Sign in to follow this  
roy86

Patrol Operations 2

A port I've been working on... (Reshmaan) - Video by [OCB]Lyndiman

Edited by CptDavo

A port I've been working on... (Reshmaan)

Great video - loved the music - dramatic effect in bucket-loads!

A port I've been working on... (Reshmaan) - Video by [OCB]Lyndiman

Loved this. Are you using something to change your FOV or just the FOV of the models? I feel the weapons take up a lot more screen my end!

Loved this. Are you using something to change your FOV or just the FOV of the models? I feel the weapons take up a lot more screen my end!

No FOV mod. I use trackir though as you can tell so maybe I'm just looking up over the weapon more...

No FOV mod. I use trackir though as you can tell so maybe I'm just looking up over the weapon more...

Ahh of course never thought of that — thanks anyways!

Hi,

Loaded up the ACR version on my server today. A couple of immediate issues;

1. The AI unit recruitment doesn't seem to work (in that no units appear in the window). I have ACR loaded on client and server (the vehicles in the compound appear OK).

2. The flag at the main base is a Union Flag and not the Czech flag ;-)

I also got an error with a 'protect the officer' mission - but I can't reproduce it, so I will give further details when I can. It said something like 'Error : No vehicle at Return point".

Thanks Jedra, I have removed the ACR version and will upload a new one tomorrow night +10GMT

I've made some more ports for the following: (ACE edition- Adds ACE ruckbox, HUNT IR and a few other little ACE features.) Some have been released, others are still in testing.

Sangin - BAF & USMC

Podagorsk - USMC

Capraia - US ARMY

Reshmaan - US ARMY

Clafghan- US ARMY

Note: Some of the missions have been tweaked to suit the map. Also they are currently in testing phase. Will not be released until I'm am satisfied they run alright.

Capraia:

*Requiring pilots to fly in assets(No more crewman only pilots) on the main island of operations from the airbase.

*Light vehicles only. (No apc's/tanks)

*Return Point is on the main island (in its own little base)

*No civilian vehicles

Sangin:

*In little FOB rather than airfield with only one chopper.

*Light and medium vehicles only. (No tanks)

Will plan to make more faction(AAW & BAF) support to some of the maps mentioned above.

Edited by CptDavo

I have downloaded the latest version of PO2 (2.04) and for some reason I cant get civilians to spawn in anywhere, the option is enabled for them in the settings. I had no issues in the previous ones with getting them to spawn.

I am also not seeing ambient civilians on Clafghan as well.

The init_mps_server.sqf has this coded:

// Ambient Civillians
if(AMBCIVILLIAN > 0 && count ALICE_MODULE > 0) then {
	MISSION_GroupLogic = createGroup sideLogic;
	ALICE = MISSION_GroupLogic createUnit [(ALICE_MODULE) select 0,[0,0,0],[],0,"NONE"];
	ALICE setVariable ["spawnDistance",500];
	ALICE setVariable ["ALICE_civilianinit",[{
		_this addEventHandler ["Killed",{
			_killer = _this select 1;
			if(side _killer == (SIDE_A select 0) ) then{ mission_commandchat = format["%1 killed a civilian!",name _killer]; publicVariable "mission_commandchat"; player commandchat mission_commandchat;};
		}];
	}]];
};

I do not see a ALICE ambient civilian module in the mission editor, although an ALICE ambient civilian vehicle is enabled and which does work (I see plenty of vehicles in towns, just no people).

Also, I am not sure how the IEDs work. Are some IEDs placed as land mines? I nearly ran some over last night.

The mps_func_ieds.sqf code has these class names for the IEDs:

mps_ieds = [
"Land_Misc_Garb_Heap_EP1",
"hiluxWreck",
"datsun01Wreck",
"datsun02Wreck",
"SKODAWreck",
"UAZWreck",
"BMP2Wreck",
"BRDMWreck"
];

But yet, I saw landmines along with these in-game.

Also, is the insurgent code located in the IED script? I think this is it.

if(random 1 > 0.6 && mps_ambient_insurgents) then {
		_ied spawn {
			waitUntil{ { side _x == (SIDE_A select 0) } count nearestObjects[position _this,["Man","LandVehicle"],800] > 0 && alive _this };
			_grp = [position _this,"INS",(2 + random 4),20,"standby"] call CREATE_OPFOR_SQUAD;
		};
	};

If I changed 0.6 to a number like 0.4, then will I have a greater chance of encountering insurgents?

Edited by AviatorMoser

Are your 'Ports' available to the public?

and any chance of seeing USMC as Bluefor.

/W

I've made some more ports for the following: (ACE edition- Adds ACE ruckbox, HUNT IR and a few other little ACE features.) Some have been released, others are still in testing.

Sangin - BAF & USMC

Podagorsk - USMC

Capraia - US ARMY

Reshmaan - US ARMY

Clafghan- US ARMY

Note: Some of the missions have been tweaked to suit the map. Also they are currently in testing phase. Will not be released until I'm am satisfied they run alright.

Capraia:

*Requiring pilots to fly in assets(No more crewman only pilots) on the main island of operations from the airbase.

*Light vehicles only. (No apc's/tanks)

*Return Point is on the main island (in its own little base)

*No civilian vehicles

Sangin:

*In little FOB rather than airfield with only one chopper.

*Light and medium vehicles only. (No tanks)

Will plan to make more faction(AAW & BAF) support to some of the maps mentioned above.

Edited by dondaddah

Are your 'Ports' available to the public?

and any chance of seeing USMC as Bluefor.

/W

Some variants have already been released on Dev Heaven. Stay tuned for a USMC version on Capraia, with a slight chance a USEC CH-53 maybe added as the MV-22 is not suited for it and a heavy lift chopper is required. USMC on Podagorsk is planned for release next week. Sangin is still in testing as I am not happy with it.

@spuddels and AviatorMoser I belive EightySix is working on a fix for that in 2.05. In the mean time if you want ALICE for clafghan pm me for the mission file with civilians enabled.

@AviatorMoser those landmines are one part of the mission tasks you need to complete. (Clear landmines) The insurgents usually are present around an IED location in order to ambush your convoy.

Might think about a USMC Reshmaan if there is enough demand.

Edited by CptDavo

Some variants have already been released on Dev Heaven. Stay tuned for a USMC version on Capraia, with a slight chance a USEC CH-53 maybe added as the MV-22 is not suited for it and a heavy lift chopper is required. USMC on Podagorsk is planned for release next week. Sangin is still in testing as I am not happy with it.

@spuddels and AviatorMoser I belive EightySix is working on a fix for that in 2.05. In the mean time if you want ALICE for clafghan pm me for the mission file with civilians enabled.

@AviatorMoser those landmines are one part of the mission tasks you need to complete. (Clear landmines) The insurgents usually are present around an IED location in order to ambush your convoy.

I see. Thanks, Davo.

ok guys hi to all of you!

When I open Patrol Ops file from armaholic site it gives me many RAR files with 2 files in it, where to paste them?

Sorry but i am noob in this case of problems :-)

Edited by nwhta

You have my vote for USMC in Reshmaan!

I also spent a few hours on your server playing Solo since nooneslse showed.

I did notice u disabled AI Recruiting so I had to go 'Rambo'. IF it's simple, can

U say here how to reEnable the AI Recruiting?

Also the Sangin version on the 'Custom Maps' Server wouldn't load.

Thanx again of the expanded gameplay!

IRIE!

ok guys hi to all of you!

When I open Patrol Ops file from armaholic site it gives me many RAR files with 2 files in it, where to paste them?

Sorry but i am noob in this case of problems :-)

Grab the .pbo file and move it to your mpmissions folder in your arma 2 directory. Typically C:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2\mpmissions. Keep in mind this is not a singleplyer mission. You will be able to create your own game through your in game multiplayer menu.

Hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Any plans for a Lingor version?

Yep, that and duala as well. Looking to have them in about 2 weeks or so.

Grab the .pbo file and move it to your mpmissions folder in your arma 2 directory. Typically C:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2\mpmissions. Keep in mind this is not a singleplyer mission. You will be able to create your own game through your in game multiplayer menu.

Hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Yep, that and duala as well. Looking to have them in about 2 weeks or so.

You got not only pbo files here.

You got some another files with map, where paste them?

I also spent a few hours on your server playing Solo since nooneslse showed.

I did notice u disabled AI Recruiting so I had to go 'Rambo'. IF it's simple, can

U say here how to reEnable the AI Recruiting?

Also the Sangin version on the 'Custom Maps' Server wouldn't load.

Thanx again of the expanded gameplay!

IRIE!

You can enable AI recruiting in the mission parameters when you launch it. The mission so it scales to the number of players, you should have no problems ramboing if you play right. We also encourage team play on our servers. (Get in an out at the right time) As mentioned previously, I'm not happy with Sangin just yet.

Here is some footage from Capraia Patrol Ops :cool: courtesy of [OCB]Lyndiman. - This is one of the smaller games we've had on the server. Awesome factor goes up by order of magnitude when you have even more players. (We even did a boat assault once or twice...)

Edited by CptDavo

Have played this a few times on our online server, and am enjoying it a lot - thanks for the work you have put in. Am really looking forward to Duala/Lingor variants.

I was playing solo late last night and so tried a stealthy approach to the 'destroy a chemical factory' task, but the defence prevented a lone wolf getting to the target, until I halo'd in right onto the roof, planted some C4 and then fell off, injury myself and having to crawl away. I blew up the building ok but a patrol decided it was my time to respawn. Great fun.

cj

Edited by cjph
Removing repeated lines !

Just added the BAF Tasikstan mission onto my server.. Absolute blast with 17 of us on last night.

Most of us have came from dayz, and seeing the potential that arma ii has, we love it..

It was the little things like being able to air lift a vehicle with the chinook that made it..

Just like to say thanks for the mission mate, will be adding more of the different ones shorty..

If you fancy having a blast, join murder inc clan & ocuk members, just 20 man at the moment, hopefully will increase as we go along..

Mods are acre and all dependincies..

Guys quick question about the params file..

I have tried changing the defaults within the file, uploading it and then restarting mission/server..

No matter what I do the default load in parameters are never what I have set them at, they always default back tote original settings supplied..

Any ideas, I could probably add the parameters within the cfg file, but I am trying to keep it as simple as possible for other admins..

Cheers

I have tried changing the defaults within the file, uploading it and then restarting mission/server..

No matter what I do the default load in parameters are never what I have set them at, they always default back tote original settings supplied..

Any ideas, I could probably add the parameters within the cfg file, but I am trying to keep it as simple as possible for other admins..

Cheers

I would also like to know which file to edit to change the default params — just for quicker setup etc.

Again — loving this mission.

You got not only pbo files here.

You got some another files with map, where paste them?

The pbo is the packaged mission, the other files are the unpacked mission. Move just the pbo files.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Cheers

Glad to hear your enjoying it guys and good luck with the clan marker.

Param defaults are set in mps\dialog\mps_params.sqf file

The line you edit inside for each parameter is

default=<value>

the value must equal one of the values in the line above it.

Cheers,

Thanks for the mission Roy...

Excuse the newbness..

Still learning through the editor etc..

So got to unpack the pbo, edit the file and repack the pbo..

I thought the extra folder was for calling in the scripts etc..

Got it now mate..

Best pbo packer to use, I have used pboviewer before, don't know if it will repack properly though..

Thanks

Edited by marker