Sign in to follow this  
-DirTyDeeDs--Ziggy-

Is a server.exe going to be released?

Also interested, currently it seems Securom needs to be installed on the server to run? Which is giving me issues currently.

we will release dedicated server later (should be sooner than later)

should release it very much sooner so we can get some nice dedicted servers out there .....

should release it very much sooner so we can get some nice dedicted servers out there .....

In the meantime: takeonh.exe -server

With the Sprocket version, I'm getting issues with SecuROM when trying to run the -server command line argument.

Is there a way to disable SecuROM for -server, or should I get the Steam version to sidestep the issue?

Edited by Jest

The Windows Dedicated Server (without protection, so you can run it on your dedicated machine) will be part of Patch 1, due out as soon as possible. But don't let me stop you from buying additional copies ;)

server stuff is same as with the A2: OA, updating BIKI for it is WIP

Thanks but sad to see steam is not patched yet , hope the two verisons play nice ..

Awesome news any instruction provided. Will be buying soon and hoping to host a dedi server on our box. *NwA* clan from Project Reality.

Also Sickboy can you ask the ACRE guys if the teamspeak ACRE plugin can be modded to be used so we can have a radio system in our helis for multipalyer play. I am assuming its easy so sorry for that. If they can do it then multiplayer mission would be epic.

Not as easy and quick as it might seem. Jay would need to create a version of JayArma2Lib specifically for TOH. I've been talking to Nou about this and it may or may not happen (remember, they are busy with the rebuild for ACRE 1.4).

I understand, forgot about 1.4. There is lot that can be done and I'm sure there will be many great things to be added to ToH in the future.

Good to know its not a no just a "wtf dude, do you get what's involved" that I can hold hold onto.