Sign in to follow this  
whirlynerd

Still can't get TrackIR 5 to work

Ok, I've read the other threads and tried re-installing 5.1.3, hitting the games update button, enabled TrackIR in the ToH controller profile...none of witch are working. There is no ToH in the TrackIR games list and the recognized game indicator never comes on the TrackIR unit itself. Works with every other game including ARMA 2. I've restarted everything. Any ideas? Running Win 7 64-bit.

Thanks!

I use Track-IR and I can see and select the game 'take on helicopters' from the Track-IR games list.

Try restarting your PC without Track-IR starting at start-up.

There are some problems with settings not sticking with Track-IR and Win 7.

hi whirlynerd, not teaching you to suck eggs or anything but...

In the top right of the screen within the TrackIR software have you got a button called "Game updates". If so press it! Then you will need to restart the software. In the list of Titles you should then see Take on Helicopters.

Hopefully this works!

hi whirlynerd, not teaching you to suck eggs or anything but...

In the top right of the screen within the TrackIR software have you got a button called "Game updates". If so press it! Then you will need to restart the software. In the list of Titles you should then see Take on Helicopters.

Hopefully this works!

I can confirm that this is all I had to do to get my TrackIR to work in ToH. I didn't have to change anything other than 'enabling' it in the controls menu. It works like a dream, just as in Arma2CO.

Thanks for the responses; yeah I'm sure about the 'games update', I've had some version of trackir for years and understand how that part works. It did take me a minute to remember BI's policy to disable trackir by default but I have that covered. I think it's something like toby23's suggesting--just haven't figured out the right uninstall, re-install, clear the registry, delete old profiles, run around in circles and perform a magic happy dance sequence to get it working yet. I'll keep trying!

I never pressed the "Games Update" button in TrackIR, that actually caused issues for me in ArmA2 before: worked fine before, but not after updating the game profiles. I simply installed the TrackIR software, enabled it in TkoH, and it 'just works'.

Wow--I'm stumped. I know the games list is updating 'cause Dirt 3 doesn't show up 'till I hit games update and restart. Just no Take on Helicopters in the list and no recognized game indicator on the device but of course the game itself 'sees' the trackir just fine. Oh well.

As a guess I renamed the files sgl.dat and sgl.sig (? Game List ?) in my trackir directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5). When I started trackir and selected the "titles" tab within the interface it crashed. I then restarted trackir and updated the games list which recreated these two files. "Take on Helicopters" is listed. Worth a try.