Sign in to follow this  
roy86

Patrol Operations 2

That looks awesome!

Thanks for the tips on the params! Sorry to be a nag — is there anywhere I can change the amount of AI that spawn? I mostly play offline with AI recruitment on. Then I get a small amount of Opfor spawning at each objective. Is there a way to dupe the mission into thinking there is maybe 2-3 players on the server so it spawns more AI Opfor?

Sorry for the lack of technical terms! :)

That looks awesome!

Thanks for the tips on the params! Sorry to be a nag — is there anywhere I can change the amount of AI that spawn? I mostly play offline with AI recruitment on. Then I get a small amount of Opfor spawning at each objective. Is there a way to dupe the mission into thinking there is maybe 2-3 players on the server so it spawns more AI Opfor?

Sorry for the lack of technical terms! :)

If you depbo the mission, in the mps folder there should be an mps.init, open that with a text editor like notepad and edit the parameters for minimum infantry. (It is labelled :cool:)

If you depbo the mission, in the mps folder there should be an mps.init, open that with a text editor like notepad and edit the parameters for minimum infantry. (It is labelled :cool:)

Awesome thanks for that. Few beers tonight and get this sorted!

USMC Variants added to Dev Heaven. Please note they may have some bugs, that maybe the result of the map layout. (eg. Capraia some times spawns an objective at the Island name marker in the bottom right hand corner of the map, will eventually try to fix them.) Updated versions of Capraia and Reshmaan US ARMY.(Just some base layout detailing mainly)

Looking at creating a port for: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15974 Green lit :cool:

Will not be posting Podagorsk and Sangin PO2 due to issues with the framework and the map.

Edited by CptDavo

Hi davo

First of all, patrol ops is an amazing series of missions mate, congrats...

One quick question, if I wanted to add the rangers model from daveyranger and seals models. What would I change within the pbo file?

Also, if you allow me, would I be able to upload somewhere along with credits etc..

Looking forward to uploading Reshmaan tonight and giving it a blast!

Thanks again.

Edited by marker

Hi davo

First of all, patrol ops is an amazing series of missions mate, congrats...

One quick question, if I wanted to add the rangers model from daveyranger and seals models. What would I change within the pbo file?

Also, if you allow me, would I be able to upload somewhere along with credits etc..

Looking forward to uploading Reshmaan tonight and giving it a blast!

Thanks again.

Have to also thank EightySix for his outstanding framework allowing these ports to happen. That would just change the mission requirements. I would recommend avoiding using custom units to increase accessibility and use replacement packs instead. (Client side mod)

Something like this.

Edited by CptDavo

I don't want to report this as a bug just yet unless others can confirm this.

This pertains to v2.04. I don't see any civs or insurgents at all in my 2.04 missions noticed on Takistan and QOM Province. I always turn on civs and insurgents and I've haven't yet run into any of them. I did on 2.03. It could be complete coincidence based on how they are spawned but on both maps flying around the entire map anywhere away from the objective and I never run into anything. Note, I do also save a multiplayer game and come back to it so not sure if this could potentially have something to do with it but I believe even before saving and returning I have never run into either.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Yep, confirmed. The mission will not generate civ population for some versions even though it is on in params. Working on the fix now.

Thx for this nice Mission. I really like it.

And thx for porting it to Reshmaan Province:)

For those who want to check out my next patrol ops port I am currently working on. OCB is hosting a community night for the public to participate in some tactical action.

Come if you dare.

What: Patrol Ops 2.04 Tigeria Special Edition

Faction: USMC

When: 07 Sep 2012 19:30 (AEST/ GMT+10 DST)

Mods: ACE, ACEX, ACRE, ACEX_USNAVY,Jayarma2lib

Map: http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=15974

Server: [OCB]Custom Maps and Mods Server

Teamspeak (Required for ACRE): ocb.net.au

Edited by CptDavo
details details details.

Anyone ever had a problem not being able to fire or throw any type of grenade?

Just got the server running vanilla, no mods installed and no matter what patrol ops mission I load in, we cannot fire.

Vehicles can fire, but not any person!

Was working last night, just stopped working today, fid a reinstall, updated to 1.62, tried a beta patch.

My configs haven't changed. Doesn't mention anything in the rpt file!

Any help?

Thanks

I have been playing the BAF Chernarus MP solo with AI without any problems up until now.

The mission is "clear 6 mines with C4s". After detonating all 6 mines the mission did not end, plus graphically you can still see the mines.

Previously with v2.03 I had no problems with this mission.

Using the latest beta patch 96584.

Just got the server running vanilla, no mods installed and no matter what patrol ops mission I load in, we cannot fire.

Was working last night, just stopped working today, fid a reinstall, updated to 1.62, tried a beta patch.

Try reloading your gun.

My configs haven't changed. Doesn't mention anything in the rpt file!

Any help?

Thanks

If you are in the base, There is a handler removing any projectile your soldier fires if your near respawn. Added to stop people from joining and shooting up everyone while the admin handles them.

Also make sure the weapon is loaded.

Cheers

Appreciate that mate..

I could swear I could shoot in the base the last few nights... Getting old sux :)

Yep, confirmed. The mission will not generate civ population for some versions even though it is on in params. Working on the fix now.

Thanks Roy86. Noticed this on Zargabad as well I think in case you didn't know.

Occasionally on some servers running Patrol Ops I get a message stating that I am not running CBA. Does Patrol Ops require the CBA Mod or is this just some server operators having the CBA mod loaded.

Some servers usually run CBA as the other mods server side requires CBA.

Also some footage from yesterday night from [OCB]Lyndiman:

Edited by CptDavo

Where do I edit if I wanted to change the IED's from just blown up vehicles to lets say like...Trash, or weird objects. Where would I find the classnames to edit the current objects? thanks in advance.

Edited by Whyte_Out
Misspell

Where do I edit if I wanted to change the IED's from just blown up vehicles to lets say like...Trash, or weird objects. Where would I find the classnames to edit the current objects? thanks in advance.

In the "mps_func_ieds.sqf" file located in \mps\func

Is there any chance to get new locations with the game logic logations into the map?

Edited by gaehn

Thank you CptDavo, will check it out later and let you know how it goes...much appreciated.

How does one go about to disable all the missions (ie. editing the mission files) where you first have to search dead bodies to find something to blow up?