Sign in to follow this  
highonsnow

Error messages after install, impossible to start game

Hi there,

I've just bought and installed the pre-order beta, downloaded, installed, activated - but it's telling me:

"Data file too short 'addons\characters_h.pbo' Expected ........... got ............."

I got a variety of these messages, only once per run, but I tried installing again and again on the same path, and it actually showed me a different error message for a different file each time, but now it has finally stopped changing and remains on characters_h.pbo no matter how many times I've installed the game in the same path.

I can't start the game!

Someone please, help..!

Some of the download file(s) is corrupt, which you need to re-downloaded. Since the official full release is now available for pre-load it's not very useful to redownload the corrupt beta file though ;)

I used Sprocket :( What's the solution? How can I get the individual files? That sprocket downloader looks like it was put together by a 2 year old.

How can I get the individual files? That sprocket downloader looks like it was put together by a 2 year old.

So, you can't find direct links? It's really easy. Just go where the download link is and scroll down the page. There is information with link to direct links.

Although we strongly recommend using our downloader (from the previous page) your direct download is ready

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup.exe NOT AVAILABLE FOR PRELOAD Take_On_Helicopters_Setup01.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup02.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup03.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup04.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup05.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup06.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup07.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup08.bin

This setup consists of 9 files

Please download all files into same directory and then run Take_On_Helicopters_Setup.exe

Those are the only files there for download with the direct linking. There's no issue with the installer, it's when the installation is finished and done that, while the game appears to be starting up (a series of tickboxes starts appearing and ticking in sequence in a tiny window) and then it throws the error.

I'll be damned if I have to download all those individual installer files just to find out what file it's contained in - surely they CRC those installer files no?

Those are for the full game. The beta is not availible anymore I think. The exe for the full install will be released tomorrow.

You can't install and play the game, it's not released yet. You can only pre-download the *.bin files, just to be ready to go, tomorrow afternoon when the game will be actually released. Did you read what you have quoted?

Although we strongly recommend using our downloader (from the previous page) your direct download is ready

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup.exe NOT AVAILABLE FOR PRELOAD

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup01.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup02.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup03.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup04.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup05.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup06.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup07.bin

Take_On_Helicopters_Setup08.bin

This setup consists of 9 files

Please download all files into same directory and then run Take_On_Helicopters_Setup.exe

It sounds like you're trying to install the full game with the installer of the beta. The full come is released tomorrow, you cannot install the game at this moment.

Please read the instructions.

the quote looks to be full release. operator error.

as said, the exe wont be released until tomorrow. stop trying to install, READ a book instead.

971873-facepalm_display_super.jpg

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

One nice image was here...

Nice one Ziggy! :D Do you have it in bigger resolution?

EDIT

Got you! :D

Edited by BeePee

You can't install and play the game, it's not released yet. You can only pre-download the *.bin files, just to be ready to go, tomorrow afternoon when the game will be actually released. Did you read what you have quoted?

BeePee, likewise if you had read my message:

"I've just bought and installed the pre-order beta, downloaded, installed, activated"

I was seeing this download link information on the pre-order beta game.

Thank you to the rest of you though for the helpful comments.