Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Whisky on the rocks!

In the morning of 28th October, 1981, the Swedish navy was went to investigate some noises fishermen had reported. Just a little bit outside one of the mayor naval bases they found a Soviet submarine of whisky class. The S-363, more known as U-137, had went aground! The incident became known as the whisky on the rocks.

This is the background, for people more keen on knowing more we recommend reading here. U 137 - Whiskey on the Rocks

To mark the day we decided to release a special version of the Swedish Forces Pack.

Disclamier:

There are many bugs, it isn't near as good quality as Unsung, Invasion 44 or ACE. Don't expect it, and don't be disappointed.

Features:

* Over 50 missions, ranging from 4+ hours coop to 15 minutes PVP.

* Custom island (10x10km), based on the real island where the events took place.

* 4 planes, 6 helicopters, 3 tanks, 2 APC's and countless wheeled vehicles.

* Weapons.. and more weapons.

* 1981 era woodland soldiers, 2011 era soldiers in desert, woodland, snow.

* Police units

* Sexy girls (Easter eggs, now go out and look!)

Features Sturkö:

Sturkö is an island in sourth of Sweden. ( Google Maps )

During the cold war the entire island was off limits for foreigners as it was classified as a military area.

* Over 200 000 objects

* Detailed residential areas

* Beautiful landscape

* 50+ custom houses/objects

* Kråkan, "A fun area"

* A secret "road airbase"

* Several military bases, including "mobilization storages" and firing range.

* Work in progess, but most buildings are enterable.

Screens:

u137.jpg

The Soviet submarine is secured by the HMS Norrköping.

mobfrd.jpg

People are called in for a mobilization, the country is prepared with equipment in buildings resembling ordinary farm houses.

tgb40_ammo.jpg

Artillery getting supplies outside Sturkö center.

pbv302_3.jpg

A Pbv 302 supports the soldiers.

hyres.jpg

Sturkö center appears to be deserted.

krakan.jpg

Kråkan, this "secret" island is said to be haunted and zombies seems to lurk around :)

Download:

http://www.anrop.se/hosted/sfp/SwedishForcesPack_wotr.zip (1 gb download, 1.5 gb unpacked.. )

Requires: CBA!

Edited by granQ

I've anticipated this since the initial release of the units, excellent!!

So if I understand correctly this is an update of SFP mod? Right?

Because I deleted the old map with SFP mod and placed the new one and I still have the two islands like in the previous one .

BTW very nice work and great looking islands.

So if I understand correctly this is an update of SFP mod? Right?

Because I deleted the old map with SFP mod and placed the new one and I still have the two islands like in the previous one .

BTW very nice work and great looking islands.

Yes its a update wite alot of fixes and development since the last public release, If you have a old version remove it first then "install" the new one to avoid complications.

Hope you have fun on this small island.

Cheers

Grip

I love the quality of the naval vessels.

- Have you asked GNAT for permission for using his Vertical launch system scripts?

With those the Umkhonto and RBS missiles would be created from the appropiate possitions in the ships.

- The Visby lacks crew proxies in the main Res LOD.

- IF you add a landcontact LOD the Visby won't look so high in the water.

- Visby cannon lacks muzzle FXs.

- Norrkoping main cannon lacks recoil and muzzle FX.

Overall I like the quality of the mod. Most models are HQ!!!

Tack!!!

Thanks GranQ,

question about the EPIC BATTLEFIELD SYSTEM! has this been enhanced or updated in any way?

Edit* what an insane amount of content! ... awesome, thanks again

More feed back, when i use this Mod Opfor start speaking in (those annoying :p) OA english voices, since i play a lot of Opfor it just breaks it for me.

is the MOD modular, or can it be modular?

Edited by Katipo66
Some issue

It says nowhere that this addon require anything other than CBA, yet when I start the game I get a message telling me that "Addon 'acre_sys_ra145' requires addon 'acre_sys_radio'".

The game continues loading untill I get another message which aborts the game saying "Include file idi\clients\global\addons\main\script_mod.hpp not found."

Do I need to install Advanced Combat Radio Environment? Is it enough to just add the required file? Is the second message caused by the lack of this file or am I missing something else as well?

Edited by KaptenNordstroem

@KaptenNordstroem

You shouldn't need ACRE in this version. Otherwise remove the Ra180.pbo and Ra145.pbo from the addons folder.

I installed ACRE and it works perfectly now. You need to write it in the description that ACRE is needed for those files to work. I saw later that the manual stated that ACRE was needed to play on your servers, but it didn't say it was needed for the game to work without removing those files you said.

Also I can't find any info on how to load things onto the truck flatbeds. I don't even know what is loadable. I've tried the green container, AA-guns and that small AT-gun at the base in the Soviet Invasion scenario. This should be stated in the manual how to do.

Also the truck closest to the barracks where you spawn in the previously mentioned scenario is broken to status red. Is that intentional?

Well I don't know because I'm not apart of the team but if you have questions jion Anrop.se and ask your questions there. :)

Sounds like herr Nordström has gotten the internal beta installed rather than the one presented here.

You did delete any old sfp folder before installing this, ja?

Updated on Six Updater Network.

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

463 MB delta

sent 463.66M bytes received 741.78K bytes 340.85K bytes/sec

total size is 1.15G speedup is 2.47

(minus 10 MB for a useless log file :P)

Edited by Sickboy

OA required?

It even says you should use CO when you play this mod.

ODEN;2048963']Sounds like herr Nordström has gotten the internal beta installed rather than the one presented here.

You did delete any old sfp folder before installing this' date=' ja?[/quote']

No... *shame*

I just let the files overwrite. I always thought that deleting the old files was an unecessary procedure because they wouldn't be referenced by the new files anyway. I guess I'm not such an advanced user as I thought I was... :/

Anyway, I have no idea how I would have gotten my hands on an internal beta since the one I downloaded was the one on ArmaHolic.

Why does the Six Updater page say that it is dependent on @SMK and @gnt_frigates?

Edited by KaptenNordstroem
Added a reply

Why does the Six Updater page say that it is dependent on @SMK and @gnt_frigates?

Open you addon folder and you will se ;)

Most of the SFP offical releases starts as internal releases and when we have made sure we havent made any big misstakes wite it its released to the public. Ofcourse we dont remember to fix everything fore the releases. And stuff like the acre radios that we always use over self is one of them, hove can you play this game wite out it? :D

As said the best place fore help wite the contens is anrop.se

I have this downloaded from SU, but I’m a little confused I’m looking at a island called ‘Bangou’, it’s 40 x 40km and is fairly huge. Is this the island that this mod talks about, also there is no clutter i.e. tree’s, grass etc, and virtually no buildings.. I don’t know if something went wrong with the download or I just got a huge island with nowhere to hide….??

Edit

Ignore the top request, must have had one pill to many, me mixing up mods..:confused:

Would still like to know what mod 'Bangou' island belongs to ?

Edited by HR4 Elite
Mistake

Looking forward to trying this out. GranQ! It's been a while. :)