Sign in to follow this  
acid002

steam cdkey problem

hello all!:) i downloaded toh after purchase on steam and i have my cdkey as provided by them. However the game has never asked me for my cd key. I have tried starting a single and multiplayer game to get toh to promt for the cd key with no luck. After an hour of flight i notice flight physics get progressively worse and i believe i am running into the " degradation" feature of the games copy protection as a result of not being promted for the cd key.Thoughts/ suggestions would be apreciated:butbut:

If you ask me that don't sound right at all, I am sure it would ask you for the key. I haven't heard of any problems where you are not prompted to enter the keys on Steam games.

Maybe a cover story for a pirate version?

I dunno this could be genuine, but i guess we cant tell.

Probably down to BI to ask for proof of purchase on this to confirm

This should also of been in troubleshooting...

Edited by hetsar

STEAM will show You the CDkey but you dont need anything with it ...

it's just notice You have one correctly assigned

(which is extremely helpful in cases of trying resolve problems with key/auth distribution servers)

steam does display my cd key every time i start toh, rminding me to put he cd key in when the game asks for it. the problem here is that the game itself never asks. if i try to put steams cd key in though steam browser. it gives me some hoo- ha about how i MUST put the key in through the game itself. steam will not accept thier OWN KEY via the browser

You say you are thinking that FADE get's activated. What symptoms are you experiencing? What kind of flight physics degrading? Because right now there still could be other stuff going on as well.

very true, the FADE being activated is my guess. I do know that this cd key reminder gets displayed every time i start toh with the acual key displayed for " cut and paste" but when i go to the tab "activate product" and use the cut/paste feature steam says the key is invalid. i have also tried to put the key in manually as well. as for Fade.. i t seems i can hold a nice hover at the very start of the game, however as time goes by it seems i get more wind/ sideslip/ GE bubble. after an hour or two trying to hover at ground level is like a ping pong bal in a vertical wind tunnel:)

just tick the 'dont display this key dialog' anymore and that's it

just put in a ticket with steam as well. in case the problem is on their end

wait, you used the standalone 1.02 patch on the game ? because there is no dialog which prompt for game key in STEAM version at all ...

can You provide screen-shot(s) of the problem You experience ? (blur-remove the part with key if there is any)

i up dated patch though steam..

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

ok.. steam is not asking my actively for the key. it just kepps poping up this stupid reminder to put the cd key in when the game askd for it.. so far the game has NOT asked for the key..but as i am a basically honest person:), i am trying to put my cdkey in though steams browser to activate the game. i am thinking that if i can put this cdkey in Somewhere and the game activated properly i will avoid the wrath of the game gods:D

the reminder can be closed, just mark it as DO not show again (there is checkbox) that's all ...

there is no key entering or using later in the STEAM distribution