Sign in to follow this  
roy86

Patrol Operations 2

Would I have to get someone that knows what they are doing with code to open the .pbo and edit the available weapons?

Not a whole lot of knowledge, it's rather simple.

Hi, I need some help with this mission. I have the steam version of arma2 and OA plus all DLC installed, and im using ACE. Whenever i start the mission it gives me an error: no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.ACE_M16A4_EOT'.

Then no matter what class i am it takes my weapon away and gives me some m16, then i cannot shoot. even if i change guns, or kill myself etc i can never shoot. Some very rare times it will magically fix itself.

Does anyone know what i might have done wrong or how to fix this?

I'm using the latest ACE version and i don't have problems with any other missions other than Patrol Ops. Which happens to be my favourite.

For my own personal SP use, repeat, my OWN use (thus no MP, no sharing, no posting it anywhere or sending it to anyone, nothing like that), I'm modding the PO Takistan US North version to be played as Independent instead. Turning these missions into East is easy, but I'm having problems with Independent.

My biggest problem is, what do I put in init_mps.sqf instead of the "west" part in "SIDE_A = [west,"BIS_US"];"? I put "guer" and then the side I'm using, but I'm having problems with being spammed with "capture a" missions. They just keep on piling, an open task upon open task even before the previous one has been completed, but not one task briefing states what I'm supposed to even capture. Then suddenly the mission ends "successfully" even though I haven't done anything.

Further I'm having problems with air patrol radars. I set it so I get the report that an air radar has been spawned, but I only get the message "no radar" instead.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Great mission as always. I am playing the vanilla Takistan missions and it seems the loadouts aren't quite correct when opting out of gear by rank. For instance, the MAWS and SMAW are not in the available launchers, even though the ammo appears.

When an AI engineer disables an IED, the IED model disappears but the IED will still explode when crossing its proximity.

After some help if possible, have change the vehicle which I want as the MHQ. In the mps_func_mhq_gettype have changed this to new class name. But problem is when I scroll deploy the vehicle disappears, it drops the ammo box ok. If anyone can let me know were I am going wrong would be great help.

Hey Rob,

I believe you have to configure the vehicle to carry ammo boxes. /mps/config/config_addons/config_vehicles_*

If it's a custom vehicle, you would need to add it to one of these config_vehicle files, and then you set the parameters for resupply, ammobox, cargo capacity, etc.

Thanks but still cant get it to work, my fault should have explained it is for Arma 3 port got everything else working just got to sort MHQ. Think one problem is when deployed Arma 3 as not got camo nets yet.

Anyone can help me to find were is list of recruitable ai units? I wanted to add some... Looked around but cant find it for some reason.

I searched the thread but did not find my answer. Does anybody plan on porting or making this mission from scratch for ArmA 3?

We have begun our development of Patrol Operations 3 for Arma 3. This will be released soon. We will not port PO2 as it is not optimised and we've learnt a lot of new scripting techniques that will bring a much better experience.

To be part of the testing, head over to OCB.net.au or watch the devheaven space.

I'm having problems with the ACE wounds version of PO2 in Chernarus. No one on my server can heal other players, and if they attempt to drag or carry an injured unit their "frozen" unable to move. I'm not really sure how to fix this but it's very annoying has anyone had a similar issue and know how to solve it?

EDIT: Thought I would add that loading PO2 in the editor for SP testing also disables dragging/carrying and healing for AI units. ACE Wounds works on all other missions that I try in editor/mp.

Edited by FelixK44

I figured out what was causing the glitch. It seems if the unit who initiates the dragging/carrying is holding a pistol their frozen from moving.

FIXED! Simple if anyone is interested go here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2135 place the script inside PO2 folder add the fix to the top of "mps_func_clienteventhandlers.sqf" now all you have to do is "Holster" your weapon if all you have is a pistol to prevent the frozen movement bug while dragging.

cheetah_holster_act = [] execVM "holster\gunControl.sqf";

Edited by FelixK44

Maybe its stupid question but its possible to port your mps_aas_loadout scripts to other mission? Iam looking for an plane loadout mod and this is what need me.

SOLVED!

fixed it with pbo manager.

mhh edited the map for our needs (sniper in teams) works as intended but as soon i "recompile" (without any errors) the map to .pbo it doenst show @map browser, uncompressed it shows up, try'd with those https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files tools...

any hints?

or is there any other way for team management?

Edited by yxman

For the life of me i cant find the patrol ops for unsung vietnam i dont know how to mod it whatsoever, but if someone could be generous enough to give me a link id love you forever..

Hey guys i got a question regarding the Opfor enemies in the game, is it possible for me to see and edit the enemies numbers or change it to Blu for? i wanted to do a RUS vs US patrol ops by swapping the side in patrol ops but no luck :( someone pls enlighten me! thx a bunch.

When trying to run patrol_ops_205_usmc_n_ace.Chernarus.pbo I get the following error:

14:18:22 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.JSRS_MT5

Looks like it needs to be edited and saved again without Jarheads sound mod active

Tried patrol_ops_205_co_usa_n_ACE.Takistan.pbo and that seems to run fine without JSRS. Haven't had time to test the others yet.

Thanks for that fixed. Must of missed that when I was uploaded the files. :cool:

Fixed Cherno ACE and Wounds version.

Strangely, the version of patrol_ops_205_usmc_n_ace.Chernarus.pbo that I downloaded from Armaholic just yesterday suffered this very same error.

I suppose if I de-pbo it, open it in editor without JSRS running and then re-compile it that might fix it?

Strangely, the version of patrol_ops_205_usmc_n_ace.Chernarus.pbo that I downloaded from Armaholic just yesterday suffered this very same error.

I suppose if I de-pbo it, open it in editor without JSRS running and then re-compile it that might fix it?

That should do it. (Just remove the addon requirement line in the mission.sqm file)

That should do it. (Just remove the addon requirement line in the mission.sqm file)

Thank you.

I sent a note to Roy asking if it was okay to de-pbo it. I see you are an OCB officer. Can I take your response as a thumbs up to de-pbo it and try to learn from the magic under the hood?

I'm taking my first baby steps into mission making. Long-term I would love to create a dynamic mission that integrates some of the features in patrol ops, some of them from War in Takistan, but with a framework inspired by the "LOST" mission by MarkB50K: a solo play guerilla survival mission in which the player must carefully piece together a fighting force and 'take back' the island.

I've just downloaded patrol_ops_205_usmc_n_WOUNDS.Chernarus from dev-heav, and the mission fails, due to missing medical box script. any ideas?

Edited by nailz
added mission name... duh