Sign in to follow this  
grant977

Occasional Black Screen

First off love this game. Been looking for somthing like this ever since simopter.

Here is my problem this happens with arma II as well the screen goes black sometimes and never comes back but game is not frozen. I have to alt. Del to quit. I read somwhere a few days ago there was a command to fix this when it happens.

grant977 let me guess... GTX260/280/295 right? Tough luck. Not much you can do apart from "flush" mentioned above

Oh so flush doesn't restore the screen. I thought it was some kind of a recovery from a sticky situation where you're gonna have a bad time, m'kay. I would try it, but it wont crash anymore. I don't know why. Maybe because I lowered the resolution so I can have some stereoscopic bliss.

Edited by BadWeather

I had the opposite when arma 2 was released (a white screen). Changing the video memory setting to something different worked for me and the problem would go away for months. But this seems to be a different problem all together, but maybe it helps. Is video memory set to default? Or something else?