Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 86122

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[86122] Fixed: AI without weapon stuck when crouched (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16229)

[86114] Prevent crouched AI from sprinting (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24405)

[86060] New: A command line argument -par=filename can be specified to provide a parameter file (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26103)

[86059] New: Window title includes player name when running windowed to make testing with multiple instances easier.

:rolleyes:

It wasn`t fully uploaded... damn ISDN connection generation... ;)

-par isn't just for servers is it? Which means that starting the game with many mods suddenly became significantly simpler to manage.

-k

Which means that starting the game with many mods suddenly became significantly simpler to manage.

-k

That's the case for years already, they're called Launchers ;)

-par= works great and allows simple shortcuts on the desktop for different combinations of many mods.

Simple is good.... love it!

EDIT:

Observations so far...

-nosplash does not seem to work. If I include it in the file I still get the splash screens. If I leave it in the shortcut... it works as it should.

-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi does not seem to work as the .rpt file is showing tbb3malloc_bi as being selected. If I leave it in the shorcut...no problems.

Edited by twirly
Added stuff

-nosplash does not seem to work. If I include it in the file I still get the splash screens. If I leave it in the shortcut... it works as it should.
If I move -nosplash to the first line of the parameter file, it doesn't work for me either. Moving it to 2nd position or beyond makes -nosplash work as expected
-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi does not seem to work as the .rpt file is showing tbb3malloc_bi as being selected.
Possibly that's one of the limitations (as discussed in the CIT ticket)

If I move -nosplash to the first line of the parameter file, it doesn't work for me either. Moving it to 2nd position or beyond makes -nosplash work as expected[/url])

Confirmed.

Possibly that's one of the limitations (as discussed in the CIT ticket)

You're probably right.... but that limitation is under Pre build 86060 in the wiki.... nothing about it in the text for Post build 86060. It's not very clear at all.

Is it possible that these are not part of the latest beta patch by mistake?

I cannot see a config change nor additional/modified rtm files.

The are both fixed in the executable.

but that limitation is under Pre build 86060 in the wiki.... nothing about it in the text for Post build 86060. It's not very clear at all.
I wasn't very clear either. I tried to refer to the following statement on the CIT ticket:
Note: .par file does not (all will not) support some low level parameters, like -cpuCount, -malloc or -exthreads, as those need to be initialized before any file operations are done.
-malloc is possibly one of those low level parameters that will not work from the .par file.

I have played EW and got some total ai failure. Like an enemy lying next to the boss and not shooting. Someone aiming at me and doing nothing in a normal matter of time.

And at the end at the boat the enemies most of the time arrived but didn't directly attack.

I had increased the view distance to 5000 but the map is full of fog and my cpu should be fast enough (4.6 Ghz).

How can I check if the ai processing is overloaded? In any way the reason would be that mainly one core is used, the other ones only a little.

Anyway I got a lot of errors in my rpt:

Speed range bad: 2.029e+006..2.029e+006,-512000..-512000

What does this stand for?

And btw. why are animals shown as friendlies on the side? Is there any good reason for it and is it worth a bug report? It is really annoying especially in EW since there are many cows and rabbits. This should be an easy fix and a great enhancement for 1.60/1.61.

Edited by Black Russian

Is there any chance BIS reviews wheeled vehicles' wheels for 1.60 ?

I mean one 12.7 bullet or even less should blow up a wheel ,it's the case for some vehicles but unfortunately not all.

On the other hand, 12.7 hits almost anywhere on the hull of the BTR-70 pop the stupid tires and make the crew bail out.

Did somebody also notice that some missions use all cores equally for like 30% and some mainly one core with over 90% while the other are pretty low?

This is not specific to this beta but in general.

So do the mission designers have some influence on the ai threads?

When i check the rpt file,i find that allocator is Windows even when i put -malloc=tbb4malloc-bi

Any ideas ? or suggestions

When i check the rpt file,i find that allocator is Windows even when i put -malloc=tbb4malloc-bi

-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

Check dll folder

A2OA is working ok with TBB4.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Custom_Memory_Allocator

AI seems to have some issues to react on enemy units shooting at them or close to their feet. AI should at least react on bullets/grenade impacts eg moving into cover, scanning area and surpressing enemy or as default throwing smoke and moving away (fast) from current position to next waypoint.

this is from my .rpt

=====================================================================

== c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

== "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;EXPANSION;ca" -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -nosplash -world=empty -skipintro -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2011/11/04 18:50:50

Current time: 2011/11/06 12:05:10

Version 1.59.86122

Allocator: Windows

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

You realized that the 'dash' at the end of your command is not correct?

(should be a '_').

Alternative you can put only the dll you want to use in your folder

...expansion\beta\dll.

Edited by @ST