Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Congratulations, BIS, on another great game release!

Trackir. not normally done but my style, i like to use my lean forward as a view zoom facility but there are no analogous variations of the zoom that i can see. just need to get viewing the cockpit instruments more closer at times. seems its only at the furthest extents. In or Out. wishing for better system there.

That seemed a bit weird 'cause I thought I'd been using analogue zoom all the time and quite right, after a quick dip into a chopper, zooming just as much or as little as I please. The control is there - Zoom in continuous or something - its only found in the All Controls category. At least I couldn't quickly spot it anywhere else.

Also mentioned earlier was the sensitivity of head movement and zoom. Now I'm not sure about TrackIR, but FreeTrack x,y,z(not pitch,yaw) translational axises had to be toned way down to have reasonable head movement. I set them at half the sensitivity and cut their range to about one third of the full range. Now I have normal control over all six degrees of freedom thank you very much.

Oh and btw AWESOME fun. Not only is the career mode a great way to make time fly, but also just getting to grips with the choppers just keeps the grin up. :D

And I don't even have costly hardware. Mostly its second hand and stuff other people have deemed obsolete. Example: a hinge on the floor holding a wooden rod connected to a salvaged sliding resistor wired to an old rumble pad's throttle + some micro switches also wired to the pad <- collective

FreeTrack x,y,z(not pitch,yaw) translational axises had to be toned way down to have reasonable head movement. I set them at half the sensitivity and cut their range to about one third of the full range. Now I have normal control over all six degrees of freedom thank you very much.

Can you post screenshots of your curves and sensitivity settings? I still have problems, it tracks too fast, even on sensitivity 2

Sorry it took so long. I was busy flying, but I started a new thread where you can find those screenshots. If you ment ingame headtracking settings, I don't have any. I can only enable or disable freetrack. Maybe its different with a trackIR.

ive re applied the trackir profile to the trackir controller via the controller section. my slider now works as zoom by default ! and for the first time ever in any flightsim it works properly without stuttering \o/ Hoorahh !

Played a bit yesterday and want to add my congrats, definitely enjoying it (as a FSX and Arma2 fan).

It feels like the dev team took our feedback from the pre-release beta and improved the transition to hover (no bunny hop now) and also the light helicopter doesn't float as much now when you drop collective, it actually loses altitude.

If it's not just placebo effect then my thanks to the dev team for listening to that, enjoying TOH as is and looking forward to lots of future enhancements similar to Arma series.

I want to take this opportunity to congratulate and thank BIS for another excellent game release!

Wasn't a flightsim guy myself, but Take On convinced me, rather recently :)

Hear, hear !!

I have to say I really enjoy Take on helicopters!

I had a blast the last few hours flying through south asia, hammering five meters above the ground

with the luxury Merlin and doing slalom trough the oilfields :D (really recommend you trying that! ;)

Also congrats on the soundtracks! They are very good! Some of them make you just want to fly lower and faster and really pump you up; whereas others are very relaxing :)

I might not (yet) be able to play it on the desired settings but it already rocks!

Thanks a lot :)

I have been flying the full version over the last days now. I also snuck in some OA coop sessions with friends and I'm coming here from one right now, because I just realized something:

This is horrible!

I don't know how nobody seemed to notice during testing or if it's on purpose?

Flying a chopper was always fun in Arma, but I just did a bit of taxi service in a Huey and it's all feeling so... I don't know, damped?

So thanks for the great game and curse you for ruining Arma flying for me :p

Now I really need the new flight model in Arma 3.

Edit: Sellig63, is that train on the left riding on one bar from each track? Looks like what would happen if you put me in one of those :D