Sign in to follow this  
Signaller

Mouse cursor not working in game

When I load the game up the cursor is present but doesn't move with the mouse,when I right click the cursor changes position. This is making it almost impossible to use the UI any ideas?

Tried disabling desktop composition, doesn't work

Win 7 x64

Mouse Cyborg RAT 3

Edited by Signaller
Problem solved

Same here. Bought the game today and I can't play it.

Windows 7 x64. Steam platform. Desktop resolution is 1920*1080.

I had the same problem(s).

After I first installed the game the pointer would show but it wouldn't pull across the screen. I had to blindly click until I luckily clicked in the right spot.

The problem was that my default text and icons size (in windows control panel) was to 150%. When I put it back to 100% (default) the pointer worked fine until I was flying and then it was invisible.

I had to uncheck the pointer trail box (in windows control panel, too) and then the cursor seemed to work fine in game.

I have windows 7 64, too.

Edited by NoamAdd

Thanks NoamAdd, your a star! Works perfectly now, updated title as solved

I never had trails enabled. I tried disabling pointer shadow; no joy. Finally, I changed the theme to Windows 7 Basic. Still no success.

I tried changing Resolution_W & H and Render_W & H to my desktop resolutions. Still no in-game pointer.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

This morning, I sat down and played with a lot of things. I fixed it; for me at least.

In the Windows 7 Resolution, there is an option to make the default text larger or smaller. Since this is a Media Center PC, I have the test set to "larger".

When I changed it back to "Default", it works perfectly.

Could the devs do some research into this and see if the game can be patched to work with all text sizes? Thanks.

Try disabling the desktop composition, to do this create a short cut on your desktop, right click it, properties, select the comparability tab then finally click the check bow with disabling desktop composition in it. Hope this helps

I have the same problem while testing the demo. Going to fix it now hopefully.

Anyway there could be a patch to fix this would be great. At first I thought it was going to be a glitched out game when you cant get past the menu but had to check the forum sense Ive heard good things about the game. Others getting the demo before buying might have different opinions if they cant get passed the menu and not everyone will check the forum so I encourage a fix for this. A lot of people like me Im sure change there settings for text and all that because they are on a big screen tv.