Sign in to follow this  
EugenyKrag

RedFox studio - Russian modern motorized infantry

"why putting AK107 on those units and not AK74M that is far more reallistic for this type of infantry ?"

because vanilla arma 2 and co haven't got any ak-74m.

Sorry, my bad, foolish question just because I play every time with ACE...

these units are pretty cool, but i have noticed a couple small problems:

there are issues with shadows (holes and tears in the shadow)

some units have no webgear/LBVs on (who should probably have them. grenadiers, saboteurs, AT, engineer)

some inconsistency with unit loadout. MGs only have 2 belts, while riflemen and marksmen have a full 12 mags, and no units have grenades or smokes. some units that have GLs don't have a full compliment of ammo

no autoriflemen or medic

not backpack compatible?

looking forward to a replacement pack though

yes yes, I know that all. in the next version i'll try to correct all the problems and bugs.

thank you. :)

I really like the look of modern russian soldiers, looks awesome. The only issue I really have is with the textures messing up at a really short distance.

Great units, congratulations to the team for a excellent release albeit a few bugs, still fantastic, heres a suggestion though, take it as a grain of sand, perhaps ask VIL if you can use his weapon pack, they would really add a certain authentic look to them with proper weapons in their hands.

I'm looking forward to future releases!

Loving it so far, have already given the flora troops RH weapons (I know it came with a RH config although I made my own with more soldier types and more weapons in use, for example automatic riflemen.)

Performance is slightly choppier than BIS units, although still smooth and high quality too.

ACE rucksacks seem to work fine so far, but there are no woodland russian rucksacks avaliable.

Also, it would be nice to see some desert camo in the future. No extra models with sleeves rolled up or anything, just desert camo reskin.

Once again, loving the mod, and I will send my RH config when I have completed the digital camo soldiers. It has auomatic riflemen, assistant machine gunners, riflemen with kobra sights, 1P29 sights, PSO-1 sights, and a few anti tank weapons too .

When I send you the files I will replace some ace launchers with BIS launchers so those without ace can still play.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Doh, sleeves are already rolled up on some units. But you get the idea :)

EugenyKrag, send me your email address and I can send you updated config files with all the new units and loadout fixes.

It should save you heaps of time, and it even has seperate ACE loadouts as well.

Edited by Tom1

Some screens of new version.

For them,who didn't read the list of fixes.

-we deleted unnecessary units(like in bulletproof and cap)

-deleted sapper in bulletproof 6B43

-rebuilt tanker

-fixed selections of bulletproofs and vests

-rebuilt lods for all the units

-made new textures of flora camo

-changed the cap for officer in flora

-changed texture of backpack for gunner from digital to flora

-now all the bulletproof fit the soldier's body

-now the vests isn't deformed in action

preview.pngpreview.pngpreview.png

I wore knee for officer,gunner and scout(rifleman(light)) And now the body isn't passing through the body.

I hope you'll enjoy it.

preview.png

Hello there!

Awesome news guys! Question: are the Units now all Flora / all digital Flora ? Because the current ones are a bit mixed

Anyway, hope to see them soon :-D

Edited by FLv*VeNoM*
Damn autocorrection ...

Hello there!

Awesome news guys! Question: are the Units now all Flora / all digital Flora ? Because the current ones are a bit mixed

Anyway, hope to see them soon :-D

it's still like in previous bersion,there will be also digital and typical russian flora

Looking great!

Could you please add a machine gunner and a RPG7 soldier? I'm really missing those. And may I advice you not to use too much optical gear on the weapons? Noz very realistic, IMHO. You see 1p29s used with airborne troops here and there, but that's all.

Great! not long after 1.0 it looks like 1.1 will be around the corner!

I notice that the RH config that their anti-tank capabilities is a bit light only one RPG-18?, they need more fight power in that department and a Pecheneg or PKM would be great instead of the lone RPK automatic rifleman.

Looking forward to 1.1, keep up the good work.

Any chance of getting a medic kinda hard getting anywhere without one?

We need Medic, RPG7 Grenadier, Machinegunner, Autorifleman and all the other BIS standard classes, isnt be too hard to just make them inherit the base class for these anyway and use a different model.

Also next update should come OA backpack compatible if Eugeny sorts it out :)

medic will be in new version, 2 different tankers too, backpacks for oa and thermal textures, new legs, 3 different helmets, RPG soldier, and other features :)

Edited by EugenyKrag

medic will be in new version, 2 different tankers too, backpacks for oa and thermal textures, new legs, 3 different helmets, RPG soldier, and other features :)

Sweet, cant wait! :)

Also next update should come OA backpack compatible if Eugeny sorts it out :)

So the backpacks, thermalmaps, helmets, new camo textures (no, no desert, just improved non-digital flora) and config parts are ready. Now trying to give selections to new legs :)

I think it would be great to make a replacement for every russian unit in Arma 2. Your models look fantastic!

I think it would be great to make a replacement for every russian unit in Arma 2. Your models look fantastic!

Indeed. I think a lot of us awaits for such replacement.

yes indeed! i cant wait to see all the russians NOT wearing those silly 50 year old steel bed pans on their heads

Can you give us a bit more details about different types of crewmen and 3 different types of helmets? How they will be differ? Can you post some eye-candy here? It's really good to hear that you work on improving models even further, this game really needs a lot of good-looking Russian-themed content. :)