Sign in to follow this  
monoRAIL

Where to start with ToH modding?

I'm interested in ToH modding but don't really know where to start.

Does ToH use the same tools as Arma? I haven't played any BI games before so I'm not familiar with the modding process.

I have a model I'd like to try importing into the game, some of you may recognise it...

airwolf01.jpg

I actually made this for a Battlefield 2 mod many years ago but never got around to finishing it. ToH seems like a better fit for it.

biggest problem will be getting the Arma2 tools to recognise the new Bin config probably when binarising at the moment its all set up for use with the arma2 engine so will need to be told about the TKOH defines somehow so it inherits correctly and learning what new memmory points are required .

was thinking of learning myself via the old arma1 mlod for the uh60 but seems a crap load of work for stand alone so might await tools release in a few months or whichever it is.

At this stage it's probably a little early to know, but I'd be willing to bet there's not much difference in the hierarchies used in TKOH vs A2/OA.

If only the creators released a Tutorial , tools, and example helicopter for TOH Modding Community...if they would Im sure it would become like FSX Addons when it comes to the amount. Too me its about advertisement, I love TOH but there is only 3 Ingame helos, and the DLC with regular Arma helicopters didn't even change them to be similar to TOH Helicopters, especially with the virtual interactive cockpit. If you find a decent tutorial please let me know, Id love to purchase some HD Models and start converting to TOH.