Sign in to follow this  
roy86

Patrol Operations 2

Hi roy

I was looking through the mission tasks and types and I saw 3 missions which are not included in the params

SAD_convoy

SAD_convoy2

and

DEF_town

can I add them myself for our server or do the missions not work ?

Hi Blip,

They are not working in 2.02 hence their removal but will be in 2.03

Cheers,

Been playing this with a few friends ,its good fun thanks.

Probably needs more enemy, also finding the weapons cache's has been a pain ,chasing down civies, i think after they give you a grid reference it should be marked on the map, have spent 2 hours searching houses which is not fun.

we even leveled a whole town and still could not find them.

rgds

cuppa

Hello there !

Just been playing this a few times with 1-3 other guys with ACE on our dedicated Server and some bugs came up.

-Missing ammobox for some players at MHQ (ACE)

-Missing ACE-menues (ACE)

-Horrible Z-fighting when doing the Ammo-Cache Mission in Chernogorsk (might be the Town/Map itself, so most possibly not caused by your mission)

-Not being able to reload guns (once with ACE/ another time ACE+SLX)

-Missing mousewheel menues (ACE+SLX, again im suspecting SLX being the cause)

-Sinking into the ground/ switching from visible to invisible (ACE/ACE+SLX, happened both times)

-Not being able to heal wounded/downed comrades (ACE)

Server is running ACE/JSRS1.41/some Islands with corresponding Foliage/Units and SLX (although we turned SLX off rather quick, being known as a notorious bug-cause).

Mission was setup as following:

-MixedNormal

-No Civvies

-Insurgents

-No Airpatrols

-ACE Wounds

-No 3D except drivers

All players had to be synchronized over YomaAddonSync .

Nice mission altogether, except the bugs.

Hoping for new version functioning better.

I wish you best progress and good days.

Greetings, Radfahrer

@AntalopeAUT

Ill answer what I know ... :) which isnt alot

-Missing ammobox for some players at MHQ (ACE)

We get this aswell its normaly when the player has just joined or has rejoined the server after the MHQ / Ammobox has been deployed.

just redeploy mqh and load unload ammobox and its fixed

-Missing ACE-menues (ACE)

Which menus ?

-Not being able to reload guns (once with ACE/ another time ACE+SLX)

Which guns ?

As reguards the Ace wounds and player sinking into the ground I had the same problem so I disabled the ace wounds and used the built in game revive / heal instead.

Hi there!

Really love this mod excellent work.

Just 2 quick questions though:

1. How do I make it 64 player (I have a 64 slot server)

Is it the typical way? ie add more items in the sqm?

2. I want this mission playing 24/7 with my preconfigured options. What are the parameters I can place into my server_oa.cfg? (I'm using the Combined ops version)

Figured this out by modifying the mps_params.sqf

3. Any way to automatically add PMC/BAF forces in the mix? (I might be asking for a lot here :P)

Is there an array somewhere that shows what the opfor army is composed of? I could add the armored SUVs and mercs for ambushes etc

4. is it safe to set operations to like 99999 so it just never ends? or is that not worth it

I set it to 100.. guess we'll see what happens. I've set the lives to 100. or atleast I think I have lol

5. How do I limit the size of squads players can recruit? (is there a max at the moment?)

Figured this out too.. its all in the functions

6. Is there a way to have both OPFOR and BLUEFOR playing at the same time doing missions simultaneously? Would be pretty awesome if on top of worrying about the missions you had to worry about opfor as well

7. Which variable can I change to increase the delay which bodies dissapear at? Would be nice to keep the bluefor as it is, but increase the opfor to 10 minutes

Is this it? Gonna try settings this to 600.

// Cleanup

_Grp spawn {

_units = units _this;

_hidetime = 100;

While{({alive _x} count _units) > 0} do{sleep 5};

sleep _hidetime;

{

hidebody _x;

sleep 3;

deleteVehicle _x;

} foreach _units;

sleep 5;

deleteGroup _this;

};

Thank you very much for your hard work and this great piece of action

EDIT: VERY tidy code man everything was so intuitive to find.

---------- Post added at 01:05 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

Great Addon. I'm looking for some people to play/join. Any leads?

Just filter Pr0ph3t you'll find my server. From now on it'll be this mod. Sometimes WarfareBE when we need a break (I've modified it etc)

Edited by Pr0ph3t

Hey Roy,

Loving these tasks inside PO2. Have you seen Workhorse mission from spx2high? Having some missions like that (transport, pickup, etc using a variety of choppers/vehicles would be awesome!)

Also, have you thought about OPFOR missions that take place at the same time as the BLUFOR?

Hi there!

Really love this mod excellent work.

Just 2 quick questions though:

1. How do I make it 64 player (I have a 64 slot server): 3 places: Mission Editor(Add additional units), description.ext (maxplayer: 64), mps\init_mps.sqf ( mps_ref_playercount = 64; )

2. I want this mission playing 24/7 with my preconfigured options. What are the parameters I can place into my server_oa.cfg? : Make server in persistant mode and crank up the mission limit in the params

3. Any way to automatically add PMC/BAF forces in the mix? (I might be asking for a lot here :P): Configs are already there, just add them and the vehicles to the map through the editor

4. is it safe to set operations to like 99999 so it just never ends? or is that not worth it: Yes that is fine, just be aware that clean up is not perfect. new version coming to fix that

5. How do I limit the size of squads players can recruit? (is there a max at the moment?)

Figured this out too.. its all in the functions

6. Is there a way to have both OPFOR and BLUEFOR playing at the same time doing missions simultaneously? Would be pretty awesome if on top of worrying about the missions you had to worry about opfor as well Not in Patrol Ops. its set up to reference one side at a time. OCB has a TvT/PvP version but its not tested.

7. Which variable can I change to increase the delay which bodies dissapear at? Would be nice to keep the bluefor as it is, but increase the opfor to 10 minutes: I'd wait until the next version release coming. It is now proximity based rather time so once all friendlies have left the area, it then cleans the AO.

Thank you very much for your hard work and this great piece of action

EDIT: VERY tidy code man everything was so intuitive to find.

Hi Prophet,

appreciate the positive feedback. I've answered as much as i can above. If you have any more, let me know.

Hey Roy,

Loving these tasks inside PO2. Have you seen Workhorse mission from spx2high? Having some missions like that (transport, pickup, etc using a variety of choppers/vehicles would be awesome!)

Also, have you thought about OPFOR missions that take place at the same time as the BLUFOR?

Hi Kremator,

Havn't seen his mission but the next PO2 update coming has VIP transport / rescue, FOP resupply and many new scenarios. Almost ready to begin testing v2.03.

I have developed a TvT version as most scripts in MPS i made as TvT supported. Just the PO2 mission criteria has not been tested. I'm unsure whether to release it or not. Time is very strained, thats why 2.03 has taken so long.

Cheers,

Thanks a lot Roy!

If you need any testing done let me know. I'm not as skilled as you in modding but I'm up there.

We have a 64 slot dedicated server (right now running at 32 until I reconfigure the mod)

Hello Roy

I was wondering have you fixed the JIP mhq ammo box problem for your next version ?

If not please see the bug report and fix we posted for you on your dev for patrol ops

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29650

Edited by BL1P

Thanks BL1P

I'll implement that in the next release.

Cheers

No worries m8 zsawyer was the brains :) I drew pritty pictures :)

Hello again,

How do you use the UAV backpack? Or is that not integrated yet

Edited by Pr0ph3t

No UAV in patrol ops 2 ...yet

Hello again,

I see that you are entering a massive testing phase so I thought I would pitch in what I've modified so far as it may give you and the rest of the community ideas for the future.

Attached you will find my 'tweaked' version of Roy's great mission.

Features:

- Map: Northern Chern

- Mission: mix hard

- Added Bl1p's JIP fix

- Rectified recruit.fsm error

- Minimum respawn for all bodies is 10 minutes

- HALO flagpole has been removed (no halo)

- C130 + 2x chinooks added

- armored SUVs + Jackals added (BAF + PMC required)

- Friendly side is PMC

- Enemy side is RU

- Insurgent side is BS_TK

- Player side is US mil

- All vehicles respawn only ONCE an hour. This forces players to use every last piece of equipment.

- Min/Max unit vs player values changed to 4,16

- Backpacks added to chern

- IED set to WTFBBQ (120)

- All vehicles are air-liftable

- Set to 100 missions

- Player has 50 lives.

- Player storage area added where players can park their vehicles and store extra gear. (AFK is allowed on my server, and we like to loot the bodies after a fight to create our own weapons caches) Would be nice to script this somehow instead of just relying on everyone's 'kindness' :P But no thefts yet hehehe

I found it neat to work with PMC as it kinda feels like US is hiring PMCs to conduct patrol ops in chern.

Hopefully this will give you some ideas and contribute to your testing.

Thank you again for your hard work to provide this great mod.

PS If you want the PBO let me know and Ill post it as a ticket on DEV-HEAVEN

Edited by Pr0ph3t

Hello everyone,

NOT looking forward to when I'm gonna have to redo all these changes on Roy's next release haha

Today I added boats in the docks as an experiment and it turned out very well!

I tried to make them loadable into trucks and liftable but it doesn't work. not sure if its the type of vehicle.

But its just as good if you toss 'em in water. It adds a lot of fun to the insertion phase.

Also, ACRE is a must! Working in unison with this mod we've been playing this nonstop since I first posted hehe

Great work Roy. And please let us know if you need help or are stumped but you prolly have far better ressources at your disposal

Hi prophet,

I believe you will like the next release. Currently in final testing/tweaking phase with OCB members then public testing then release.

ACRE is fully supported in patrol ops. Only landvehicles are liftable but I can tweak it to allow your idea.

the part I'm stuck on is ace wounds toggle at mission startup. Haven't solved that one yet.

All suggestions are noted and I'll incorporate them into the next version. Eta 2 weeks.

Cheers

Hi prophet,

I believe you will like the next release. Currently in final testing/tweaking phase with OCB members then public testing then release.

ACRE is fully supported in patrol ops. Only landvehicles are liftable but I can tweak it to allow your idea.

the part I'm stuck on is ace wounds toggle at mission startup. Haven't solved that one yet.

All suggestions are noted and I'll incorporate them into the next version. Eta 2 weeks.

Cheers

Whats problem with ace wounds ?

Bodys sinking into the ground ?

If so comment out the hidebody

Whats problem with ace wounds ?

Mainly its initialisation at the start of the mission. Sometimes when starting the mission at server startup, it may not initialise correctly for the first person on the position list however for every player after the first it is fine. Rejoining fixes it but still...

Hi prophet,

Cheers

Ah yah I know just saying those that aren't running it with ACRE are missing out..

Today we're putting on ACE. I keep getting the following error, and it doesn't look like its loading all the RIFLES in the crate:

http://pastebin.com/8zbzfL0z

All seems to go downhill from here: 2012/04/18, 1:03:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.ACE_M4'.

I've asked my admin to reinstall the mods today through 6 (last night I did them manually so that may of been the culprit)

Any ideas? Keep in mind I need it to display A2/OA/BAF/ACE weapons. (Everything was showing up fine until I tossed ACE into the mix.)

If its all ways the forst person on the list it may (I have no bloody odea though) be to do with the fact that the first person to log on is all ways called server from what I read on BIS WIKI.

Maybe the first person to join is not being initolized right due to that?.

Please note I really dont know any thing about scripting but ya never know :P

Mainly its initialisation at the start of the mission. Sometimes when starting the mission at server startup, it may not initialise correctly for the first person on the position list however for every player after the first it is fine. Rejoining fixes it but still...

OCB testing the new Patrol Ops v2.03 :)

Video by Lyndiman

Coming Soon...

Thank you BIS for such an awesome game.

Edited by roy86