Sign in to follow this  
SAGEA

Where is the simulation

People who ask why all the whining:

When you buy something that promises authentic and realistic flight model, you expect to get that. When you realize you don't, you will whine. That's the way it is.

The developers can still fix this though, so let's wait for a while.

Here we expect more from the members, if you whine you definitely have to point what you feel is wrong and even better create a ticket with good repro/explanation in the bug tracker. This is called acting like an adult.

When you buy something that promises authentic and realistic flight model, you expect to get that.

But they did get that. It's just that they expected a full-blown srs bsns simulator because of those two words that promised none of that.

Is it more authentic and realistic compare to say, BF 3? or simcopter? Sure it is, and thats the hold point of this game, the developer already stated many time before in interview and even in forum posts saying what player should expect, and if you found yourself expecting more then that then you should ask yourself did you do enough research before buying things. Yes they did screw up some part of FM, but then again the developer even the CEO as always also come down and assure people who care that they are looking into it, hell they even write down a roadmap for it(finger crossed they make it true), there isn't much point beating the dead horse here.

Edited by 4 IN 1

hi,

Why not making a "Arcade" mode and "Simulation" mode!

Many "simmer" waiting for this software as a simulation because the simulation of helicopters are very rare!

I know the team of Bohemia made ​​beautiful things and I hope this "game" will become more like a simulation.

It's a good product, concept and story are really good, just missing the move to the next level for flight models and avionics.

"Has not anything really Aim this to do with the flight model"

Not to mention the avionics, the physics of flight of a helicopter that is very far from that of TOH, I can confirm it. Have had the opportunity to fly a helicopter?

topic closed for me, wait and see

I think that long term users of Bistudios products are having an easier time accepting this game for what it is. They build us the framework and give us the tools then the community builds the game into many different forms. Not a real pilot myself, find the flight model infinatly better than arma but despite understanding the theory of rotary flight I struggle on expert difficulty because i cant 'feel' the aircraft moving. Does seem to need a bit more work on mass and inertia modeling or something. I also wish the gauges\dash was a bit clearer. in a few months this game will be a vastly improved beasty. If you're genuinely hating it, give it a break, but do revisit it, you've allready spent the cash!

What is the difference with a helicopter in ArmA II.

After months of waiting nothing, and no difference with the beta!
We are light years of helicopter models on Xplane, FS2004 or FSX!
This is an arcade game, not a flight simulation
It better not compare the product with products like DCS KA-50, there will be a shock :eek:
I agree, if the term "arcade" was was clearly stated, I would not have purchased it.

Troll moar?

Either your rhetoric is way over the top, or you have a problem categorizing information.

The flight model is not 'arcade'. Whether it is super realistic or not, it is so far from arcade I'm wondering if you know what arcade actually means. And again, it is very far from ArmA 2's helicopter simulation.

Does a unrealistically slow rate of decent at flat pitch, an overstated roll tendency, or relatively unresponsive pedal input mean this thing is arcade or that there is no difference between this fm and ArmA 2s? These ridiculous statements are so strong that they are overshadowing any valid concern you may have. As you can see from the thread, it makes everyone want to argue with you.

At any rate, the devs have said that you can expect fm changes in patch two. If you want realistic radios and a full clickable cockpit with all systems working, you are in the wrong place and may as well go elsewhere.

My Fellow French Simmer,

TKOH's Flight model isn't perfect but it's really advanced, will improve even more and is eventually much more satisfying than FSX imho.

The system (button pushing,radio...) on the other hand is much more simplified, almost arcadish indeed. You have a point, but I don't mind as it allows to concentrate on the flight experience instead of the button smashing. As far as gauges are concerned, they are quite readable here, and no more generic than in X-plane as far as I can recall (it's been some time).

It has also been stated that these are archetype mash-up helicopters, not real ones. So does it really make sense to reproduce perfectly something that doesn't exist ?

Take on cannot be best at everything (flight model, avionics, environment, missions, story) but in my book it's a good mix if you look at the bigger picture vs what you can do in the other ones...

Courage !

well look at it like this, if you fly in golf airspace you don't even need to change the radios dials once it's set so who really cares about radios anyway? just press caplock in multiplayer it's the same thing except you don't have to hunker down to view the radio dials adjusting radio frequencies etc and probably crash your helo while doing that anyway. i always hated that in xplane and fsx.

As for radios, no doubt something like ACRE will turn up at some point. Like Arma the mods are likely to split between ultra realism simulation and more 'relaxed' interpretations of flying. Fine by me. It's going to take time but that's OK as I will be happy to be playing this 18-24 months down the line just like Arma.

I just replied to the dedi server post in Sickboys thread asking about ACRE modding. If its possible then online play would already unleash more reality with air traffic control or at a lower level coast guard having closed comms but ability to tune in and team up with local police and vice versa.

need pay day soon.

I like the game its not too focused on simulator and not too focused on being an arcade game.. its just, nice.

I agree, Hyype. In my opinion, bringing the game play back to sims is a refreshing break. This is how sims used to be... and I guess, if you were gaming in the 90s, this game would remind you of the epic and iconic simulation games of that period. At the end of their reign they were getting a little too lavish and grandiose iirc, and went out of fashion. I think bringing it back is a good move. Maybe the most hardcore simmers will never understand it, especially younger ones, but with luck, a lot of people of other gaming markets will 'get it'.

Guys don't forget that like Arma this game gives a wonderful base to work with.