Sign in to follow this  
Ice3175

Frame rate

to control the fluidity of the simulator I use FRAPS?do not believe :(

Using an external program is the only way you will see your framerate mate.

Actually, I am sure there was a script for Arma 2 to display framerate, might be wrong though.

So what's you question exactly? Do you want to improve your FPS, or do you want to know the actual FPS you are currently getting?

If you're looking for a combination of settings to improve frame rate, look here first.

Turn everything off first, then slowly increase settings until you reach your acceptable limit, it's the only way and it'll take you an hour or two.

Toby

I believe XFire also has a built in dynamic framerate display, don't know about other gaming clients.

No, xfire does not have a built in framerate display, you can capture video though at either 25 fps or 30 fps.

MSI Afterburner ... way more advanced than FRAPS, completely free for everyone

I looked at Afterburner user guide and didn't see anything about recording framerates...

It is there mate, you will get blue writing on your screen stating GPU temperature and framerate.

No, xfire does not have a built in framerate display, you can capture video though at either 25 fps or 30 fps.

I believe you are wrong - I have been informed that if you press ScrollLock+X in game (with XFire running in background) that there is an option to start an FPS meter.

QUOTE: If you've got the latest version there is now a taskbar type interface and it has an edit interface mode near the bottom left. I find the new default fps counter and clock to be too big by default but you can resize them

I don't normally run XFire (I use Raptr) but I'll go install it now to check.

EDIT: Okay - seems like XFire support is not working in ArmA2 and ToH, but it runs fine in other games (LotRO for example, FPS meter works there). If XFire and BI ever manage to support eachother, then it'll be useful but currently no good.

Edited by TAW_RiEvEr
Tested with ToH

It is there mate, you will get blue writing on your screen stating GPU temperature and framerate.

Can it log framerate over a flight and then average the data for the flight? Maybe report max and min framerate?