Sign in to follow this  
docehrenhoefer

Whales??

I jut tried the "whaling" mission. Well, the first one was no problem. But I found a group of 3 whales very close to the 1st location, and Kelly just does not film.

Is there another group? What is the problem here?? Or is it a bug?

Try having a look on your map for some of the areas they may be cruising :)

Yea took me a couple of minutes to figure out what is going on. I do have a gripe about the map though, if you dont have the heli trimmed before going to the map, you have a good chance of having the heli out of control when you quit looking at the map (also the loading menu after quitting the menu is annoying)....(come to think of it the pause when autosaving is EXTREMELY annoying.)

One last thing, there is a sorta bug at the end of this mission. After you are sidetracked on the way home to hover over the yacht, and you complete that sidequest, it KEEPS on telling you that the yacht is still the current active task. After continuing to hover over the yacht for a couple of more min without anything, I went back to base and the mission ended correctly.

It took me a long time to find the whales because I was so focused on staying within 300m of the boat I missed the first group of whales (perm waypoint disabled).

I freakin followed the dam boat nearly to the map border! then he turned around and headed back, where I finally found the whales. I was nearly out of fuel, but I made it back to the Heliport.

Put it into auto hover to check map

I freakin followed the dam boat nearly to the map border!

Ja ja ja ja :D :D :D :D

It is a BIS Easter egg to endure your joystick skills :p

I do have a gripe about the map though, if you dont have the heli trimmed before going to the map, you have a good chance of having the heli out of control when you quit looking at the map

Try RCtrl + G for the GPS (mini-map, while you can still see the game and without loading). You can even customize it to be larger in Game Options > Interface Layout.

Try RCtrl + G for the GPS (mini-map, while you can still see the game and without loading). You can even customize it to be larger in Game Options > Interface Layout.

haha...nice to kn ow...haven´t checked for propper settings though, always was focused on Rctrl + M (ArmA like) :D

Once I checked the map and noticed that there were more than one huge areas, it actually haven´t took a long time for me to locate the whales...but honestly I was neeed to check the forums to at least got the idea to scroll out of the local area of the map, to see that other reagions...I always thought that the other groups are close to the first group.

Nice Mission. I like the Whales fountains, looks quite real from up the Air.