Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy1975

Rise And Fall Of Germany 1939-1945

Fields Of War:Eastern Front Mod

What is Eastern Front Mod?

Eastern Is a total conversion

for Arma2/OA/CO set in World War 2,the mod it's self is a massive mod whitch will have all stuff from the start attack on Russia to the fall of Berlin

Contents:

1.Features

2.Team

3.Helping Out

4.Media

1.Features

New nations to play as (Russia,Germans)

New animations

New Sounds

New Maps (Russia,Berlin this will be in later versions)

New weapons

New vehicles

2.Team

At the moment I'm Working On My Own :(

3.Helping Out

We're looking for people to help us out

we're looking for people with the following skills

3D Modeler

Skinner

Animations

Scripts

Map Maker

Someone To Put Units In Game

4.Media

As everyone knows people like updates and more pictures/videos so here's some media.

Zis-5

image3cy.th.jpg

image2no.th.jpg

Model By:Jim (W.I.P)

Zis-6

Zis-6:Zis Was Russian truck which was used a lot in world war 2 by the russians

it had multiple purposes in the war.

drawingx.th.jpg

zisdrawing1.th.jpg

Model By:Jim

Texture/Skin:Comeing soon.

render1drawing.th.jpg

render2drawingg.th.jpg

Also note the wheels on the pic are just for show and i'm working on a nice set of wheels for the model

so don't worry if they look weird :)

Also Mod Db Page up::yay:http://www.moddb.com/mods/eastern-front-mod

We hope you like the look of the mod so far

stay tuned for updates!

Thanks

The Team

NOTE:We changed the mod to Eastern Front Mod due to the feedback it's a smaller project and theres no russia v germany ww2 mod for arma 2

Edited by Jimmy1975

I would suggest first looking at the current WW2 mods, what they have released, and see what they will allow you to re-use in your mod. There's a lot out already that would save you a lot of time.

As for the "everything from WW2 covered"-type mod, I've never seen it done before and actually released in any realistic timeframe (say less than 2-3 years), so I doubt this mod will succeed in that, and I certainly hope you won't think of making the first release cover everything right away.

I wish you the best of luck.

Edited by JdB

Wow, Jimmy, you take the prize for "Most ambitious first post" ! lol

Seriously, given the effort it's taken a lot of people and time to do "a little bit of WWII" in the I44 mod (have you seen it? ), your aim is over the moon.

Anyway, best of luck.

This time frame is just massive. The research alone required to figure out what each faction was using through each year will be a massive undertaking. I wonder what quality level you're aiming for? And I hope you don't say 'arma 2 + quality, as realistic as possible, every bolt and rivet' because that won't happen. These forums are littered with the corpses of very ambitious modelling projects of single vehicles, nevermind 4 armies (and much, much more).

What kind of animations are you talking about? Someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong but I have yet to see any kind of custom soldier movement animations released for ArmA 2 yet. Even porting over old animations seems to be a toughy.

Coming from someone who is working on a project with many humans, aircraft, tanks, cars, trucks, islands, missions, campaigns, and research into the animation thing, trust me, you're going to need a hell of a team and many years to complete this. Like, this will be your every day hobby for the next half decade.

Edited by Max Power

Hi Jimmy its great idea all in one ww2 mod, but i think its to big for small team even if you will have big team making such a big mod will take probably couple of years. We have invasion 44 mod. In future: September 1939, Hell in the Pacyfic, Fields of war. So far we dont have mod about russian vs germans in ww2-> like liberation 41 mod for ofp (they make now full game iron front on arma 2engine)

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

Maybe you should focus first only on this part of ww2, its only suggestion. I wish you best luck with your mod. :)

Guys thanks for the feed back me and the team have been talking at we're gonig to focus on the Easton Front as there is not a Russia V Germany ww2 mod for arma 2

Remember we're looking for help if your interested send me a message

Edited by Jimmy1975
Due to feedback

Look forward to seeing your work.

How many are in your team?

Jimmy1975.

Mr?

?jr

Mc.?

:D

To be honest, I think you should bunch up with an existing mod team to expand what they're already doing. There's an eastern front WW2 game coming soon that uses the A2 engine.

Seems like you have taken on a massive undertaking. I'm eager to see how this develops, especially to find out whether you'd be considering to include some other nations there too. There were a lot of belligerents in the eastern front of WW2. We'll see ;)

PS. I think you might be interested in the new topic here, dealing with freeware models available for general use. Lots of Soviet armor fitting your theme there ;) See below:

Edited by topas

Thanks for the comments guys

@XxEnigmaxX We're a team of 2

@topas thanks for that so does this mean i download them give credits and use them in my mod? sorry if i got the wrong end of the stick :)

Also tonight guys hopeing to have a Ba-11 ready

Well, that's how I'd understand 'freeware', so that's how it probably is. Recent events thought me to double-check though.

Looking forward to that Ba-11. It seems that when our mods are completed, there'll be a pretty nice collection to gather in the end (we'll be featuring the Ba-10 by Pioneer in our mod), covering a nice time span and range of vehicles.

Okay thanks very much for the link,also looking forward to your mod very much keep up the good work :)

A Little Bit More Work A Zis-6

Zis-6

Zis-6:Zis Was Russian truck which was used a lot in world war 2 by the russians

it had multiple purposes in the war.

drawingx.th.jpg

zisdrawing1.th.jpg

Texture/Skin:Comeing soon.

Pictures of German stuff will be here soon

Edited by Jimmy1975
Small Update

While the models shown so far still need some finetuning (proportions/detail), I must admit that you're taking an interesting approach here, by not choosing the most 'obvious' anp popular models. One would have thought that ZiS-5 would be the first to make, as made in larger numbers. Plus, with the Ba-11 being manufactured in less than 20 pieces... it all looks very original.

Fingers crossed, will be watching this closely. ;)

Since Iron Front seems to cover eastern front in 1944, you could implement the Barbarossa scenario as German campaign and Siege of Berlin and/or Kursk battle as Soviet campaign.

While the models shown so far still need some finetuning (proportions/detail), I must admit that you're taking an interesting approach here, by not choosing the most 'obvious' anp popular models. One would have thought that ZiS-5 would be the first to make, as made in larger numbers. Plus, with the Ba-11 being manufactured in less than 20 pieces... it all looks very original.

Fingers crossed, will be watching this closely. ;)

I plan to have most of the not so well known model as well as the most popular ones (T34 series and tigers ect...)

Friday Updates

Since the announce of the mod i've been busy working on lots of stuff

so here's a little but of what i've made

87mm AA Gun

render1drawing.th.jpg

render2drawingg.th.jpg

Also note the wheels on the pic are just for show and i'm working on a nice set of wheels for the model

so don't worry if they look weird :)

Also Mod Db Page up::yay:http://www.moddb.com/mods/eastern-front-mod

looks interesting, have you any shots of models in 02. :)

one question: is there a reason you post images with that horrid filter on top? Isn't the reason of posting WIP images getting feedback or to actually show off your work (in that order)?

I for one couldn't tell much about them from the posted images, bar the overall shape of things.

good luck anyhow

i know what it looks like, but i've quickly came to the conclusion that they're useless :)

smartie pants

looks interesting, have you any shots of models in 02. :)

As of yet no but we're going to be putting them into the game soon :yay:

Yes it's a effect in 3ds max i use it as them w.i.p images have no textures on them yet.

Also i'm planing to show people some german stuff soon so keep looking out for it. :)

Thanks

Jim.

Zis-5

image2no.th.jpg

image3cy.th.jpg

Model By:jim

Some small changes have been done and now the zis-5 is more or less done

hopefully tonight there will be a texture put on the model :D

Tomorrow I hope to show you the first of the german stuff i think you will love it :) Also In,game shots comeing soon as well so it's all looking good :yay:

I hope to show you the Zis-5 finished by tonight...

Thanks

Jim.