Sign in to follow this  
jumpinghubert

how to include OA/Arma2 islands?

Yes. Just load your A2 and OA Stuff in an Modfolder.

I load at first the A2 content, then OA and then Usermade stuff.

Works very well. Had a nice fly trough Clafghan today :D

Nice ... can you make a little vid of that. That island is allready awesome but with the clouds from Take On it should even look more marvelous.

P.S. It can be a nice idea to make one big map out of alot of community made maps and BIS maps to include in Take On. So you can fly to different Islands while still be in the same world. :)

Nice ... can you make a little vid of that. That island is allready awesome but with the clouds from Take On it should even look more marvelous.

P.S. It can be a nice idea to make one big map out of alot of community made maps and BIS maps to include in Take On. So you can fly to different Islands while still be in the same world. :)

Sorry but i have no Youtube Account, but i´ll upload some pics.

One problem with most custom maps is, that there a much less clouds than in BI-Maps, no idea why. Clafghan seems ok with this.

Srn3u6t4.jpg

8jMzLvYC.jpg

koI1su7b.jpg

41W3wuXf.jpg

Does anyone know a way to disable the old clouds? It´s a bit strange to have the old clouds above the new ones.

I'm suprised no one (even moderators) are taking actions since many islands (including mine) clearly state that use outside of A2 game is prohibited?

What about saying RV-engine only? :)

However I totally understand if a modder doesnt want this. It's his right.

I'm suprised no one (even moderators) are taking actions since many islands (including mine) clearly state that use outside of A2 game is prohibited?

I was about to make videos featuring some of your islands ;), however, I will honor your request if you do not wish your island projects to be used in Take on Helicopters.

The question you must ask yourself is, How far outside of A2 use is Take on Helicopters?

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Sorry, didn't have time to test out ToH yet - busy with RL and island work for A2 ;)

I guess I can allow the use of my island in ToH BIS game too, but not their military simulators.

I admit, I assumed permission was given without reviewing the readme. :o

thanks for reminding me not to take for granted the efforts and requests of addon authors.

Your work is appreciated.

Collecting the files required to use the original A2/OA islands.

Currently I've got Chernarus and Utes:

http://www.pastie.org/2772336

Sickboy,

You forgot to add the plants2*.pbo to your list of pbos required to get Chernarus and Utes going in ToH. I added all 5 such files and the veg looks great.

http://tinyurl.com/7aepeaw

-Ziggy-;2057170']I admit' date=' I assumed permission was given without reviewing the readme. :o

thanks for reminding me not to take for granted the efforts and requests of addon authors.

Your work is appreciated.[/quote']

How did you get Uhao into ToH? I ran out of energy yesterday trying to figure out which pbo's were needed from Arma - ended up chasing my tail and after a week of trying to get Skyrim to run nicely I was tired! Caa1 was needed to get Arma islands into Arma2, did you do something to tweak this or did you just grab the pbos from Arma?

How did you get Uhao into ToH? ... Caa1 was needed to get Arma islands into Arma2, did you do something to tweak this or did you just grab the pbos from Arma?

here are the islands' Armed Assault prerequisites

buildings.pbo 
misc.pbo 
plants.pbo 
roads.pbo 
rocks.pbo 
sara.pbo 
signs.pbo

Yes, I did tweak the original addon to get it to work. :o

I have tentative permission to modify and release from a moderator who participated in the project, but I am hoping for permission from the original author (OFman) before I make it available publicly. It appears he has left the community with invalid email contact info. :icon_neutral:

I am not skilled with the BIS tools, so it is an 'ugly' port with errors and addon requirements, but it works.:p

I am willing to release the modified pbo (a single change, "required version" removed) to the public if it follows proper community etiquette, otherwise it's best kept for personal use only. I hope you understand.

Perhaps I can add *modified by DirTyDeeDs-Ziggy- to work in ToH* to OFmans' original readme, would that make it acceptable?

Where did you get those pbos? I got Uhao from Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3566

depbo'd, changed the requiredversion to 1.01, pbo'd, and put it in a ToH mod folder, but that doesn't work. Only uhao.pbo came with it, not the pbos you listed. ????

Thanks. Man, more files. 1.7 GB? Jeesh. :rolleyes:

If I worked at BIS (dream on), and Maruk gave the go-ahead, I'd make the OFP and ArmA 1-2 worlds available for download as ToH mods, and charge $10 for it. None of this CAA/Eliteness/blah blah/pbo hassle. ;)

Edited by OMAC

-Ziggy-;2062845']here are the islands' Armed Assault prerequisites

buildings.pbo 
misc.pbo 
plants.pbo 
roads.pbo 
rocks.pbo 
sara.pbo 
signs.pbo

I got them from my Armed Assault installation ;)

Yes, I'm cheating. Never played Armed Assault or OFP. :o

Don't really need to because of:

http://cwr.armedzone.com/

the best damned mod I've ever seen. Just F____G AWESOME. Can we get Everon, etc. into ToH without much hassle? WOlle, Max Power, and Celery would know!

Edited by OMAC

Awesome. Which pbos are needed?

Did you figure out how to point the command line to another directory on your system, like -mod="c:\Program Files\Arma2\@CWR2...." or something, or did you just copy everything into a ToH mod folder? That's what I did for Chernarus.

-Ziggy-;2062878']

my poor Harddrive :tongue:

I know what you mean. Thanks!

I downloaded CAA1 to try and get Uhao into ToH, but all the FAQ, wiki, etc. for it is gone from dev-heaven, and it looks like a major hassle to figure out. :(

I dont have "CAA1" so I dont know what it contains... :confused:

I have the original addons from the Armed Assault installation instead. :D

-Ziggy-;2062886']if you have the CAA1' date=' cant you just pull out the .pbos I described earlier and place them with your modified OFM_Uhao.pbo?

I have the original addons from the Armed Assault installation instead. :D[/quote']

You might have to do some tweaking to CAA1 as some of the configs were renamed as caa1_ rather than ca_. I tried with it 'cos my Arma DVD is in the loft but I gave up after a couple of hours. It was late though!

I have CAA1 to play Sarahni etc in A2, but I think I'll grab the Arma files off my Arma DVD. I just need someone to go in my loft for me.

Lots of duplication on my HD now!

-Ziggy-;2062886']if you have the CAA1' date=' cant you just pull out the .pbos I described earlier and place them with your modified OFM_Uhao.pbo?

I have the original addons from the Armed Assault installation instead. :D[/quote']

I'll try that, but CAA1 doesn't contain Uhao as far as I can tell. But CAA1 has multiple Saranhi worlds, all of which are fantastic! CAA1 works perfectly with A2 CO as is, but some pbos need reversioning to work in ToH. CWR2 just pops into ToH and works very well.

----------------------------------------------

I am getting strange behavior now with Chernarus and Utes in the .../Toh/@A2/addons folder. When I start ToH with no mods listed in the command line, the A2 mod loads anyway. When I start ToH with -mod=@testfm (testfm = modded FM by nightstalker), the A2 mod does not load (good). What gives? I cannot get the A2 mod not to load unless I remove the @a2 mod folder.

Edited by OMAC

I have a relatively simple quick method/way of getting A2 content to work in TKoH while the A2 data stays in the \A2\addons directory thus tricking TKoH into seeing the files as if they were in the \TKoH\namehere directory and the whole process only contributes to ~160kb of extra “used†HDD space vs. the <8.18gb if you copied the A2 files over to within the TKoH directorys like most/all of you are doing.

NOTE: if you have copied actual A2 files to an addon directory in take on helicopters, then if you follow below your best off deleting the .pbo, .bi.bisign, .bi2.bisign files from within that folder, then using that folder for below as you will have the mod.cpp etc and –mod= switch already in place.

In reality the it take about 1min to do what’s below, when you know what you’re doing, which is ~5min quicker than it would take to copy & paste actual files of ~8.18gb.

1: in the TKoH root folder (e.g. C:\...\...\...\take on helicopters\), create a folder called “arma2â€

2: in the “arma2†folder you have just created, you will ultimately be making another folder called “Addons†by the time you get to step 11 below, thus ultimately creating the path e.g.

“C:\...\...\...\take on helicopters\arma2\Addonsâ€

3: make a temporary backup of your Arma 2 game’s AddOns directory e.g. “C:\...\...\...\arma 2\AddOns\†folder – just in case, which can then be deleted later!

4: on the desktop right click and create a new text document, you can call it whatever you want.

5: in the .txt document you have created turn off “word wrap†format (so a single line of text can be wider than the screen width), then type the following:

mklink /J

(keep the document open)

Note if you want more info on “mklink†type cmd into the start menu > run, hit enter then type:

mklink /?

to bring up the command prompt help on mklink usage.

6: then copy & paste the link for the where the new “Addons†folder will be noted in step #2 above into the .txt document you created in step 4 and that should still be open from step 5, to create e.g.

mklink /J “C:\...\...\...\take on helicopters\arma2\Addonsâ€

Note you should encase paths with Ҡas in “C:\...\...\...\folder name\folder name\â€

7: next copy and paste for your Arma 2 games AddOns path (e.g. “C:\...\...\...\arma 2\AddOns\â€) to create

mklink /J “C:\...\...\...\take on helicopters\arma2\Addons†“C:\...\...\...\arma 2\AddOns\â€

Now save the text document.

For refreance mine looks like this (noting: I use steam and have a non-standard installation path outside of “program filesâ€)

mklink /J “F:\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\take on helicopters\arma2\AddOns†“F:\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2\AddOnsâ€

Formatting:

mklink /J “destination folder path†“source folder pathâ€

8: at this moment in time you are now best to head to the file/folder options in windows to change the settings to show “hidden files†and to show all file extensions (.txt, .exe, .pbo, .dll, .bat and so on) .

9: for reference make a note of the HDD capacity in use on the drive that TKoH is on (noting you may have a temp backup of arma 2\AddOns from step 3 adding ~8.18gb which can be deleted once all the steps are completed)

10: next right click on the text document you saved in step 7 and change the file extension from .txt to .bat and confirm change, the .bat extension with “right click > edit†will open as a text document BUT if you dibble click on it or “right click > open†it will run in the command prompt (to should complete without error) – if you don’t want to create a .bat file or you cannot change file/folder options in windows see the latter part of step 11.

11: double click on the .bat file from step 10 above to execute it in command prompt - alternatively if you don’t want to create a .bat file or you cannot change file/folder options in windows, you can copy and paste the full mklink /J………. that is in the text file into command prompt via “start menu > run†then type cmd then hit OK, or look in “start menu > programs > accessories > command prompt†and open this to paste the full mklink /J………. that is in the text file, then hit enter to run the pasted line, also if you get any errors running the .bat method fall back to the copy and paste method into an already open command prompt window, that way the window will stay open to display the error message rather than shutting like with .bat files once run.

12: you should now go to your “take on helicopters\arma2\Addons†folder and see what looks like.

13: next you need a mod.cpp to place in the \take on helicopters\arma2\ folder, which most of you will have if you have copied actual “physical†files into an A2 folder of some description to get the islands to work that way.

mod.cpp:

name = "Arma 2";
  picture = "logo_arma2_ca.paa";
  actionName = "Website";
  action = "http://www.arma2.com/"; 

or if you don’t have “logo_arma2_ca.paaâ€

name = "Arma 2";
 // picture = "mod.paa"; optional to use different mod picture, mod.paa is default
  actionName = "Website";
  action = "http://www.arma2.com/"; 

14: add the relevant -mod=arma2 to the start-up short cut icon

15: start up take on helicopters and you should see “Arma 2†in the expansions and the Arma 2 islands available the take on helicopters editor and all the missions, so you can now exit.

16: next, if you only want the islands then you can delete the relevant vehicle, mission etc and weed out other unneeded files (.pbo, .bi.bisign, .bi2.bisign) from the “take on helicopters\arma2\Addons†folder (as they are like short cut files but without the “shortcut†little arrow on the icon), if you have previously copied and pasted A2 files into a TKoH mod folder you will know why files you do or don’t need and if you delete to many of the shortcuts simply rerun step 11 above to put them back. only if useing mklink /D on a per file basis i.e.

mklink /D "F:\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\take on helicopters\arma2\Addons\a10.pbo" "F:\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2\AddOns\a10.pbo"

17: repeating the above but replacing Arma 2 info with Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead info to e.g. “\take on helicopters\arma2oa\Addons†Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead can be done the same way (PMC and BAF don’t seem to as Steam doesn’t like it)

18: if it all works then you can delete the backup from step 3 above.

NOTE: as with anything internet/PC/life you do the above at your own risk, there is enough info above to do the above and any files paths above are for generic representation. :lecture:

now if only I could get £1 for every 1gb of HDD space the above saves! ;)

Edited by b101_uk
edit of #2, #6 & #12, they were as per "mklink /D" which are files rather than "mklink /J" which is folders!!!!

b101_uk,

EXCELLENT! Thank you for saving us some space.

However, I could not get it to work unless there was no addons directory in the ToH/arma2 folder before running the .bat. If there was, I got an error running the bat file that said something like "cannot create file if it already exists." That referred to the addons folder in ToH/arma2. If I deleted that (empty) folder, then the .bat ran successfully. The shortcut/link symbol is now shown on the ToH/arma2/addons folder icon. In that folder, all the A2 files are now in there, and there is absolutely no indication that they are links rather than real, full, fat files (nerve-wracking).

I used ToH/@A2 folder instead of ToH/arma2 - I use @ for all my mod folders.

Also, what is the logo_arma2_ca.paa file? Such a file does not exist in my Arma2 installation folder, and I copied in the mod.paa from the BAF folder instead.

Also, in your step 16, if you go into ToH/arma2/addons and delete files, the real versions in Arma2/addons will be deleted. Not good at all. If you go to ToH/arma2 and delete the linked addons folder, then the real files are NOT deleted.

And again, as I mentioned above, the arma2 mod will load even if there is no -mod=arma2 in the command line. Not good. How can I get the A2 mod NOT to load without removing the A2 folder?

----------------------------------------------

I would recommend making the ToH/@A2/addons folder, and then running this batch file, which creates file symbolic links to the correct files, and only the correct files. The files are the ones Sickboy listed plus the plants2* files needed for the .... plants! These symlinks can be deleted as necessary and the targets in the Arma 2 directory will be preserved. Edit as necessary for your directory structure.

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\buildings.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\buildings.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\buildings2.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\buildings2.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\buildings2_Ind_CementWorks.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\buildings2_Ind_CementWorks.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\Ca.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\Ca.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\chernarus.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\chernarus.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\chernarus_Data.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\chernarus_Data.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\chernarus_Data_Layers.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\chernarus_Data_Layers.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\misc.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\misc.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\Roads2.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\Roads2.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\rocks2.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\rocks2.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\signs2.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\signs2.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\structures.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\structures.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\ui.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\ui.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\UIFonts.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\UIFonts.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\utes.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\utes.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\plants2_Bush.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\plants2_Bush.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\plants2_Clutter.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\plants2_Clutter.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\plants2_misc.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\plants2_misc.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\plants2_Plant.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\plants2_Plant.pbo"

mklink "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@A2\addons\plants2_Tree.pbo" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\plants2_Tree.pbo"

Edited by OMAC