Sign in to follow this  
roy86

Patrol Operations 2

Cant wait :)

Hey roy i have a question for you if you dont mind :)

Im making an edited version still :)

And i have 2 bases set up with BAF and USA i would like to place an ammobox_west at each base.

But not sure how I would call the second ammobox I have tried ammobox_west and ammobox_west_1 but that doesnt work

Any help would be great thanks

BL1P

Hi BL1P,

Place a marker in the map, call it whatever you like. E.G. NEWAMMO

at the bottom of the init.sqf file add the following line:

["NEWAMMO"] call mps_ammobox;

you can use a position array [x,y,z], marker name "MARKER" or a location in the function to call an ammobox at that location that will refill periodically with the ammo specified in the configuration criteria.

Cheers,

Hi BL1P,

Place a marker in the map, call it whatever you like. E.G. NEWAMMO

at the bottom of the init.sqf file add the following line:

["NEWAMMO"] call mps_ammobox;

you can use a position array [x,y,z], marker name "MARKER" or a location in the function to call an ammobox at that location that will refill periodically with the ammo specified in the configuration criteria.

Cheers,

Thanks alot m8 that helped alot.

Hi Roy!

How's it going? We're waiting on baited breath heheheh

Me too. Especially when I heard that Duala is supported. In fact it might a good idea to add a spoiler in your first post that lists the supported maps.

Me too. Especially when I heard that Duala is supported. In fact it might a good idea to add a spoiler in your first post that lists the supported maps.

Today I'm going to start experimenting with a few ideas I had to add some danger to the mix. You guys may want to consider these too:

- When SCUD mission fails, 2 random scuds are dropped on base. (I was thinking just camcreate a shell at 100ft or so randomly within the base. My vehicles respawn once an hour and some up to 4 hours. An attack like will make the mission much more urgent :P

- OPFOR randomly occupies towns. This allows for surprise attacks. (Driving through a town you didn't expect resistance in and BAM ambush

- Enabled the missions that I'm assuming were WIP, particularly the town defense mission. Added a SLEEP 1800 before squads begin to spawn. This is to allow the player to dig in and prepare a proper defense. What I THINK may be the random amount of waves I've set to minimum 8.

- occasional small harrassment squads attack base calibrated to player number

- destroy roughly 60% - 65% of all buildings to give Takistan a more 'war torn' feel.

I modified a snippet I found online:

private ["_cityPos","_nearHouses","_percent"];

_cityPos = _this select 0;

_dst = _this select 1;

_percent = _this select 2;

//building damage

_nearHouses = nearestObjects[_cityPos, ["house"], _dst];

{

if (round(random 100) <= _percent) then

{

_x setDamage 1;

}

else

{

_x setDamage 0.8;

};

}foreach _nearHouses;

and triggerred it via ANYBODY trigger on the map. Doesn't appear to be working but I'll analyze the problem later today.

- Most important i've noticed that ACE DRASTICALLY increases FPS. Before letting the mission run for 2-3 days would bring the server to roughly 10-15fps whereas now it is around atleast 30-40. (stays on 50 for atleast 1 day) Not sure what the deals is but the performance is really noticeable.

Hi Roy!

How's it going? We're waiting on baited breath heheheh

Missions are all built, ported and working great. Just tweaking task scripts based on feedback from testing with OCB members.

I will release it after we've tested those last few, so looking like it will be end of next week or so. Just swamped with work so have to find the time to tweak it.

I can do that. Duala is supported, so is Lingor, Clafgan, Ceil2, Sangrin accross varying faction types.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Today I'm going to start experimenting with a few ideas I had to add some danger to the mix. You guys may want to consider these too:

<EDITED SUMMARY='ALOT OF SUGGESTIONS'>

I've added a few similar scripts for the harrassment squads already. I like your idea of pre-occupied towns.

As for the scud, you would be suprised how many admins restart the mission saying its was a "hacker" who did that. Was in the original patrol ops but was removed by request.

Not sure about the ACE FPS. Rarely play without it anymore, but haven't noticed a performance dip on vanilla.

Cheers,

Hi roy.

Do you have any plans for the ability to select the score needed for ranks.

As in will we be able to make getting ranks take longer via a param or something similar for longer games.

[/color]

I've added a few similar scripts for the harrassment squads already. I like your idea of pre-occupied towns.

As for the scud, you would be suprised how many admins restart the mission saying its was a "hacker" who did that. Was in the original patrol ops but was removed by request.

Not sure about the ACE FPS. Rarely play without it anymore, but haven't noticed a performance dip on vanilla.

--

Cheers,

Ah fools! That's when it gets good! When you start running out of ammo and vehicles and you're forced to capture enemy ones. That's why I have the player storage.

Soldiers are inevitably inherent souvenir keepers ;)

Hi I hope you can help.

Have tried to get the ArmA2Free version to work using a dedicated server with no mods but wont even load map.

Has anyone else had this issue or any ideas what may be causing it?

Hi roy.

Do you have any plans for the ability to select the score needed for ranks.

As in will we be able to make getting ranks take longer via a param or something similar for longer games.

Not yet. I have it on my list to do but havn't played around to much with it yet.

Hi I hope you can help.

Have tried to get the ArmA2Free version to work using a dedicated server with no mods but wont even load map.

Has anyone else had this issue or any ideas what may be causing it?

Not sure what error your getting, its been running on ours fine. check you actually have the free version as there are two Chernarus versions. One Free, one with Combined Ops content. most likely is you have the wrong one.

I'd recommend waiting until 2.03 is released anyway. I've updated the Free version to be inline with the rest.

Cheers,

Looks great, I think I'll play around with and try to port it to my unit's modpack..

Question, is it possible to remove the added HUD?

Looks great, I think I'll play around with and try to port it to my unit's modpack..

Question, is it possible to remove the added HUD?

Hi Khaki, yes thats very simple. in mps\init_mps_client.sqf comment out/remove the following lines

// Initialise the Player HUDs
[] spawn mps_func_hud_teamlist;
[] spawn {
	mps_player_list = []; sleep 10;
	while {true} do {
		{
			if( ((side _x) == (playerSide)) && (_x IN (playableUnits+switchableunits)) && !(_x in mps_player_list) && _x != player ) then {
				mps_player_list = mps_player_list + [_x];
				_x spawn mps_func_hud_3d;
			};
		} foreach allUnits;
		{ if !(_x IN (playableUnits+switchableunits)) then { mps_player_list = mps_player_list - [_x]; }; } forEach mps_player_list;
		sleep 20;
	};
};

this will prevent the team list on the right and the 3d hud from ever being generated.

Also to not generate the rank hud, remove the following from the same file

// Initialise the Ranking System for players
player spawn mps_rank_hud;

Then to remove the Patrol Ops title from the top of the screen, go to mps\dialogs\mps_titles.sqf and change "Patrol Ops 2" to either "" or something else.

cheers,

Edited by roy86

thanks for the hard work *YoInK*

edit:

can I suggest adding a trigger from the blog link below so we can switch play between all teammates set as the leader?

trigger

onTeamSwitch {group player selectLeader player};

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.com/2011/04/arma-2-old-dog-new-tricks-be-every.html

Edited by BlueWolf
I like to re read and proof edit and re read my posts

thanks for the hard work *YoInK*

edit:

can I suggest adding a trigger from the blog link below so we can switch play between all teammates set as the leader?

trigger

onTeamSwitch {group player selectLeader player};

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.com/2011/04/arma-2-old-dog-new-tricks-be-every.html

Hi Wolf, I believe that would only work in singleplayer. Wouldn't work in a multiplayer environment.

Cheers,

Patrol Ops 2.03 Released

First batch of missions have been released on the Dev-Heaven Project space.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/patrol-ops/files

Changes:

Bug #26212: Server load results in low FPS

Bug #26362: BattleEye Client Disconnection on "Recieving" Screen

Bug #26818: MTVR with attached container disappears after airdrop

Bug #26872: No Heal Option for Player Team Leader using Ace Wounds

Bug #27464: Airdrop of vehicles sometimes drops them at [0,0]

Bug #29519: recruit_lifecycle.fsm not found

Bug #29650: JIPs will not see newly deployed crates (Error select: Type Side, expected Array,Config entry | init_mps_client.sqf, line 124)

Feature #25731: Players can add a silencer to weapons

Feature #26522: Progress bar for missions and alerts

Feature #26574: Add redundancy for no object types found

Feature #26711: Change infantry to 2x 9 man squads with standard US and 1x delta force squad

Feature #26873: Redeployment Option available at MHQ

Feature #27401: Limited Halo Drops to increase player usage of healing transports

Feature #29524: Mission fails if too many players are killed in the area of operations

Feature #29986: Team killers are turned into chickens

Feature #29987: Friendly AI have weapons removed on death

Feature #30033: CAS Aircraft customisable loadout

Support #26530: Update Logistics Config for BIS vehicles

Support #26694: Detect mission distance to base to restrict possible locations so closer to base

Support #27465: Balance Gear + add additional ACE gear

Support #29525: Revise accessible gear dependancy on player rank

Support #29687: Add support for new map editions

Support #30361: Increase liftable object types for the lift chopper

Task #25726: Upgrade Existing Missions

Task #25727: Add additional Mission Scenarios

And many more little tweaks and changes.

Please report bugs to me asap so i can fix. This has been a long time coming and have survived two recent computer crashes.

I will only bug fix from now until ArmA 3 is released.

Other maps and factions will be released shortly in little updates.

U.S. Army (A2+OA)

• Clafgan - Released
  • Takistan - Released
  • Duala - Coming
  • Qom Province - Released

USMC (A2+OA)

• Chernarus - Released
  • Lingor - Released

BAF (CO+BAF)

• Takistan (+USA Special Forces) - Released
  • Chernarus (+USMC Special Forces) - Coming

ISAF Deployments

• Celle 2 (USMC + BAF) - Coming
  • Lingor (USMC + BAF) - Released
  • Sangrin Province (USMC + BAF) - Coming

USMC (A2 Free) - Coming

I hope you enjoy the new version.

Cheers,

Eightysix

Hey, first of all this mission is awesome I love the dynamic objectives.

I was wondering if its possible to change it so any class can use any weapon? I know its unrealistic but for my clan we would like to practice different weapons and its the perfect map to do it on.

I also seem to not be able to grab a backpack as a team leader? Is this a bug?

Thanks

I also seem to not be able to grab a backpack as a team leader? Is this a bug?

Thanks

Are you using A2 units? (Its a bug with A2 units(eg. USMC, RU) not being able to use backpacks, ACE backpacks should be fine though)

Hi. Had a go at this with a group I usually game with lastnight and it was absolutely fantastic. Beautiful detail in the FOB and nice variance of mission type. One thing we ran into was accidentally flipping over an atv at the base. Wondering if it would be possible to incorporate a vehicle flip script in there. Otherwise everything was flawless. Great work!

Hi Roy,

Got a small bug for you that I believe is an easy one to fix, the sound you get when a task is assigned is now in the media folder but the script is looking in the old location.

One other thing that is causing me grief and perhaps you can help with, I depbo'd the clafghan mission (stupidly didn't notice the lingor one) and by editing the mission.sqm pointed it at the new Dingor map. Anyway I didn't really change anything other than just relocating things to suit the southern Dingor airbase and added a MHQ since there wasn't one I could see and now whenever I test run the mission I get "Cannot find mps\vehicle_respawn.sqf" reported 41 times in the RPT file - once for each vehicle/aircraft one the map. I've checked the init string on several vehicles and with my admittedly limited scripting knowledge it looks ok and I've confirmed that the vehicle_respawn.sqf script is indeed in the mps folder and that the case in the init string matches the case in the folder and file name and can't really see any problem. Any ideas at all you might have would be really appreciated.

Sample of a vehicle's code:

class Item139

{

position[]={4208.1348,23.660297,1695.1023};

azimut=60;

id=185;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="AV8B2";

leader=1;

lock="UNLOCKED";

skill=0.2;

init="this setVariable [""check_driver"",true,true]; veh = [this,600,1800] execVM ""mps\vehicle_respawn.sqf"";";

};

There are a couple of other things I noticed in the RPT file that seem to be coming from Patrol Ops, but I'm not sure what they are other than they are related to ca\modules\functions\arrays\fn_selectRandom.sqf and errors in expressions due to undefined variables.

Anyway if you need me to send you the RPT and the unpbo'd mission please just drop me a pm and I'd be happy to do so. Lol if it can be sorted out happy for you to add to the set of missions too as it's all your work anyway.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Roy86,

You seem to have AI dialog turned off which is fine for the annoying ID of enemies but I have another script that wants the commands from HQ to display but they won't in this mission yet it works fine in others. How do I turn it back on?

Example: [side _man,"HQ"] sideChat _stg2; or even this does not seem to work [West,"HQ"] sidechat _stg2;

Thanks

Hi. Had a go at this with a group I usually game with lastnight and it was absolutely fantastic. Beautiful detail in the FOB and nice variance of mission type. One thing we ran into was accidentally flipping over an atv at the base. Wondering if it would be possible to incorporate a vehicle flip script in there. Otherwise everything was flawless. Great work!

Could be a good addition but i will reserve that for PO3 when arma 3 comes. Only bugfixes from now on as I have alot of work on.

Hi Roy,

Got a small bug for you that I believe is an easy one to fix, the sound you get when a task is assigned is now in the media folder but the script is looking in the old location.

One other thing that is causing me grief and perhaps you can help with, I depbo'd the clafghan mission (stupidly didn't notice the lingor one) and by editing the mission.sqm pointed it at the new Dingor map. Anyway I didn't really change anything other than just relocating things to suit the southern Dingor airbase and added a MHQ since there wasn't one I could see and now whenever I test run the mission I get "Cannot find mps\vehicle_respawn.sqf" reported 41 times in the RPT file - once for each vehicle/aircraft one the map. I've checked the init string on several vehicles and with my admittedly limited scripting knowledge it looks ok and I've confirmed that the vehicle_respawn.sqf script is indeed in the mps folder and that the case in the init string matches the case in the folder and file name and can't really see any problem. Any ideas at all you might have would be really appreciated.

Sample of a vehicle's code:

class Item139

{

position[]={4208.1348,23.660297,1695.1023};

azimut=60;

id=185;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="AV8B2";

leader=1;

lock="UNLOCKED";

skill=0.2;

init="this setVariable [""check_driver"",true,true]; veh = [this,600,1800] execVM ""mps\vehicle_respawn.sqf"";";

};

There are a couple of other things I noticed in the RPT file that seem to be coming from Patrol Ops, but I'm not sure what they are other than they are related to ca\modules\functions\arrays\fn_selectRandom.sqf and errors in expressions due to undefined variables.

Anyway if you need me to send you the RPT and the unpbo'd mission please just drop me a pm and I'd be happy to do so. Lol if it can be sorted out happy for you to add to the set of missions too as it's all your work anyway.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Cheers for the sound bug, i'll get that fixed. won't affect the mission though.

To edit the mission to another map, open Dingor in the game 2D editor and merge with the current version of patrol ops. Update units as playable, then save. a new folder will be created in your mission directory. MOVE/COPY the contents of the patrol ops 2.03 mission into the dingor mission folder EXCEPT for the mission.sqm file. once complete, that should be all you need. any issues, please PM me. most is explained on the Dev-heaven PO WIKI

Roy86,

You seem to have AI dialog turned off which is fine for the annoying ID of enemies but I have another script that wants the commands from HQ to display but they won't in this mission yet it works fine in others. How do I turn it back on?

Example: [side _man,"HQ"] sideChat _stg2; or even this does not seem to work [West,"HQ"] sidechat _stg2;

Thanks

I did not turn it off intentionally. I'll look at what i changed and send you the answer asap.

Gonna check this out, thanks from RG.

I hope you enjoy it. It was designed originally for OCB, another mature gaming group. Its framework is used as a tactical mission creator and PO has grown from there. Every mission is dynamic in terms of location, troop skill and possible curve balls. Best played with ACE+ACRE and enabled IEDs, insurgents, civilians in the mission parameters. There are many features that should keep you on your toes.

Cheers

Thanks Roy, will go back and reread the wiki to see if I've messed up and if still no luck will get in touch. Thanks for the great dynamic missions, really a pleasure and a challenge to play.

Cheers,

Stonehouse