Sign in to follow this  
fasterthanlight

Respawn choice and object height

I have a mission where I have the Khe Sanh and the Nimitz. Players spawn on both ships. Once a player is killed I would like an option screen to come up and offer a choice where to spawn to. (Thinking of the image of which MHQ to teleport to in Domination.)

I will need to add an object to the decks of the ships since a marker won't work. (ASL issue I believe)

That part should be easy.

How, where, and what do I do for this?

Hi

I have done a mission like this already, and got the spawn to work, I got to find the missions and have a look at it,

and then what i can do is send you a link to the mission so you can see how I did it, should give you a good example.

Actually I believe its a test mission, but I have 2 missions now that I think of it, I link them here so you can download them and check em out in the editor.

Back.

Found one mission, mission is called Occupied zone, it has several scripts.

Mission : Occupied Zone

Features in the mission:

-3 ways to respawn

1.on the carrier basic mp respawn (respawn_west)

2.menu respawn -(3 ways are hit cancel and stay where your at, or choose from menu)

-ups script (infantry patrols,planes and choppers)

-!alive trigger (used for the objectives, when you destroy an objective the marker on the map for that obj is deleted)

-Mechinf script http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13199

-LK Script Pack http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9023

to use this choose the commander role. When you get on the island then in your action menu it will say command, hit that,

and then deploy your lav, then drive it around to a suitable location and then deploy it, from there your action menu will expand and you can build all sorts of stuff.

-weapons respawn script (when you die you will have the last weapon and ammo you had)

-vehicle script (vehicles will respawn in so much time)

-cleanup script (script in my sig, it will delete all dead bodies and vehicles in about 60sec, which can be changed, look at the script)

-briefing script (nothing special just adds a short description of what your objective is, no task setup all obj are on map set as a

marker for each objective, destroy the obj and the marker gets deleted.)

Download:

mission is in a zip, in the zip is 2 files, one with a pbo,a dn one with just the folder you can put into the editor.

Note: this will work in sp but u prob wont respawn i havent tested, so it was built for mp.

Link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42601124/Occupied_Zone.utes.zip

The mission is not final, its just something i threw together earlier this year and never got around to finishing it but everything works as it should.

Any questions let me know.

Excellent!

1) Thank you for responding.

2) Thank you for responding with "why did you not search this?"

- I figured it was a one off respawn issue

3) Nice reply, well organized

I will look through your map, I really appreciate it.