Sign in to follow this  
lb8068

Changing Unit Appearance

Hi guys.

Let me start by saying this is my first post here. I've lurked a bit and everybody seems really nice and friendly, so I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys! :)

Now, I downloaded ArmA 2: Free and I'm planning on getting the Anniversary Edition; I played Cold War Crisis so I was able to get back into editing fairly quickly. However, I was wondering if anybody knew how to change the appearance of a certain unit?

For example, if I placed a Corpsman on the map, but wished to give him a ghillie suit that snipers wear, how would I go about doing this, if it's even possible?

I know how much you guys hate that you have to answer questions that you've already answered; I have searched (maybe in the wrong places) but I would like to really apologise if this has already been answered.

Thanks,

Liam.

There is no simple way to change uniforms. Search for "changing uniform" and you get two threads that discuss possibilities. If you simply want a unit in a ghillie suit that is able to heal other units then take a look at the CLY Heal script. It is simple to use and you can limit what units can use it.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11903

Thanks for the response. :D

Hmm, that's pretty annoying. Like I said, I'm using the Free edition so I might have to just hold off until I get a chance to upgrade.

It isn't at all possible to, say, place a sniper on the map and then change his "role" into a corpsman?

This script will switch your player to what you want.just place two units on the map ,one will be the player and name it sni and other some were he will be safe and name it rf.

then in both the units init line put ..this addaction ["change clothes", "uniswitch.sqf"];

I used this script in my missions it works good.I cant remember who write this script.

but all credit gos to him

private ["_snipos","_rfmpos","_dir","_group"];

_snipos = getPos sni;

_rfmpos = getPos rf;

_dir = getDir player;

_group = group player;

titleText ["Changing Clothes", "BLACK OUT", 2];

sleep 2;

sni setPos _rfmpos;

rf setPos _snipos;

if (player == rf) then

{

[rf] join grpNull;

selectPlayer sni;

[sni] joinSilent _group;

} else

{

[sni] join grpNull;

selectPlayer rf;

[rf] joinSilent _group;

};

sleep 1;

titleText ["Changing Clothes", "BLACK IN", 2];

player setDir _dir;

exit;

Is this for AI units or the player ?

Just for AI at the moment.

That script looks fantastic; I'll give it a try when I can and keep you posted. Thanks.