Sign in to follow this  
dustoff

dedicated server exe

Are you going to release a dedicated server file soon ? would be nice to get some nice low ping servers running

We are working on the Dedicated Servers currently. Stay tuned.

know about that but it does not help trying to run on a true dedicated server box.
Works just fine on a "True" dedicated server box..

If you mean that it isn't ideal to have copy-protection on the exe, then I agree, but not ideal is far from not usable :)

Works just fine on a "True" dedicated server box..

If you mean that it isn't ideal to have copy-protection on the exe, then I agree, but not ideal is far from not usable :)

Do you know if it would cause problems if one were to download and install the Sprocket version onto an internet server and run the game with the -server switch? Or would it then kick the admin off their own server for "having the same key"?

Do you know if it would cause problems if one were to download and install the Sprocket version onto an internet server and run the game with the -server switch? Or would it then kick the admin off their own server for "having the same key"?

I do - no problems at all :)

I do - no problems at all :)

Cool... so I guess I'll try running my own server. :D

I only have a VServer, but I've run small scale OA coops (3 players) on it without any problems.

Cool... so I guess I'll try running my own server. :D

I only have a VServer, but I've run small scale OA coops (3 players) on it without any problems.

That's the spirit! :yay: