Sign in to follow this  
coolts

TrackIR limits

I'm not sure why this has turned into a TRackIR forum but hey.......

... my issue is with Z-axis limits.

Starting the game in expert mode i really need to see those cockpit dials but when i lean forwards the head movement stops way before i can see any readings, (the fact that i am running at 2560x1440 doesnt help here but its the monitors native rez).

Can i improve and get a closer look at the dials by editing the in game curves or the trackir curves?

Or is this an ingame limit? When i hit the "zoom" key i can get a really REALLY close up look so i know its not an engine limit here.

You need to re-assign the TrackIR Z axis... I have mine mapped to "Continuous Zoom" (at least I think that's what it's called), then you can zoom in by leaning forward.

Thanks. Using zoom is better but not stable. We need the limits reduced. Hopefully the patch will sort this.

moving your head forward isn't zoom. It just gets your head closer so things are easier to read they don't grow bigger just cos you stick your nose closer. So its not a limits issue as you head is attached to your neck. You need to increase the curve near the end of the movement limit so it acts like zoom.

one thing that gets me with trackIR users why do they think leaning closer to some thing makes it grow bigger. Pay £30 for a game moan about this isn't right that's not real etc etc after paying £160 for something that puts there head into the game and don't realise that trackIR simulates your head and your head getting beyond its limits of your neck and shoulders making things grow bigger as you get closer is "REAL".

adjust the cyrve so once your at the limit if your neck/head movement the "zoom" kicks in. It one or the other not both. 6DOV count them!!

rant over.

Love trackIR sold it bought a flight control/throttle and went to freetrack.