Sign in to follow this  
sarcasticpcgamer

input bugs? cant point it

Just makes no sense, but once game goes haywire nothing can fly.....

Thought it was fraps at first, i was flying in expert great, trim working right off the bat....turned on fraps to record expert flight.. slowly got worse... now i notice the longer i keep game loaded... the worst the controls get and trim stops working over time and almost gives a reverse effect...

(and by overtime i mean software time loaded in game) i can literrally start a new chopper and nothing works as time progresses and gets worse and worse to fly)

Cant pinpoint the bug/issue.. but game is impossible to play after 2-5 minutes, needing a reboot

some kind of joystick buffering problem with software, someone not clearing input? My joystick is a $500 piece of crap (i'd believe it, not liking this x65f)

Please give me ideas to debug.. i'm stumped

Edited by sarcasticpcgamer

if your game gets stuttery over time try push ` the type flush

it helps some systems that get sluggish. i havent needed to do it for a while but on arma2 there was i time i needed it and it helped.

2-5 minutes isnt very long playing time though, hope you find a better solution. whats your pc specs?

if your game gets stuttery over time try push ` the type flush

it helps some systems that get sluggish. i havent needed to do it for a while but on arma2 there was i time i needed it and it helped.

2-5 minutes isnt very long playing time though, hope you find a better solution. whats your pc specs?

asus rampage III black

i7 920 cpu

12 gigs corsair dominator ram

2 x nvidia 470 video cards

game doesn't get stuttery, just the chopper controls go haywire, you heard of people talking about how the craft likes to roll right, after 5 minutes i can sometimes do quadruple barrel rolls in a second and other crazy stunts that are unreal

I've noticed that even after enabling my joystick, that the mouse is still mapped to the cyclic. This was causing my setup to go nuts as I bumped the mouse around while using my HOTAS Warthog.

The control setups are wonky, and need serious tweaking, but it worked fine for me after that.

Hope that helps.

Could you perhaps post a video of the whole process. Sounds truly odd and looks like you did have controller issues after all. If by reboot you mean not only game restart, but a computer reboot, If it indeed is a computer reboot you need to restore control. Have you tried if your joystick works normally in other sims after it has gone bonkers in TOH?

The mouse settings removed on all controls, works normal in other flight games,

It doesn't give any feedback to the testing console when not using it.. Shows perfectly centered.. Sometimes my rudder pedals did cause issues in other games, but that was because it interpreted them as a controller and just spun character around... I will now try and remove rudder pedals to eliminate that possibility that its my rudders and report back

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

I have still yet to remove rudders, i went over my controller and was flying good again.. i did 5 landings.. i then alt-tabbed out and loaded fraps and recorded.. From then on i failed landing ever again.... I turned off recording and failed to land but had 10 times better control again...

So you think it may be CPU related issue? polling issue? some sort of interrupt issue, driver issue? Give me ideas of things to try.. I will first try turning down all things that may help boost cpu and see if it improves...

I have cleared my stick of all input except for cyclic and rudder movements and collective..

OK, more time has past, lots more twiddling and experience learned... i have been flying and landing in expert mode, with no auto trim and no hover.... with the light wasp, which is one of the easiest i have found to work....

Now, i was flying great without Fraps recording.. when i enabled fraps recording it wasnt so easy to land, found myself fighting it really hard.. i turned down view distance and traffic, and shadow, etc and this seemed to help a bit....

But eventually i got myself landing and recorded it.. unfortunately my microphone was having issues and my speech was lost, so videos are pretty useless.. I have since fixed and will start posting videos to my youtube channel.

So i think we are down to a couple possibilities... Graphics / CPU related or some sort of interupt / input lag which may be causing the impossible to understand control effects causing crashes and inabiility to control the chopper.Tthis would make sense why the Light Wasp is playable and the others like the mediums including medium wasp are hard and heavies are even harder and impossible to fly.

I think i am still running BF3 beta drivers, i will update those to see if that helps any... and post back more that I find.

But seems like a resource related issue

Edited by sarcasticpcgamer