Sign in to follow this  
9thAircav

ETA for TOH(steam) v 1.02

I said to stop the installation file as missing. pbo do not know why .. just for me?

the standalone patch is NOT for STEAM ... so don't use it... it will NOT work

and it's released ...

Can someone explain to me why the standalone update is a mere 29MB and Steam shows the update as 1.694GB? And it's not a typo, as I downloaded 100MB and it was still downloading.

Can someone explain to me why the standalone update is a mere 29MB and Steam shows the update as 1.694GB? And it's not a typo, as I downloaded 100MB and it was still downloading.

They probably had to recompile the main program for Steam.

Thanks guys :D

Steam is special .. in many ways ..

Steam is yet to use differential updates for its system. Nothing we can do about it really. But it is something they seem to be working on implementing so hopefully one day in future it is going to be better.

Hello BI!

I like the game really. But i have a problem with one mission (the hand thats feed) and so i can`t go on.

So my question is:

When there is a update for STEAM? It`s not fair to give a update for all other buyers and the steam peoble have no update :mad:

I´m a supporter from the first minutes - please think about the steam buyers...

Thx and greatings

I get an error on steam saying "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time". It doesn't appear to be updating at all. Any suggestions?

Hello , if u are saying about the 1.02 patch . then you should be possible to do the update via steam . i did before 5-6 hour (via steam). also u could check it on recent news of the game on steam . if u cant download it maybe u need to right click "Take on helicopters"->click on "Properties"->"Updates"->select "Automatic updates : Always keep this game up to date" . If its already like that restart your steam application . cant help u more:(

MonoRail, I posted the same issue in Trouble shooting. It seems the Steam patch is being applied to your copy. It was only after 3 hours or so that is finally completed the upgrade and was accessible again.

I did however validate my cached files at that seemed to make things appear to work.... Not sure why though.

There's always going to be a delay with providing updates to Steam simply because there is an extra step in the process. Anyway, hopefully in the future the standalone updates will work on the Steam clients like they do with Arma.

As Dwarden would say, 'Patience my young padawan' ;-)

Thanks for the reply Rotor_Slap. I did a cache validate and it started off the download properly. I also turned off auto update so I don't get this again and can patch manually.

Steam is yet to use differential updates for its system. Nothing we can do about it really. But it is something they seem to be working on implementing so hopefully one day in future it is going to be better.

I thought steam had implemented differential updates, or is it still in testing phase or so?

quote from valve: "The new system supports delivering only the differences between the old and new files, meaning game updates will be much smaller overall."

There's always going to be a delay with providing updates to Steam simply because there is an extra step in the process. Anyway, hopefully in the future the standalone updates will work on the Steam clients like they do with Arma.

As Dwarden would say, 'Patience my young padawan' ;-)

Is it not possible to:

Make the Steam patch a "data file" and update the exe to do a "first run only" where it applies the patch independant of steams updater?

ie. The steam patch would consist of:

Normal Patch - Archive

New main exe

Differential Patch exe

... or would this devalidate teh steam install and trigger Steam to "update" it again thinking it is corrupt?

It`s not fair to give a update for all other buyers and the steam peoble have no update :mad:

Welcome to life. You gotta keep in mind that Steam updates require an extra step as Jedra stated. Would it be "fair" for those that supported BIS directly to have to wait just because others bought with steam? Let's get real here. Things wont always be fair.

I can guarantee you BIS isn't doing this to be unfair. Just wait a little and they'll get the steam updates out. They aren't trying to make people wait just because they'd enjoy it.

Is it not possible to:

Make the Steam patch a "data file" and update the exe to do a "first run only" where it applies the patch independant of steams updater?

ie. The steam patch would consist of:

Normal Patch - Archive

New main exe

Differential Patch exe

... or would this devalidate teh steam install and trigger Steam to "update" it again thinking it is corrupt?

it's possible but not officially recommended

1. You download the offline patch we released (30MB)

2. You patch Your STEAM game with it

3. in STEAM client application you select Take On Helicopter game > Propersties > local Files > Verify Integrity of game Files

4. let it download / update the differences

5. run game

this will save You most likely 95% of download ....

but like i said before it's not officially supported route

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Hello BI!

I like the game really. But i have a problem with one mission (the hand thats feed) and so i can`t go on.

So my question is:

When there is a update for STEAM? It`s not fair to give a update for all other buyers and the steam peoble have no update :mad:

I´m a supporter from the first minutes - please think about the steam buyers...

Thx and greatings

i was working whole night to get that update released on STEAM (9h delay between retail and STEAM)

so i wonder what's the point of Your post which was posted 10+ hours after STEAM was updated?

You need to realize that each step below takes time for STEAM release

1. patch preparation (building)

2. patch upload

3. patch test deployment

4. patch testing

5. patch deployment (world wide mirrors)

6. patch release

and take in mind there is so called "Valve Time" variable http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Edited by Dwarden