Sign in to follow this  
Blodhemn

Damn, have i completed it already?

Don't read if you are still doing the missions

I just finished The Takedown, and the credits came rolling up. Is that it? have I completed the game already?

I was hoping once we got rid of that Vrana takeover, I would be able to properly Take On Helicopters, and choose missions to take on, Manage the finances, hire more pilots, etc etc. But now, all I have is Free Flight? I did not even get as far as buying new helicopter.

Have I missed something?

yeah man i feel you, i felt ripped off when the credits started rolling in and i was only able to do the same contract missions over and over again and it's so bland.... i was hoping for more variety like the real missions where they tell you to do something and then you have to divert to somewhere else to refuel etc etc. i finished the campaign on expert in 1 sitting and i was so disappointed it's so short for a "carerr mode".

The beauty of BI games have always been the user made missions and campaigns so I would not worry too much. You can check the Custom Scenarios thread regularly as no doubt people are already building scenarios for this.

Also, you can have a lot of fun by building your own scenarios in the editor.

yeah man i feel you, i felt ripped off when the credits started rolling in and i was only able to do the same contract missions over and over again and it's so bland.... i was hoping for more variety like the real missions where they tell you to do something and then you have to divert to somewhere else to refuel etc etc. i finished the campaign on expert in 1 sitting and i was so disappointed it's so short for a "carerr mode".

Did you do the government and private sector contracts too? As Jedra says, the BIS campaign and missions are just the beginning. As with A2OA, A1 and OFP there will be plenty of user made missions. Give the Editor a try. While the the BIS stuff seems like the whole game the actual strength is in the Editor. You can easily make scenarios and play this thing for a long time.

When do you get a chance to do these "side missions"? I'm on mission 6 or so, and the only contracts I can do are the story-line ones....well, and "Free Fly".

Am I missing a step?

I'll echo Jedra. The release of this game is just the start of a long gaming experience. Soon enough there will hopefully be tens or hundreds of custom missions, new campaigns/careers, new addons, dynamic persistent missions etc. etc. The black box has only just been opened.

I do understand that it can be a disappointment that the campaign is relatively short (haven't finished myself though). But BIS games are so much more than the stock content.

Go back to campaign and when you walking around in the garage or somewhere, hit escape. The top menu item is heliport. Check it out.

I would like to say, I hope BIS or somebody adds more missions to the corporate and government missions. There is just not enough.

I have about 580,000 so far. Trying to get up to 925,000 or so to buy a Medivac helicopter is a bitch.

When do you get a chance to do these "side missions"? I'm on mission 6 or so, and the only contracts I can do are the story-line ones....well, and "Free Fly".

Am I missing a step?

You should be able to now. When you are in between missions at the heliport hit Esc then select Heliport from the main menu. Next hit Contracts. It will bring up a menu where you can choose either Government or Private Sector contracts.

You can also upgrade the Helis and purchase others from the Esc menu.

Hmmm...I have no options for Government or Private contracts...just the story line ones.

I didn't do the "flashback" missions...maybe that's why?

As already stated here about the usual game handling with BIS Products, please consider that Take on helicopters actually results of the try to implement a new Helo behaviour and advanced Engine for ArmA3. Take on Helicopters is the positive side effect for BIS to earn money (and it does really worth every cent I´ve paid) and for us to play around with new toys untill ArmA3 is released.

The Campaign is just a little Bonus and the needed reason to sell the game. The main focus lies on the Editor and the MP gaming.

Edited by MemphisBelle

I would like to say, I hope BIS or somebody adds more missions to the corporate and government missions. There is just not enough.

They will. I imagine some basic ones should appear any day now. How knows maybe I'll get motivated again to jump on the Editor and pump out a few. I still have an A2OA campaign to improve and finish up as well.

But until then you should play around with the Editor. It's really easy to use once you get the basics and I promise you it will provide countless hours of fun.

Hmmm...I have no options for Government or Private contracts...just the story line ones.

I didn't do the "flashback" missions...maybe that's why?

You can always do the flash back missions. Just interact with the headset in the office near the radio. But I don't think that matters. Honestly, I didn't notice them until mission 7 so maybe they get "activated" then.

Are you sure there's no Private Sector and Government options in the Contracts menu? It should be in the upper right below Career and above Training Lessons.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

... and headache..lol

Haha, Indeed. A lot of headaches mixed in with the fun.

Take on helicopters actually results of the try to implement a new Helo behaviour and advanced Engine for ArmA3.

Yeah, I was thinking that, right about when I was....

walking around, evading capture - right after being shot down in the 2nd side mission. All of a sudden I have an M4 (WTF?m this was a civilian helo sim a second ago!) in my hands and start hearing that familiar CRACK as I'm being shot at. I was looking at the dead bodies of the enemy soldiers that the CAS helo had smoked and thinking 'hmm these look a little more advanced than ARMA2

But just looking at the whole interface, maps, options, etc, this game feels more like a total conversion mod for ARMA2 - more than a new game.

But just looking at the whole interface, maps, options, etc, this game feels more like a total conversion mod for ARMA2 - more than a new game.

Ha, thats true. It´s a kinda (still beeing) home (although I am not) feeling.

The same could be said for a plethora of other games with a no. 2 or 3 after the name of the original.

The same could be said for a plethora of other games with a no. 2 or 3 after the name of the original.

'Cept in this CIVIL helicoptor sim, I go in to mission briefing and for the list of equipment for the pilot, there are symbols for pistol, rifle, RPG, etc. The radio, GPS and watch artwork in the map are identical to ARMA. Army surplus maybe?

The menus and GUI are straight out of ARMA.

I am glad I bought it though. I was tossing up between this and the ARMAX anniversiary edition. TOH seems to be a little taste of what ARMA3 may be like. With the very active add-n community for BIS products, I'm sure there will be plenty of stuff to download in no time at all. Maybe even a whole military campaign - using TOH eye candy.