Sign in to follow this  
OlaHaldor

Disable force feedback?

Anyone know if it's possible to disable force feedback?

My Speedlink Black Widow joystick doesn't load with FF the first time I create a game.

However, if I crash and need to either retry, revert to last saved check point or load a new flight, Force Feedback is suddenly switched on, and the game has terrible frame rate.

I've tried updating driver, but it doesn't change anything.

I'd like to disable the Force Feedback in general, because it makes the table vibrate and make a whole lot of noise.

I'd like to disable the Force Feedback in general, because it makes the table vibrate and make a whole lot of noise.

Had a giggle there mate.

You should be able to disable FF from within the software provided with your hardware.

I guess the cheap IKEA tables aren't much solid inside, so it's a very hollow and loud "brrrrrrrr" noise. Haha. Since there's others in the house, I don't think they're too happy about me flying during the night. :D The worst part though is the major drop in frame-rate.

The game is running at about 40fps, and once the FF kicks in, the game is running at 12-15fps. Unplayable and I'll have to restart the game.

Unfortunately, the driver doesn't include any "enable/disable FF" in windows Control Panel.