Sign in to follow this  
sarcasticpcgamer

Question about keybinds...

I am using the RIGHT-CTRL - NUMPAD keys for auto trim use

4,6 for left right etc..

Problem is... i program my hotas throttle hat switch to these keys, but for whatever reason.. the default camera "movement" keys get picked up as well as the trim... (non ctrl numpad buttons)

Why is this happening? is there anyway around it?? I can't take my hand off my stick to hit these keys. I don't have enough keyboard keys to get away from shifted sets... So what can be done? The joystick is programming as "RIGHT CTRL- NUMPAD4" and thats the signal its sending to the game..

i test in the console

If you map a new control to a button and the control appears as red to the mapped controls list, it means its already mapped to some other function that you have to unmap. It doesn't happen automatically. You do however get the name of the control already mapped so you can find it in the list. Or you can unmap a all the joystick functions and remap just those you want. The unmap and 'return default mappings' buttons are in the controllers window where you can also enable, disable your hardware one by one.

EDIT: I misread. Why are you programming your controller externally. This is exactly why you get this kind of problems. your hat is used for moving the camera because of ingame mappings I presume and also the controllers software is sending an emulated keypress to the sim. Thats the same as using the hat to move the camera while pressing CTRL+whatever key combo at the same time. Or now that I think about it its more likely that you forgot to remove the other function from the keypress.

You dont need external programming for these simple functions in this particular sim. I don't know if some software stops the actual button press being sent to whatever game you're using at the time, but I would bet its not doing that in this case.

Edited by BadWeather

If you map a new control to a button and the control appears as red to the mapped controls list, it means its already mapped to some other function that you have to unmap. It doesn't happen automatically. You do however get the name of the control already mapped so you can find it in the list. Or you can unmap a all the joystick functions and remap just those you want. The unmap and 'return default mappings' buttons are in the controllers window where you can also enable, disable your hardware one by one.

EDIT: I misread. Why are you programming your controller externally. This is exactly why you get this kind of problems. your hat is used for moving the camera because of ingame mappings I presume and also the controllers software is sending an emulated keypress to the sim. Thats the same as using the hat to move the camera while pressing CTRL+whatever key combo at the same time. Or now that I think about it its more likely that you forgot to remove the other function from the keypress.

You dont need external programming for these simple functions in this particular sim. I don't know if some software stops the actual button press being sent to whatever game you're using at the time, but I would bet its not doing that in this case.

No, i have like 5 hat switches on my stick, i am not programming the POV hat on the stick, i am programming my hat on the throttle which was not assigned to anything

This is just but one example... but any SHIFTED state keyset command programmed to my stick will also trigger the NON shifted state as well

Example.. lets say i had CTRL-E and e for release trim... and e for eject... i would hit the CTRL-e with my stick button mapped to CTRL-E on the keyboard.. In testomg console it would register CTRL-E pressed, in game it registers as E

Edited by sarcasticpcgamer