Sign in to follow this  
davedp32

Pip ?

How do you get the Picture in Picture to work? Cant seem to find key for it. Also, What keys are for you to lean your view to the side so you can see the ground better?

Thanks in advance

ok but how i activate it there is no button.

and yes i have enabled it on the graphig settings

ok but how i activate it there is no button.

and yes i have enabled it on the graphig settings

Have you looked in your sideview mirror :confused:

uhm?

what you mean ?

i have an mirror on the gear but it shows nothing, its only black

Even with PiP Disabled it shouldn't be black (unless your blinded/shadowed). You need to freelook outside to the left of your helo and you'll see the sideview mirrow at least in the Light Helos (all I've flown yet).

I thought that PIP referred to the camera image that comes into play with certain missions.

The whale mission or The Hand that Feeds for example...

Does it refer to the wing mirrors ?

Learn something every day !

I thought that PIP referred to the camera image that comes into play with certain missions.

The whale mission or The Hand that Feeds for example...

Does it refer to the wing mirrors ?

PIP is the Render-to-Texture image, that you can see on the mirrors or the monitor in the medium chopper to your left.

The camera mounted on some choppers can be accessed by your copilot via pressing "Zero" on numpad (like aiming with a weapon). This view is not related to PIP, it is just another cameraview.

give me a sec...

might pose the question again... ^^

hmm ok seems to be answered.

btw: You cant control the FLIR sensor when only looking at the RtT created screen on the monitor, right?

Edited by PurePassion

So,... PIP doesnt mean a outside view within the cockpit view? and you cant access or turn on the IFR monitor in some Heli's?

P.S. Wish they had a pause button so you could pause the game an look around and admire the scenery and your Heli.

Exactly. PIP just means that there are actual working mirrors in the game. Those mirrors are (as far as I know) always outside the helicopter. You have to move your head/sight/view and literally look into the mirror.

Hm. I thought you could turn on the monitor in the cockpit. It's done via script. When the monitor is on, you get an action icon on it, which turns on/off a window that shows the same "video". And I see no reason you couldn't point a camera on your own chopper and view the feed on that monitor or window. Little by little the community wiki grows and more functions become documented, but they are there if you look in your function viewer in the editor. Everything just isnt documented yet.

Also if you make a block waypoint on a car or a boat or whatever, the monitor will show a "videofeed" of it, but I think the chopper has to be equipped with a camera or a FLIR, like a sheriff's chopper for example.

Edited by BadWeather