Sign in to follow this  
TomNedry

ARTY - another simple artillery script

ARTY is small script for requesting artillery via a dialog, where target coordinates have to be entered manually.

The location of the artillery, the amount of available shells and the type of ammunition are editable by the missionmaker.

oOjRhri84Io

For further informations please see: http://arma.airpressuretendency.net/tn_arma_arty.htm

Update: 01nov2011

Typo in download link fixed

Update: 02nov2011

• Typo corrected in sidechat message at fire request
  • Calculation for corMarker adopted, so coordinates on ArmA2 OA maps are correct now
  • ReadMe changed. Remark to disable "_UTMCorr" on ArmA2 OA maps
  • Added an example for "Zargabad"

Thanks to SigintArmA for feedback!

Edited by TomNedry
Update

Hi mate... looks nice.

Just to let you know your download link on your webpage doesn't work.

Looks good, I did download a file by using save as but file wouldn't open.

Yeah, sorry guys, my bad! I had a typo in the download link....

Update: Download link fixed!

Really neat script! But it seems there is a bug or a turn around in words in a couple places.

Your radio says 12 Rounds, Spread 5, as when the arty reports back saying 5 Rounds, impact ETA then 5 Rounds. Which the Artillery is correct, save for when your radio calls for it backward.

And I may not entirely know how artillery works but as the rounds begin to land Artillery calls 'Shot Out' which was said when they complete firing their rounds and 'Splash Out' when they are supposed to land. (Though I am taking this off from what I see in ArmA2s standard Arty orders and how they work. Haven't dealt with Real life arty)

But other then those two little things! It works great! ^_^ And those little mix ups are easily forgettable.

-Edit-

I am assuming the script is to work for ArmA2 maps only where the 000/000 Cords are in the top left. I figure this because of the fact after testing on any maps from OA that the 000/000 cords are in the bottom left, making the artillery fall off the map. One could move the marker to the top but then it would be hard to convert the numbers to guess where the rounds actually would fall.

Edited by SigintArmA

Update 02nov2011

• Typo corrected in sidechat message at fire request
  • Calculation for corMarker adopted, so coordinates on ArmA2 OA maps are correct now
  • ReadMe changed. Remark to disable "_UTMCorr" on ArmA2 OA maps
  • Added an example for "Zargabad"

Thanks to SigintArmA for feedback!

See first post for links...

Edited by TomNedry

Good to see an update so quickly ^_^ And always happy to have helped out, no matter how minor my aid is XD

Is there a way to have multiple sides have the ability to call in fire in say a PvP match? A way to make the OpFor have access to mortars and blufor access to the big guns?

Can you also designate who has the ability to call in the arty strikes.

SigintArmA is right, shot is called when the rounds leave the tubes, splash is called to allow the ground troops warning that the rounds are about to hit.