Sign in to follow this  
comein

joystick setup problems

Hello,

I have a problems with the joystick setup, I think.

Anyway I configured my joystick in the setup, but in the training lessons the helicopter pivots from left to right, it's nearly impossible to fly straight ahead.

I own Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, too, and I think there I am a really good heli pilot. Yeah may it's not a good comparison, but I think the problem is actually the joystick configuration.

Further the pitch configuration is a problem for me.

I have on my joystick a throttle lever, which I use to ontrol the pitch.

But that make me problems.

If I set my throttle lever on joystick to 50%, my helicopter has a neutral pitch, so that he doesn't descend or climb. At 100% he climbs and at 0 he descends.

It is possible to set the configuration so that I have a 0 pitch in helicopter, if I set my throttle lever to 0 position, at 50 a light climb and at 100 full power on pitch? I think that would be a bit easier to control it.

I couldn't find out how to do.

Thanks

regards comein

Hmm, you want to have 0% joystick throttle to be 50% collective, and 100% joystick throttle to be 100% collective? So you cannot reach 0% collective?

But how do you descent or reduce speed (or both at the same time)? You will need the lower end of the collective for it.

And do you have expert flight model? This would explain your helicopter doing things you do not command, because your helicopter needs to be trimmed.

okay thanks. I think I have found now a configuration which works okay for me.

regards comy