world building

Who's the CRZ again?

The CRZ is the Common Resource Zone, which is appears to be the OPFOR alliance. It is mentioned in a handful of places in the canon on the website, as well as the threads that popped up when Arma 3 was announced.

Welcome User. Please Enter password below to proceed.

:*******

Login Successful. Retrieving last messages.

-Messages retrieved: 1 Message - 2021-12-02

-*-

//Opening Message//

-*-

Hot stuff this morning, guys.

Items recovered from blacknet in Brazil, posted on Wikileaks yesterday morning, taken down the same day. Pictures show US Army in combat in europe. Three pictures could be recovered out of 76 originally posted. Be aware that they may be quite graphic. The source´s been public so we should be clear to publish them.

xqMNms.jpg

!GRAPHIC! Picture of what appears to be US Army casualties in an undisclosed location on the European theater. Chatter on the net places the region as either Poland or the Czech Republic. These are the first non-official images leaked from the frontline showing NATO casualties. Unless we count the pictures from the border incidents earlier this year, these are the first real pics of -any- NATO casualty period.

cxudGs.jpg

!GRAPHIC! An US Army casualty, still in Uniform. There are no official casualty reports coming from NATO, or any of the Armies participating in combat in europe. As far as the Pentagon is concerned, we are still in a deterrence mode, and no actual combat is taking place. Looks like the public has been deceived on this part.

UPopPs.jpg

US Army personell talking in a Village. Smoke can be seen rising on the Horizon. We cannot assess from just these pictures alone what the quality of the conflict is, but the message boards are ablaze with rumours. There´s a lot of statistics and supposedly well sourced reports about a fully blown "war" in Europe being handed around, but everybody is too scared to put anything out yet.

I will keep a close eye on this and inform you if anything else pops up.

Terrifying stuff. The Military apparently is upset about these leaking out, but it had to happen. Looks like we really have a proper war on our hands this time.

Good Day to you.

Samuel.

Logout successful.

:icon_eek: Insta. I'm glad the thread is on track.

I am working on a piece about the Mi-48 Kajman. I will post it tomorrow if I don't get bogged down with school work.

BTW, do you guys want to combine stories or should we each stick to our own ArmAverse?

:icon_eek: Insta. I'm glad the thread is on track.

I am working on a piece about the Mi-48 Kajman. I will post it tomorrow if I don't get bogged down with school work.

BTW, do you guys want to combine stories or should we each stick to our own ArmAverse?

Well, we can build off of what others write. That'd be good.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

The CRZ is the Common Resource Zone, which is appears to be the OPFOR alliance. It is mentioned in a handful of places in the canon on the website, as well as the threads that popped up when Arma 3 was announced.

Welcome User. Please Enter password below to proceed.

:*******

Login Successful. Retrieving last messages.

-Messages retrieved: 1 Message - 2021-12-02

-*-

//Opening Message//

-*-

Hot stuff this morning, guys.

Items recovered from blacknet in Brazil, posted on Wikileaks yesterday morning, taken down the same day. Pictures show US Army in combat in europe. Three pictures could be recovered out of 76 originally posted. Be aware that they may be quite graphic. The source´s been public so we should be clear to publish them.

xqMNms.jpg

!GRAPHIC! Picture of what appears to be US Army casualties in an undisclosed location on the European theater. Chatter on the net places the region as either Poland or the Czech Republic. These are the first non-official images leaked from the frontline showing NATO casualties. Unless we count the pictures from the border incidents earlier this year, these are the first real pics of -any- NATO casualty period.

cxudGs.jpg

!GRAPHIC! An US Army casualty, still in Uniform. There are no official casualty reports coming from NATO, or any of the Armies participating in combat in europe. As far as the Pentagon is concerned, we are still in a deterrence mode, and no actual combat is taking place. Looks like the public has been deceived on this part.

UPopPs.jpg

US Army personell talking in a Village. Smoke can be seen rising on the Horizon. We cannot assess from just these pictures alone what the quality of the conflict is, but the message boards are ablaze with rumours. There´s a lot of statistics and supposedly well sourced reports about a fully blown "war" in Europe being handed around, but everybody is too scared to put anything out yet.

I will keep a close eye on this and inform you if anything else pops up.

Terrifying stuff. The Military apparently is upset about these leaking out, but it had to happen. Looks like we really have a proper war on our hands this time.

Good Day to you.

Samuel.

Logout successful.

Looking at the ArmA3 website, "common" is lowercase. So is it the "Common Resource Zone Protection Force" or the "Resource Zone Protection Force"? And is the Resource Zone Protection Force the name of the alliance or the name of the force protecting Limnos? Because, the only other "zone protection force" I've read about is the Indian Special Zone Protection Force, which protects Indian memorials and parks.

I don't think it's meant to be the name of an alliance. Judging by the lowercase "common", I'd say the website is saying that the equipment of the Iranian forces on Limnos is what is to be expected of a typical Resource Zone Protection Force, taking "Resource Zone Protection Force" to signify a force protection a specific zone, in this case Limnos., and the added word "structure" to signify that there's a specific type of structure for a zone protection force. Not only that, but Common Resource Zone is a lousy name for an alliance.

Looking at the ArmA3 website, "common" is lowercase. So is it the "Common Resource Zone Protection Force" or the "Resource Zone Protection Force"? And is the Resource Zone Protection Force the name of the alliance or the name of the force protecting Limnos? Because, the only other "zone protection force" I've read about is the Indian Special Zone Protection Force, which protects Indian memorials and parks.

I don't think it's meant to be the name of an alliance. Judging by the lowercase "common", I'd say the website is saying that the equipment of the Iranian forces on Limnos is what is to be expected of a typical Resource Zone Protection Force, taking "Resource Zone Protection Force" to signify a force protection a specific zone, in this case Limnos., and the added word "structure" to signify that there's a specific type of structure for a zone protection force. Not only that, but Common Resource Zone is a lousy name for an alliance.

Hmm, duly noted. It makes sense. I have understood it differently, as in the common resource zone being some type of alliance. The name´s struck me as pretty weird too. I will change the posts and turn the CRZ into the SCO. That should be more realistic.

Hopefully, BIS will release more info soon. As much as Shanghai Cooperation Organization is realistic, it'd be nice for a cooler name :P

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 ----------

BTW, I've never seen this... it's dated august 2011, but for some reason I missed it. Cool pics though.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5023/pcgameraug2011arma31.jpg

Also, I didn't know it was confirmed to be Iran and China, but the pcgamer magazine kinda confirmed that. hmmm

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-st88vQFRUWQ/TkhSpTlUpRI/AAAAAAAAAIw/fmD0x4eUfBk/s1600/pcgamersept2011arma32.jpg

Edited by antoineflemming

Hopefully, BIS will release more info soon. As much as Shanghai Cooperation Organization is realistic, it'd be nice for a cooler name :P

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 ----------

BTW, I've never seen this... it's dated august 2011, but for some reason I missed it. Cool pics though.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5023/pcgameraug2011arma31.jpg

Also, I didn't know it was confirmed to be Iran and China, but the pcgamer magazine kinda confirmed that. hmmm

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-st88vQFRUWQ/TkhSpTlUpRI/AAAAAAAAAIw/fmD0x4eUfBk/s1600/pcgamersept2011arma32.jpg

Every item on the confirmed features list is there beacuse:

A dev mentioned it somewhere.

There is a photo/video of it somewhere.

Someone I trust talked to a dev and told me about it.

As of now, no one from BIS has contacted me and told me to take an item off the list.

Enter the Kajman(prototype):

10 December 2017

Milipedia presents a short interview with Kiril Abramovici, spokesperson for Mil regarding their latest project,codename â€Kajman†said to be the replacement of the venerable Mi-24 helicopter.

MP: Mr. Abramovici, thank you for spearing some time to talk to us.

KA: It’s no problem. Afterall, we did say we are open to press inquiries (laughs)

MP: Indeed. So , project Kajman, it was anounced 3 years ago and it was said that it would eventually replace the Mi 24, but since then no more information came out of official channeles. Tell us about it.

KA: Yes. Well, as we said back in 2014, the helicopter was designed to replace the Mi 24 within the Russian Armed Forces and foreign armed forces. However, project Kajman has been in the works since the mid 90’s when the MoD forwarded a request to Mil to design a new attack-transport helicopter based on the Mi 24 concept .The MoD outlined 3 important criteria. It should be cost effective, it should have enhanced survivability and increased modularity compared to the Mi 24. We then started working on 2 designs. The first was based on the Mi 24 itself and the second was based off the Mi 28. For the first design we swaped the old engines for newer more fuel efficient ones , added intake filters , redesigned the cockpit , we integrated severeal modern countermeasure systems and we also experimented with light weight materials for the airframe and a NTR system. This design did not pass MoD approval, however some concepts carried on into the current MI-24 upgrade program.

The second one as I said, was based on the Mi 28. Our chief designer at the time brought forward the idea of enlarging the Mi 28 frame so that it can support a medium sized troop or cargo compartiment. No one disagreed as the Mi 28 was initially designed as a heavy battlefield support helicopter which could also transport a max of 4 additional personel besides the flight crew. So we went back to the initial blueprints of the Mi-28 and made several modifications to it until we were content with the final result . The MoD was also content and we were given the green light to further impove on it.

Saddly due to severe budget cuts in the late 90’s , the project was put on a indefinite halt by the MoD and we were given the task of upgrading existing Mi 24. That was until 2012 when a study showed that the 24 platform could not withstand anymore improvements and the â€Kajman†project was reborn.

MP: Very interesting. Are you able to share some technical specifications of the current prototype with us or are they still classified?

KA:There are some things,yes. The Kajman is an all-weather day-night twin engine coaxial rotor system tandem cockpit heavy attack and medium transport helicopter.

The engines we have on the current model are an improved version of the TV-3-117VM found on the KA-52 and MI-28N. Although they are quite capable engines we plan to swap them for something more powerfull to compensate for the increased weight. We are taking into consideration an outside manufactuerer as well for the final production model for the Russian Federation. Since the Kajman is designed with modularity in mind foreign customers can choose another engine if they wish.

As increased survivability was one of the main design criteria we decided to go with an coaxial rotor system. Kamov was sub contracted to help us with design and integration.

The cockpit has the same overall design as the Mi 28. To increase flight crew survivability in case of a crash landing we added improved shock absorbers to the seats and we are considering an airbag system as well. We have replaced most of the analog instruments with MFD’s and both the pilot and weapons officer will have helmet mounted displays for improved reaction time. The communication between the flight crew and passagers will be done via a wireless intercom system.

FLIR and NV will be integrated directly into the flight crew’s HMD’s.

The cargo area will have space for 8 fully loaded soliders or several crates.

Both the cockpit and cargo area are water tight.

I’m afraid I can’t tell you specifics in terms of take off weight and such as we are still improving on them.

MP: Of course. Can you tell us something about it’s projected offesnive and diffesive systems

KA: Yes yes. I will start with the offensive ones. The helicopter will have a belly mounted chaingun slaved to the weapons officer and pilots helmet display. Once again modularity comes into play and the gun manufacturer and caliber can be chosen by the client. Just as the Mi 28 it will sport 2 side mounted weapon pilons capable of holding up to 4 different missile racks or rocket pods.

Moving onto defensive systems. Due to it’s modularity, it will support a large array of RWR, ECM, chaff and flare launchers and data management systems.

MP: Interesting. So... when will we be able to see it?

KA: We are planing on showing a fully functional model at next years ARMEX.

MP: Mr. Abramovici thank you once again for your time and for the information you shared with us and good luck with your project.

KA: And thank you for taking interest. Have a nice day.

Isola di Capraïa (2026):

AAN Images

arma3aancapraia.jpg

Photograph of U.S. Army Delta Operators operating on Capraïa during the Iranian invasion of 2026

Edited by antoineflemming

Wasn't sure if all we could post was news articles but I figured I'd give a shot at some flash fiction. Hope ya'll like it, I tried minimalism for a change :)

In the cold and cauterized dark they rose into the early morning and squatted along the rim of that scraggly incline like crows on a wire and waited for dawn. They made no fires to warm themselves and they didn’t talk and they didn’t move. When he looked to the east there was a gray light collecting under the hills and he alone rose up and started down the knoll like some mute apparition shifted out of the blackness himself blacker still as if he were a vaporous shade slipped out of some provisional dream.

He came onto the little clay trail where nothing would grow and walked the barren strip to the riverbank. He knelt down and sipped from the frigid waters like a penitent and when he looked up again he saw Aquarius waning. The autumnal equinox. No sound but the flowing of water and who knew how many eras it had yet to flow? This fragile uncharred earth. He peered down into the waters for to see what image might be given back but he was not there and was not there.

They filed down the slope under a moon half-hung in the daylight to the trail and went on as before. Sweating despite the chill. They route stepped through the highlands of the Urals and to the south they could see into that other country where the Mughalzhar Hills rolled endlessly away. Land untouched by the hands of man like some prelapsairan reserve. Some men looked deep into the open country and he one of them for every man knew that one day soon they would be crossing the border and every man knew that one day they would die.

Days to come like gold. They ate out of tin cans like an armed company of destitutes. They used metal forks with bended tines. Their beards grew and grayed with dust. In the latter end of the month at night in the distance they could see the candent blooms fanning out over the horizon like the births of phosphorescent stars. The earth trembling as if walked upon by giants.

He laid awake with his ear to the ground. As if he’d log by vibration alone the tectonic motions of that molten abyss. As if somewhere in his gyrus lay the primordial germ what knew the cataclysmic tides of the long ago. Or perhaps a pebble some miles beneath his place of rest.

On the last day of September they were airlifted from the border sixty miles north to a little Cossack village that’d been commandeered by the army. The egressed out into a tilled field where the tillers looked out at them cross-armed from behind the filthy panes of their crude homes.

A lank major in fatigues walked out to meet them. Courtesies were exchanged. Coffee offered. They milled about while their captain talked and after a while they were led away to a massive concrete barn which was quartered with another company. At the entrance gate a pit grill had been set up operated by a woodsman in crusty overalls. A withered cailleach manned the table before the grill and she was slapping the nameless meat between two slices of black bread and handing them out as they passed.

Inside the dim confines of the barn there was a musty smell of horses but no horses to be found. He sniffed at the air almost cautiously and he looked out at the grill and he looked at the sandwich in his hand and then he went on.

That night he curled up in the rafters on a bed of hay beside another man who he didn’t know. Down below on the ground floor a scrawny pyro had gathered up some midden stones and made a ring of them in the center of the barn and enkindled a fire with a curious fuel that smoked in a thin glass beaker. Some alchemical concoction derived by who knew what heathen methods. He might have gone down to sit by the fire but that was the idea of many others and so he stayed where he was and watched the shadows flare up against the limestone walls like waltzing fire spirits or the memory of that ancient stone.

The next day at noon the major entered into their midst with a rolled newspaper and began to slap the thighs and backsides of the sleepers for them to wake up. He was accompanied by a retinue of adjuncts and there was only one who wasn’t spectacled. They rose.

Outside they were fed porridge in little mortar bowls and the bread from the day before and then a lukewarm cabbage soup. Afterwards they were ordered back into the field where they formed up and stood at parade rest while the major told them things they had known for years.

Behind him stood a pair of Mi-26’s. The pilots sitting on egg crates smoking and not listening to the officer. He waited for the major to finish. Overhead it looked to rain. The ground already soggy. He thought it might flood. When the major finished his speech each of their companies was ordered to form a column and then to board the choppers. As they waited to board the adjuncts came up carrying supplies which they handed out. He was bequeathed three loaded magazines and a few days rations and then he was shuttled up into the chopper. He took his seat near the front on the bench and pressed his forehead against the porthole and gazed at the browning country about. After a while he shut his eyes and when he opened them again they were airborne hovering over the village. Very small beneath them the major stood looking up.

When he looked the ramp was still down and the loadmaster seemed preoccupied. He stood up and handed off his rifle to the man aside him who took it with a certain degree of puzzlement. He winked and began to stride towards the exit and the loadmaster looked up just in time to see him touch his two fingers to his brow before he took his final step and disappeared from sight. No more sound out of him then smoke.

Thanks to an anonymous source:

Excerpt - NATO equipment purchase logs - 2020 to present

-65,000 units - FN F2000 Tactical

-27,000 units - Knight's Armament Company LMG

-9,000 units - Mk. 14 Mod 0 EBR

-5,000 units - GM6 Lynx anti-materiel rifle

-Additional 9,500 CZ SCORPION EVO III A1 sub-machine guns contributed by Česká zbrojovka Uherský brod manufacturing plant

-2,500 units - XM25 Counter Defilade Target Engagement (CDTE) System

A little something something

AAN Global News

Americas

Thursday 20 December 2018

Vancouver, Canada

Vancouver joins the H3 partty

Crowds were gathered outside Vancouvers NorthPoint Electric Power Plant as Mayor Simon Decroix activated the city's new H3 cell based power grid. Vancouver is the forth city to switch to H3 fuel cell's after Shanghai, Copenhagen and Chicago. Mayor Decroix said that this is a big step forward in the global effort to reduce dependency on fosil fuel energy and urged other big cities to consider this energy alternative as it's the most efficient and has no impact on the environment. 12 Shenhai-Kraus SK-H3-3 fuel cells will be keeping light's on for Vancouver for the next 30 years as...

Read full article

Friday 21 December 2018

Seattle, USA

Vrana Corp. acquires Vanator Security

Logistics and defence industry giant, Vrana Corp. has finalized it's purchase of Vanator Security Solutions for 117. mil USD. The two parties have signed the final pappers at Vrana Corp. headquarters in downtown Seattle. The purchase of Vanator Security Solutions despite Vrana's already established Ion Inc. private military company is seen as response to recent merger between two of it's main competitors in the private military business, Talon Security Services and Vepr Defence Solutions. Vanator SS will operate in paralel to Ion Inc. for...

Read full article

Anyone wanna do something on the First or Second Battle of Brno?

I'm busy with other things right now, so knock yourself out :D

Anyone wanna do something on the First or Second Battle of Brno?

I wrote something about it some time ago (announcement) but I cant find it atm :( :D

Territory map (2035):

AAN Images

arma3status2035.jpg

GREEN marks friendly. RED denotes enemy.

Note: this is actually from E3. I just changed the colors. Don't know what the abbreviations mean.

NAV= Naval

AB= Ariborne or Air Brigade

Hmm so now Sweden and Norway must fight both Denmark and Finland. I don't really think we are the neutral anymore by looking at this map!