Sign in to follow this  
hon0

(solved for the OP) "The hand that feeds" Stuck

To BoneBoys: You can learn autorotation in trainings. If you have lower difficulty autohover can help you to stabilise, but you should still keep forward glide in the descent phase.

Hello!

Please help me. I have a big problem with the mission "the hand thats feed". I have to save two container in this mission. The first is ok, but the second is impossible.

I tried the mission many times, but i didn`t work

I don`t know what to do... Please help me!!!

Thx

PS: Bohemia do you think about it, that some people play this game with a mouse? THATS IMPOSSIBLE. Fix it please!!!

I replayed the mission about 10 times but I can't reproduce this ...

Without Auto-Trim it's a f*§%#)´ nightmare, true. It is extremely difficult but I somehow managed it after 10-15 attempts (I made a save before I approached the ship so I didn't have to replay the whole mission). With Auto-trim enabled it works fine most of the time. And when I fail it's because I made a mistake.

But the container never jumps up or gets damaged after it is attached. The rope snapped sometimes because I wasn't careful enough on the collective but I never experienced what is described here :confused:

I just tried again but look's there is nothing to do... I'm flying in expert without autoHover/autotrim.

The 3rd approach isn't so bad so... Phew..

See the target container. It not the good one? How can we lift a container witch is below an other one?

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem (bouncy container), after the fourth try I got the container out of the ship (expert).

I used external camera (which I see as a cheat) to make sure the position of the helo was really stable in reference to the container carrier, autohover (which again is a cheat) and really (utterly) slow collective inputs until the line becomes almost tense.

Note that when the line is tense the helo may bounce back to the ship, before reaching full tension apply a fast (remember the lateral correction required) cyclic increase to avoid going down again and at the same time make sure to climb really vertical...

This in fact would be required in real sea operations where you have to wait until the ship is at the highest point to start lifting when the ship goes down again.

Please check the video and tell me what I've done wrong?

Ok that's really weird. I didn't experience that at all. My approach was different though. I didn't come from the side, I flew from the stern of the ship to the container and I hovered a little higher than you over the ship. I tried to use PiP to position the helicopter. It's very difficult and most times I failed (crashed or had to do a new approach) but when I finally did it I really shouted out "YEAHHH!!!!" and my brother came in and asked if my football (soccer) team scored or something :D

See the target container. Is it the same for everyone? Is the point that show the container below the top one?

This worked for me, technically not right :) but a work around to get on with the game :)

Land The Nose of the helicopter on top of the container (across ther other containers), before it hooks up, stops it from jumping. Then lift off before the container beside it drop into the sea :)

Please let us know if today's patch fixes this problem for you.

Best,

RiE

I have to wait the Steam patch ;) Thx

Just received the Steam patch, version 1.02 for the game. I restarted the mission and it did NOT fix the problem for me....tried 3 times from different angles.

The container is still popping up and getting damaged. :-(

I had the same thing pre-patch, seems like it hooked on the container below. I restarted the mission and was able to finish it after a couple of tries carefully towing it out.

It's fine for me. The patch fixed the problem. Thanks BIS keep going on ! Go on track IR bug now plz ;)

Antoine

Given that the OP no longer experiences the problem, I'm optimistic about regarding this one as solved! :o

Best,

RiE

EDIT: nm, I hadn't patched, will report back if it starts working properly!

Edited by DarkMellie

Although your release says this issue is fixed (* Career 08: Jumping container) I still get the very same annoying problem - i run v1.02.86108 updated via steam

the bug always comes back, the container goes mental at the very second the rope is 100% attached and the mission fails - whichever way I try to approach this

at this point I don't care anymore to complete the mission or not... i tried it so many times!!! In the meantime i am stuck there, so if you can't fix this quickly could you provide a way to jump to the next career mission? I just want to be able to carry on playing!

thanks

Although your release says this issue is fixed (* Career 08: Jumping container) I still get the very same annoying problem - i run v1.02.86108 updated via steam

After you updated, did you restart the mission... or continue from a save, perhaps?

Best,

RiE

Same problem here. Updated and restarted the mission. The container still jumps. I've tried this the last 3 days ...

same probleme with the sling with patch 1.02 et 1.03 and revert

i woud like to go to the next mission ,have you a solution

Try to restart the mission to the beginning after patching the game.