Sign in to follow this  
Rossrox

Call of Duty - Ripped a sound off ArmA?

It may be a sound effect commerically/freely avaliable, but I've never heard it anywhere else, I completely associate it with ArmA and BI. And If CoD has indeed ripped the sound from you guys, Id like you to be aware and informed.

You can view the sound here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a30i2A57ThU&feature=youtu.be

Its at about 00:08 when the camera switches on, Ill be damned If that sound isnt off ArmA, its heard receiving missions in the Armoury, and new tasks on online gamemodes such as Domination and Insurgency.

That is indeed the same sound, but I doubt BI themselves created it. It's likely that BI purchased rights to a sound collection which included it, and the CoD developers also happened to purchase the same collection.

It is likely. Dunno if you have played Flashpoint, but explosion of vehicle in vanilla game was present in at least dozen other productions :P

Might be wrong but I recognized another sound from Arma 3 is present in CS:GA . It is the GL explosion sound you can hear

and

is the Arma 3 reference.

This noise flickering is very characteristic for this sound sample. I hope there wont be too much similarities, since CS is not really known for, lets say, "good audio samples"

I remember wenn few months ago im started playing Alfa Prime and i hear sounds and music from arma 2 and i think wtf. But then i see who made this game Black element software and all was clear for me but this was little strange when i hear first time sounds from arma 2 in another game.

ever heard of sound sample libraries? There are millions of sounds, so it can happen different games, using same samples, depends on sound director of the game.

ever heard of sound sample libraries? There are millions of sounds, so it can happen different games, using same samples, depends on sound director of the game.

Ever read my initial sentence?

It may be a sound effect commerically/freely avaliable

Wow. That video was removed due to a copyright claim from Activision. I would write youtube back with a fair use counter argument if you want to keep your video up.

sound libraries, is a possibiliity,

as well as if they recorded the same source....

i mean if you and i both separately were to record the same m4, in roughly similar environment, im sure it would sound very similar...at least this is what i think....correct me if im wrong...

and yes the video is taken down...

I remember wenn few months ago im started playing Alfa Prime and i hear sounds and music from arma 2 and i think wtf. But then i see who made this game Black element software and all was clear for me but this was little strange when i hear first time sounds from arma 2 in another game.

The tracks were originally in Alpha Prime and used in Arma 2 two years later.

Wait, what? Why was it removed from youtube exactly? What's the "claim"? The world is going completely nuts with this copyright shit :mad:

Its not my video so I dont know, but its leaked footage from Modern Warfare 3

@Celery

yes i search later in google and i know that first those trucks whare used in Alfa Prime. But wenn i hear those tracks first time wenn i lunch Alfa Prime it was very strange for me :), i was thinking "i know this tracks from somwhere" ;)

Oh, leaked footage. Okay, my bad, they are not alone acting like that in that respect. I thought it was only the sound. And didn't realize MW3 was just a few days away, simply because I don't care - can't say the same about Skyrim :p

Yeah if it got removed due to being leaked, you can be sure that when the game is out one can make another video to demonstrate the same thing no problem.

It's just a little girl being blown up. I find it less offensive than the one in The Untouchables, mostly because I don't have to see Kevin Costner in this.