Sign in to follow this  
flyinj

Disable motion blur?

Is there a way to disable motion blur without turning post-process effects to "off"?

Motion blur does nothing for me but eat frame rate. ARMA2 had the same problem, but eventually someone made a mod to remove the blur. This substantially increased my frame rate. I would love to be able to disable it.

The blur does not "eat" framerate. Actualy it is oposite - it becoms visible the more, the lower framerate you have. It cannot be switched off independently, it is bind with other posteffects.

If you have low FPS, try to lower also other video options.

The blur does not "eat" framerate. Actualy it is oposite - it becoms visible the more, the lower framerate you have. It cannot be switched off independently, it is bind with other posteffects.

If you have low FPS, try to lower also other video options.

This is not true. When using the remove motion blur mod for ARMA 2, I had an increase of between 7-12 FPS. I ran the tests. This was on a 6850 1 gig ATI board.

This was with post-process effects set to "high" as well.

Turn off PP effect's if you don't like them then...

I love the post process effects. I hate the motion blur. That is why almost every other game on the market gives you the option to keep post process but disable motion blur. Except this one.

i don't think they know how :D Not very technical here, basically from what I gather, they make the engine in one place, then just hire scripters elsewhere... and dont do much in the coding arena

Try again. Your nick should say ignorantpcgamer as your comments just get more and more out of this world. From what I gather they have always done their own engines. Its propably the use of rotorlib that confuses your mind. I think I also remember a conversation about the lib use for the weather.

If you are going to bad mouth this community, feel free to leave at any time.

No one is forcing you to be here.

you are dead wrong on all accounts.

sarcasticpcgamer has not made any friends yet

yeah, no shit!

Had beem playing ArmA2 for long enought now I still don't understand why the fuck is it so hard to make motion blur, along side with other totally redundant "features" for my taste, independent from PP

Maybe Oktane will produce a version of oktnoblur for TOH. I use that all the time in Arma2 as it allows me to keep some PP while losing the motion blur.

For now I have turned off PP altogether in TOH. Hopefully by the time I get to play it properly this will have been community tweaked.

I am not sure why motion blur is in so many games as most people I know turn it off immediately!! The good thing is the like Arma, TOH is so modable that it shouldn't be long before a solution to meet everyone's tastes is out!

i don't think they know how :D Not very technical here, basically from what I gather, they make the engine in one place, then just hire scripters elsewhere... and dont do much in the coding arena

I don't know where you "gather" your information, but please get your facts straight :rolleyes:

It would be nice to be able to turn it off though. Just as an option for those who want is.

And another post where you state things that you know absolutely nothing about.

10/10 for consistency...:rolleyes:

Hey look, yet another thread about the blur, this one for TOH! (found in a search)

So I will report in.. they don't care about the blur. Either they are too proud of their FPS eating rotblur shader or the many hundreds of people that have complained about it are lost in the community noise. That or the community liaisons + devs do not have personal issues with it, so it is of little importance.

All official paths to requesting changes have been taken. CIT tickets, many people voting, hell I even made a bug about how the blur shader doesn't work right at low FPS. Devs promised more options, we got a shitty 'very low' setting in ArmA2, flat out ignoring the multitude of other intelligent solutions. (minimum effort INI setting?) All people want is to be able to disable the ONE or two shaders that they have problems with... most complains have been with the motion blur.

'Usability testing, what's that?' Let them drive their games into the ground.. is my opinion at this point. Sounds dramatic, but lots of other major issues have fallen down this same path. It's a small part of a much larger issue.

Edited by oktane

yeah' date=' no shit![/quote']

Obviously not a family friendly forum here...