Sign in to follow this  
EugenyKrag

RedFox studio - Russian modern motorized infantry

Indeed. I think a lot of us awaits for such replacement.

I second this motion

Can you give us a bit more details about different types of crewmen and 3 different types of helmets? How they will be differ? Can you post some eye-candy here? It's really good to hear that you work on improving models even further, this game really needs a lot of good-looking Russian-themed content. :)

sorry but now I cant show you any screens, I'll show when all of them will be ready.

About different crewmen types. There are two of them - officer and private. The other info is classified :). So, you'll see when it's done.

I know a new version will come out but, the off-duty soldier makes the game crash, and i please BEG you to make a replacement, the standard units look like chopsticks with buckets on ther heads. I mentioned the off-duty soldier thingy to remind you (you might allready know) that it makes the game crash and so that in the next patch it will be perfect, but dont exceed on placing AKMs on them, yes not many optical gear, but its called "Russian modern infantry" for a reason. The faces and hands also turn white when you go away from a certain distance from one or more of the units, but anyways the addon is great and finally a new look for the OPFOR forces. Thanx.

About AKM:

We have man, who give us tips about weapons. He took part in chechnya war and Osetia 2008. and as I know AKM has all features,it's universal rifle, you can upgrade it gor gp-25,for pso, for any optics, it has really good power. in army on 10 aks we have 1 - 2 AKM.

+pbs1. Russian special troops still often use the AKM because it can fit a PBS1.

Im sure eugeny wont over-do the AKM anyway.

Well, I've looked through the August War pics again. AKM(S)s only with Chechen Bataillon "Vostok". Other regular troops (army, vdv) all equipped with AK74Ms. Recon attachments and special forces have used quite a lot VSS and VAL 9x39 suppressed rifles. No Cobra optic seen only a few 1p29s and of course PSOs.

I like the idea of equipping a rifleman and a grenadier with an AKMS, though. In the second Chechen War they have been been used, I know.

ЗдравÑтвуй, мама, Ñ Ð¿Ð¸ÑˆÑƒ тебе пиÑьмо.

ЗдравÑтвуй, мама, вÑе как прежде хорошо.

Светит Ñолнце, вÑе нормально.

Ðад горой лежит туман.

Знаешь, мама, здеÑÑŒ не Ñтрашно, ПроÑто здеÑÑŒ ТакиÑтан.

Edited by DiFool

you guys still plan to have an addon free version right? no weapons packs required?

Yeah, ive noticed the flora camo units depend on RH AK pack, could you make it just optional? because many people just prefer BIS standard weapons.

I would suggest to make a addon free version. ACE replaces the weapons of the standard units. So if the standart units are replaced by this, maybe their weapons get replaced by ACE?

Maybe that's a solution (2 config pbos). Shouldn't be too much work.

As Zhenya said: the BIS weapons do not match the weapons used by the RF forces.

Cant you guys just use the BIS AK74?

It would not be realistic as default BIS AK74 are not AK74M.

BIS AK74 are the one with wood furniture and stock when AK74M has got black polymer one.

AK74 with wood are not used anymore in Russian Forces for a long time now (except for training and conscripts maybe).

please make a version with the default 107s. yeah, its not authentic (neither is US army with mk16s!), but i really dont like using weapons packs because they usually are not sound mod compatible, and usually sound like utter crap

I agree with That guy, its still better with default 107s, btw Eugeny, our army is actually starting to use Ak-103s, probably the marine forces, and the spetsnaz are extremely advanced in weaponry and some use AK-105. And weapon packs are extremely uncomfortable, for example: vilas' East weapon pack makes certain US soldiers loose their M4s, please let them have BIS standard weapons and make the weapons pack replacement as "Optional". That way people can freely choose either standard BIS weapons or a weapon replacement pack and everyone will be happy. Once again,thanx for the great Addon.

It would not be realistic as default BIS AK74 are not AK74M.

BIS AK74 are the one with wood furniture and stock when AK74M has got black polymer one.

AK74 with wood are not used anymore in Russian Forces for a long time now (except for training and conscripts maybe).

And you know this how?

As Ive read on several mil-forums from and about russias army, they are still being used and have been for a long time. Russia has a big army. They dont just say "Today, we throw every working ak74 away and replace them with ak74m / 107's". It takes a long time to replace a weapon, longer when you have so many variants in operation.

As far as the "impression-ratio" for this mod:

(VDV airborne still prefers to use ak74M with folding stock as far as I know, and I think this is one of the few units where you would find the most consistency in weapons due to the parajump demands).

Other than that, take a look at the newest photos from Dagestan etc you can find.. I rarely see the same weapon twice on the same photo. Best thing you could do in my opinion is not to be afraid of making a little variation in the weapons on the soldiers. When thats said, It doesnt make a huge difference - thats what ammo crates are for! As The Guy says, BIS AK107 is probably fine if you wanna make it 'standalone'. However, I still think most russian guys or fanatics or whatever you will call them/us prefers older weapons like ak74 / ak74m :-D

Most optimal thing you could do is to make a config for ACE users, and Standalone users. :)

Note:

Ive only seen parade photos where a whole unit is using the same AK and uniforms. I have never seen this in combat photos. Never, and ive seen alot!

Edited by MugAben

I agree with That guy, its still better with default 107s, btw Eugeny, our army is actually starting to use Ak-103s, probably the marine forces, and the spetsnaz are extremely advanced in weaponry and some use AK-105. And weapon packs are extremely uncomfortable, for example: vilas' East weapon pack makes certain US soldiers loose their M4s, please let them have BIS standard weapons and make the weapons pack replacement as "Optional". That way people can freely choose either standard BIS weapons or a weapon replacement pack and everyone will be happy. Once again,thanx for the great Addon.

no there are no any ak 100+ series in regular army, only in spetsnaz,only.

no there are no any ak 100+ series in regular army, only in spetsnaz,only.

Yeah I agree. I wasnt sure on this, but thats also what I've seen and read most places.

Well, MugAben, it is obvious that replacing all AK74 is a very long process... but it has begun nearly 20 years ago.

My reference http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/variants.html

"The AK-74M is basically a very late production AKS-74 with a number of notable improvements. It almost immediately replaced both the AK-74 and AKS-74 in the Russian procurement system once it was officially adopted by the military in 1991"

So nearly every AK74 type rifle delivered after 1991 was an AK74M. In my references (http://www.militaryphotos.net and the useful forum http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php), I can see that wood furnitures on AK74 are very hard to find on field after 2000 (on field, yes, 'cause there are huge stocks by the way). It would not be impossible but limited to conscripts or far border garrisons (where you can still find ssh-68 worn :Oo:).

In this mod, we are dealing with recent loadouts (6b23 body armor or 6b26 helmet) on which you can not decently put AK74 with wood stock and furniture. That is why I answered this to Mr_Centipede.

That said, it is a mechanized infantry mod and not MVD troop nor VDV nor what else... and yes I agree for a greater variety of weapons but it is quite limited to AK74M (and maybe with AKS74), PKM, SVD, GP30 attached to AK, RPG22/27 and NPO-M... common equipements.

Days seem like years, cant wait for the update ^^. Anyways it's your addon, and its amazing and seems like RedFox took many time to make it, your decision on it's config, and if you want you can place woodstock standard BIS AK74s on them as long as it doesnt need a weapon pack, PLEASE!

Leave their time, I prefer they take their time, and they release a stable addons.

As you know Eugeny, I always here for your help, if you want some pictures, some vidéo, some reference, or inspiration.

Take your times for get out a good release ;)

Just adding into Stop some of the confusion with the Current weapons in the Russian Army

the Ak-74 is still used, Mainly in Training and in Forces stationed on Islands and other Logistics Nightmare places (In the Colder Regions I've seen this in use)

The Aksu is still used mainly by Weapon Crew

Ak-74p is still used in limited numbers

Ak74m is now the Standard

Ak-105 is being slowly put into Service, Ive seen it with Weapon Crewmen

Edited by JakeWed

Krag hasnt been around for a while. I PM'd him 2 weeks ago and he still ain anwsered. As for the replacement I dont know, but these guys were undergoing an update to fix the bugs.