Sign in to follow this  
flyinj

Asia side-mission question

If I say no to my brother when he wants to tell me about an asia side mission, will I be able to fly that same mission later?

Does it by any chance work like this:

You have the option to fly the next asia mission after every normal campaign mission.

If you say no, after the next mission the same asia mission will be offered to you, and so on until you accept.

?

If I say no to my brother when he wants to tell me about an asia side mission, will I be able to fly that same mission later?

If you say no, the next time he offers you one, it'll be the next 'mission/memory'. You don't have to 'complete' one memory to get another, for example. They're meant to be more challenging and optional.

You can still play them all, after they're 'unlocked', accessing the through 3d objects like the medicine bottle, headphones, and the lightsticks(/ things that look like large bullets) on the desk.

Side note: We're also working on improving how you interact with objects in the 3d world:)

Best,

RiE

If you say no, the next time he offers you one, it'll be the next 'mission/memory'. You don't have to 'complete' one memory to get another, for example. They're meant to be more challenging and optional.

You can still play them all, after they're 'unlocked', accessing the through 3d objects like the medicine bottle, headphones, and the lightsticks(/ things that look like large bullets) on the desk.

Side note: We're also working on improving how you interact with objects in the 3d world:)

Best,

RiE

So, if I skip a mission, the next one he offers is not the previously offered one, but the next in succession?

And I can play any I previously skipped by interacting with the medicine bottle, not just ones I've played, right?

Also, as a side note, on the mission where you fly the guy around to golf courses, I opened the passenger side door that he was sitting next to on accident, and there was no way to close it. I was able to open and close the other doors on the chopper just fine.

Also, as a side note, on the mission where you fly the guy around to golf courses, I opened the passenger side door that he was sitting next to on accident, and there was no way to close it. I was able to open and close the other doors on the chopper just fine.

That's because the door was out of your characters' "reach".

We're also working on improving how you interact with objects in the 3d world:)

Interesting :) Don't be shy now :D

Best,

RiE

So we are going to be able to sit on that couch and watch youtube clips on the tv?

Oh goody. As someone else mentioned, it is really hard to close the doors in that golf course mission (first time I've encountered it so far). In fact, interaction with objects seems to be a few steps back from OFP/ARMA/ARMA2. The 'targets' that you have to point yourplayer at to do stuff (such as open doors, get in choppers, etc seem to be very small.

I've unlocked and completed Longbow and Arrowhead, but I cannot interact with items on the desk (other than the PC - "Personal") - no icon comes up. ?

In Joe Larkins bureau there are headphones on the left side when you enter the room. Works for me ;)

Thanks for the info. I'll keep trying.

------------------------------------

Edit: Yep, I got it, but not with the headphones. I had to stand behind the desk, not in front of it. This use of personal objects to spur memories is a wonderfully imaginative BIS touch.

Edited by OMAC