Sign in to follow this  
roy86

Patrol Operations 2

...any issues, please PM me. most is explained on the Dev-heaven PO WIKI...

Sorry Roy, after looking over the wiki again and the mission.sqm I really can't see the problem. Doesn't seem to be a syntax error but no matter what vehicle_respawn.sqf is not found. Even tried moving the script up to the same level as mission.sqm and changing the path in the execVM statements but no joy. I've sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

There are 2 critical bugs i would like to mention for v2.03, appears in both Lingor & Takistan versions.

1) Whenever I get wounded and when I'm crouched or prone, I would appear to be invisible to the other players(underground), but it appears normal on my own screen (not invisible).

This happens to other players too when they get wounded.

2) ACE medical system seems to be bugged & acting strangely. At some point of time nobody including the medics can heal anyone else, and I can't heal myself too.

There are 2 critical bugs i would like to mention for v2.03, appears in both Lingor & Takistan versions.

1) Whenever I get wounded and when I'm crouched or prone, I would appear to be invisible to the other players(underground), but it appears normal on my own screen (not invisible).

This happens to other players too when they get wounded.

2) ACE medical system seems to be bugged & acting strangely. At some point of time nobody including the medics can heal anyone else, and I can't heal myself too.

Hi, We have also had this problem. We fixed it by removing the ACE wounds script in - mps_func_detect_ace. We then added the full ACE 1.9.2 ACE revive script and also added the ACE modules to the map.

I think to get ACE working fully you need to make a full dedicated ACE version.

We have also make a PvP version were there are 6 Opfor player slots- This is ACE and ACRE with ACE revives, this seems to be popular with in our clan. This version is on our map Sangin/Helmand (Hellskitchen) @ 3para server.

---------- Post added at 09:02 ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 ----------

Sorry forgot to add that we have a PvP No ACE version which uses norrin revive.

Roy- couple of other features we added-

Alice modules- Car bomb script added so some of the random car in towns explode. Also we use civilian death counter script this is set to 30 civie deaths, makes blufor PID there targets first.

MSO road block script- we use this to add in a few enemy roadblocks.

MSO town marker- this helps in PvP identify which town people are in.

sweet, thanks for the feedback guys.

i will make a dedicated ACE release including ACE wounds to fix all that.

Time is limited though so i'll release as soon as i can.

Cheers,

Hi Roy ,

is there still any Chance for a Inv44 Version of Patrol Ops ?

~S~

Rygar

Is the ACE fix listed for wounds above a fix for sinking in ground? If not, anyone know where to find the fix>?

If I remember right Roy the problem with body's going into the ground was caused by a hidebody command somewhere in the killed section..

cant remember where though

Hello. I have a problem with that mission:

After completion of the any first task, new task never appears. So there is always green task in journal, and then nothing happens.

Running Arma 2 CO with latest beta patch, listen server

How do i fix that?

Thanks in advance

Im not sure if this was mentioned before but there are some things that should be fixed.

Playing with ACE

1. Cant see what is the time, like pressing O which shows your watch on screen, also when on field you cant open GPS or atleast on map GPS that shows grid coordinates.

2. No "gear" option at MHQ, so the driver can save his gear because ACE will kick it outside or into "Show Cargo".

3. Apache can have max 38 rockets but at resupply point it only reloads 28, not sure for other helicopters.

4. There was once when i tried to take sandbag wall and drop it i got stuck into "Carrying wounded soldier" position.

5. When flying an A10, crosshair is not alligned, aim with little plus shaped thing in the middle of the circle at your target and fire, you will see tracers going 2-3 cm left of your plus shaped crosshair.

Running patrol ops on a public server is a great experience and people love to play. However, alot of the newer players go straight to the aircraft and completely destroy all aircraft or strand them in places. Anyone know how to implement Xenos Lock/Unlock fsm and scripts to allow admins to lock/unlock vehicles?

Hi Roy ,

is there still any Chance for a Inv44 Version of Patrol Ops ?

~S~

Rygar

Yep, i am committed to making a version.

Is the ACE fix listed for wounds above a fix for sinking in ground? If not, anyone know where to find the fix>?

working on it :)

Hello. I have a problem with that mission:

After completion of the any first task, new task never appears. So there is always green task in journal, and then nothing happens.

Running Arma 2 CO with latest beta patch, listen server

How do i fix that?

Thanks in advance

Tasks can take a couple of mins to appear depending on your server load. If it never appears, check your server log and message me the task it was trying to create.

Hi,

Is there any progress to the fixed update?

Not yet, I'm swamped with work so have had no time to touch it yet.

Im not sure if this was mentioned before but there are some things that should be fixed.

Playing with ACE

1. Cant see what is the time, like pressing O which shows your watch on screen, also when on field you cant open GPS or atleast on map GPS that shows grid coordinates.

2. No "gear" option at MHQ, so the driver can save his gear because ACE will kick it outside or into "Show Cargo".

3. Apache can have max 38 rockets but at resupply point it only reloads 28, not sure for other helicopters.

4. There was once when i tried to take sandbag wall and drop it i got stuck into "Carrying wounded soldier" position.

5. When flying an A10, crosshair is not alligned, aim with little plus shaped thing in the middle of the circle at your target and fire, you will see tracers going 2-3 cm left of your plus shaped crosshair.

Hi Matos

1. make sure you have those items in your gear list as they will only appear if they are there.

2. this is not a feature of patrol ops

3. Helo re-arming should be disabled in ace. i'll re-check the script to ensure this is working.

4. yep, can happen occasionally but when re-dropped will fix

5. This is not an effect caused by the mission scripting. this will be with the aircraft model.

There is a new update coming with some optimsed tweaks, also an Ace version will be released with Ace wounding and all ace vehicles/units by popular request.

I'll try to action all requests (within reason :p). Thanks for making patrol ops so popular and I will continue to optimse and add to it based on your feedback.

Cheers,

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Running patrol ops on a public server is a great experience and people love to play. However, alot of the newer players go straight to the aircraft and completely destroy all aircraft or strand them in places. Anyone know how to implement Xenos Lock/Unlock fsm and scripts to allow admins to lock/unlock vehicles?

Definitely something i have to add in. We've noticed the same thing on our OCB public servers. Keep the feedback coming :)

Cheers,

Hi Matos

1. make sure you have those items in your gear list as they will only appear if they are there.

2. this is not a feature of patrol ops

3. Helo re-arming should be disabled in ace. i'll re-check the script to ensure this is working.

4. yep, can happen occasionally but when re-dropped will fix

5. This is not an effect caused by the mission scripting. this will be with the aircraft model.

1. Already had it in gear. Compass and GPS (when in vehicle with GPS) only work.

5. It happend few times, dont know, in editor works fine.

USMC (A2 Free) - Coming

hurry up roy..please

Edited by Persian MO

Would be possible to make another parameter, when you get shot, you fall on ground a wait for revive. You dont die you have to wait for teammate for revive.

I've noticed that in Patrol Operation 2 the radio chatter with AIs is disabled. Is there a way to enable it? It's quite annoying not being able to get any feedback from AI nor being able to hear confirmations that AI have received correct orders.

We had a mission come up for the second time that is impossible to complete. It's the mission of obtaining info and destroying crashed UAV. It spawns underwater in the southwest of Chernarus. Not sure if there is anyway that can be blacklisted.

Also, are the missions for Qom and Clafgan complete? I do not get 32 players, and when played alone I have AI from start and they don't listen :confused: or are stuck behind barriers.

Besides that we have had a nearly bug free experience. And have had many incredible missions. It's been my favorite mission so far, thanks for all your hard work. I'll be watching for more!

Had a few problems :

• Ensure vip gets to fob. We put him in a stryker with two bradleys for support, we got to objective and he was not in the vehicle lol. So had to restart Server.

• Transport the crate to the top of the mountain and erect a new tower, we looked everywhere for that crate no sign anywhere..

Is there a way to stop fools, taking aircraft like the a10 at start flying crashing, then leaving server? so frustrating.

mission stuck on first mission deploy tower. next mission never happens had to restart server.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

AGain we are getting frustrated with it, transport two cargo to Anwar, we did and nothing happens, mission stuck serevr restart again... Patrol ops 2 seems like more hassle than fun.

We also did 3 missins and it said end of game? with player cutscenes? what gives?

Edited by oO Para Oo

I've noticed that in Patrol Operation 2 the radio chatter with AIs is disabled. Is there a way to enable it? It's quite annoying not being able to get any feedback from AI nor being able to hear confirmations that AI have received correct orders.

Hi kiberkiller, Grab a radio from the ammobox. I've added it back in to a players gear by default in 2.04.

We had a mission come up for the second time that is impossible to complete. It's the mission of obtaining info and destroying crashed UAV. It spawns underwater in the southwest of Chernarus. Not sure if there is anyway that can be blacklisted.

Also, are the missions for Qom and Clafgan complete? I do not get 32 players, and when played alone I have AI from start and they don't listen :confused: or are stuck behind barriers.

Besides that we have had a nearly bug free experience. And have had many incredible missions. It's been my favorite mission so far, thanks for all your hard work. I'll be watching for more!

Hi PlacidPaul

I've updated the position script to check for that now.

Qom and Clafgan are under trials by OCB members at the moment. Will release shortly.

Mission should not be run as single player or from the mission editor as AI from the start will not be able to leave the closed in area. In MP, they are the reserved slots for additional players. You should recruit your squad from the recruit point.

Had a few problems :

• Ensure vip gets to fob. We put him in a stryker with two bradleys for support, we got to objective and he was not in the vehicle lol. So had to restart Server.

• Transport the crate to the top of the mountain and erect a new tower, we looked everywhere for that crate no sign anywhere..

Is there a way to stop fools, taking aircraft like the a10 at start flying crashing, then leaving server? so frustrating.

Hi Para,

In the VIP mission, you successfully delivered him, but the script waits for all Players to vacate the area before completing. Odd i know... I've fixed this in the next release.

Tower's Shipping container spawns at the "Return Point" Marker and is a sole container that can be deployed into a tower.

in 2.04 Admin will now have the ability to lock vehicles and then reset them back to their original position if they have been moved.

mission stuck on first mission deploy tower. next mission never happens had to restart server.

AGain we are getting frustrated with it, transport two cargo to Anwar, we did and nothing happens, mission stuck serevr restart again... Patrol ops 2 seems like more hassle than fun.

We also did 3 missins and it said end of game? with player cutscenes? what gives?

Clear the area after the task has been completed in 2.03 as the task script doesn't finish until that condition is met. This is fixed in 2.04 which is in final testing.

Make sure you are delivering the containers less than 20m from the objective marker with both containers at the point, inside the base.

Number of tasks are a mission parameter (3 is default). This can be adjusted at mission startup from 1-99 tasks.

I appreciate your feedback, it allows me to focus on what is needed. Every mission has its bugs/quirks though and i'm working as fast as i can to correct them.

Pure ACE version with wounds is in final testing.

A2Free version is almost done, just working on the 3D Hud.

AAW version is in testing.

I44 version is on its way.

Please watch the Dev-Heaven Project for updates on progress

Cheers

Edited by roy86

Hi kiberkiller, Grab a radio from the ammobox. I've added it back in to a players gear by default in 2.04.

Oh! I didn't notice that you start without a radio.

I was searching though Partol Ors's AI related scripts to find some sort of code that disables them talking. Now I feel dumb.

I have one more question. Is there a way to disable built-in injury system? I want to use COSLX_Wounds instead but it gets overridden by AIS.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

And maybe one more question, is it planned to allow AI to HALO jump with you?

I always play PO2 with AI and long distance travel is a bit of a pain in the ass.

[/color]And maybe one more question, is it planned to allow AI to HALO jump with you?

I always play PO2 with AI and long distance travel is a bit of a pain in the ass.

I also play with AI and this would be a great feature to have — even if it's a parameter maybe? (to stop MP spamming AI bots from the skies!)

Oh! I didn't notice that you start without a radio.

I was searching though Partol Ops's AI related scripts to find some sort of code that disables them talking. Now I feel dumb.

I have one more question. Is there a way to disable built-in injury system? I want to use COSLX_Wounds instead but it gets overridden by AIS.

To disable the injury system, go to the mps\init_mps_client.sqf file and comment out the line:

player spawn mps_injury_sys_init;

Sorry to butt in where do I find the latest BAF Patrol ops version?

Its on the OCB servers only at the moment while we test. 2.04 will be released with the full list of supported maps with factions including USMC/US,BAF&PMC, AAW and later I44

I also play with AI and this would be a great feature to have — even if it's a parameter maybe? (to stop MP spamming AI bots from the skies!)

Thy will be done. So it shall be ;)

Cheers,

To disable the injury system, go to the mps\init_mps_client.sqf file and comment out the line:
player spawn mps_injury_sys_init;

Thy will be done. So it shall be ;)

Cheers,

Thanks and thanks. It's gonna be amazing.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and AI doesn't follow me either when I'm relocating to/from an MHQ. They should do that as well.