Sign in to follow this  
jumpinghubert

how to include OA/Arma2 islands?

I allow the use of all my islands (Jade Groove, Panthera, Isla Duala, Lingor and upcoming Balkania) in ToH for strictly entertainment gaming purposes, but without any alterations to the files (including configs). If you have a trouble lemme know and I'll release an update so it works with ToH, too.

If that is okay with BIS of course(!), EULA doesn't state I can use my islands for ToH game.

I allow the use of all my islands (Jade Groove, Panthera, Isla Duala, Lingor and upcoming Balkania) in ToH for strictly entertainment gaming purposes, but without any alterations to the files (including configs). If you have a trouble lemme know and I'll release an update so it works with ToH, too.

If that is okay with BIS of course(!), EULA doesn't state I can use my islands for ToH game.

now that would be awesome. you've made some of my fave islands. dig to scope em out in TKOH.

I had some success with integrating Arma, OA and Lingor so far. First I used the command line linking tool mentioned in this thread before, but then Sickboy made me aware of:

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html.

I followed this procedure:

1. Create Take On Helicopters\@arma2\AddOns\
  2. Link all files from Arma 2\AddOns\ to Take On Helicopters\@arma2\AddOns
  3. Create directory Take On Helicopters\@armaOA\AddOns\
  4. Link all files from ArmA 2\Expansion\Addons to Take On Helicopters\@armaOA\AddOns
  5. Remove everything starting with 'ui' from @arma2 and @armaOA
  6. Create a junction for all mod folders in ArmA 2, e.g. everything starting with @ to Take On Helicopters
  7. Modify shortcut to load the needed addons for Lingor

The RPT still contains a bunch of warnings, mostly because of missing entries. Probably the 'ArmA 2\Common' contents need to be linked as well?

The most common warning I encountered was 'Sound Oil_pump not found'. Any ideas?

TeTeT

Have you read what IceBreakr said?

Just wait for official release from creator of these islands :)

TeTeT

Have you read what IceBreakr said?

Just wait for official release from creator of these islands :)

Yes, but I do not think that "I allow the use of all my islands" translates to 'I will release them separately for ToH'. However, I think the statement "If you have a trouble lemme know and I'll release an update so it works with ToH, too." gives reason to indicate that IceBreakr is interested in results of people trying out his islands in ToH. I might be wrong, like so often, though.

how to include OA/Arma2 islands?
Suma:

A2/OA content is not licensed for TOH use (and vice versa).

Also, many addon makers do not want their work used outside of the Arma series and TOH is not Arma.

Putting all this together I feel this is an unwanted topic.